[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
"
StraideN1 wrote:
I'm playing this build at the moment as Elementalist and I have a question. Does the ascendancy "Shaper of Storms" work with elemental focus? I tried to check it, but i'm not sure if shock comes from wave of conviction or incinerate... Can some1 explain me?

Shaper of Storms: Your Hits always Shock

So any hit we make will shock monsters. Incinerate is constantly hitting so the enemies are always shocked when using Shaper of Storms.

Elemental Focus is a support gem of Incinerate. It does not directly interact with Shaper of Storms. Elemental Focus does increase the damage of Incinerate.

Shaper of Storms shocks all enemies which causes them to take 15% increased damage so Incinerate benefits from both Elemental Focus (as a support gem) and Shaper of Storms because all monsters are shocked constantly.

Thanks!
Actually I believe Elemental Focus does prevent your incinerate from applying shock, but you are hitting with reckoning as well which will apply the shock.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Actually I believe Elemental Focus does prevent your incinerate from applying shock, but you are hitting with reckoning as well which will apply the shock.

Exactly.
Also, glove enchantment, wave of conviction, ... Every triggered skill will apply the shock :)
does anyone have an updated pob for the elementalist version ?
Last edited by BADMYN on May 8, 2021, 11:34:29 AM
"
BADMYN wrote:

Hey,

Here ya go!

https://pastebin.com/7C8LTmhQ
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
BADMYN wrote:

Hey,

Here ya go!

https://pastebin.com/7C8LTmhQ

Thanks a lot !
What do you guys think of this Megalomaniac?

I think I can use all 3 nodes. I was originally only going to use Overlord and Will Shaper(more ES) but according to POB I can benefit from Overshock as well since we use Shaper of Storms.

Hi !
I decided to go for this build seeing different videos you made :d
I have to say that im kinda happy to be so tanky, i mean, having an instable conenction it's such a pleasure not to die on a lag or something

Im just a bit dispointed about boss damages, i mean, i just need to put awakened hextouch on boots for double curse, but will it made the difference against boss ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zaavod/characters

could you look at my build if you have some time ?
thank, and sry for my english, i wish i was a native :')
"
Zaavod wrote:
Hi !
I have to say that im kinda happy to be so tanky, i mean, having an instable conenction it's such a pleasure not to die on a lag or something

Im just a bit dispointed about boss damages, i mean, i just need to put awakened hextouch on boots for double curse, but will it made the difference against boss ?

hello! Your English is excellent!

I will take a look at your build and provide you some tips...

OK, your defenses look great, so I will focus entirely on damage tips for you.

1) The Inquisitor version has much lower damage than the Elementalist version.

2) You are missing one of the biggest damage mechanics in the build. The build uses the Cowards Legacy belt to trick the game into thinking we are low life. Once we use the belt (and associated Watchers Eye), we can then allocate the Pain Attunement passive on the tree for a MASSIVE dps boost. I know you have Pain Attunement on your Skin of the Lords (which is excellent) but it does nothing for you because you are not a low life build. Get the belt/watchers eye and you will see your DPS go up significantly. :)

3) You look like you make a ton of currency (congrats!) so keep your eye out for a corrupted Skin of the Loyal that gives you +1 to all socketed gems as an implicit. This is the biggest damage boost in the build but also the most expensive.

4) You already mentioned the Awakened Hextouch (level 5) and yes that will help. It will not be any where near as big a boost as the three points I mentioned above.

5) I don't think your build needs 2 life flasks. Since you are inquisitor, you have to take advantage of not needing any ailment immunity on your flasks so you can maximize the Unique flasks. This build (especially in Ultimatums) really benefits from Cinderswallow.

6) You can replace the craft on your unset ring with something more suited for the build. Since all our damage comes from spells, you don't benefit from the Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills affix.

If you do steps 2 through 5 listed above, I think you can triple your damage.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can write things clearer for you.

Good luck!

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 15, 2021, 12:53:45 PM
"
"
Zaavod wrote:
Hi !

hello! Your English is excellent!

I will take a look at your build and provide you some tips...

OK, your defenses look great, so I will focus entirely on damage tips for you.

1) The Inquisitor version has much lower damage than the Elementalist version.

2) You are missing one of the biggest damage mechanics in the build. The build uses the Cowards Legacy belt to trick the game into thinking we are low life. Once we use the belt (and associated Watchers Eye), we can then allocate the Pain Attunement passive on the tree for a MASSIVE dps boost. I know you have Pain Attunement on your Skin of the Lords (which is excellent) but it does nothing for you because you are not a low life build. Get the belt/watchers eye and you will see your DPS go up significantly. :)

3) You look like you make a ton of currency (congrats!) so keep your eye out for a corrupted Skin of the Loyal that gives you +1 to all socketed gems as an implicit. This is the biggest damage boost in the build but also the most expensive.

4) You already mentioned the Awakened Hextouch (level 5) and yes that will help. It will not be any where near as big a boost as the three points I mentioned above.

5) I don't think your build needs 2 life flasks. Since you are inquisitor, you have to take advantage of not needing any ailment immunity on your flasks so you can maximize the Unique flasks. This build (especially in Ultimatums) really benefits from Cinderswallow.

6) You can replace the craft on your unset ring with something more suited for the build. Since all our damage comes from spells, you don't benefit from the Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills affix.

If you do steps 2 through 5 listed above, I think you can triple your damage.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can write things clearer for you.

Good luck!

Okay, first thank you very much for this huge and well-argued response, i wasn't expecting so much ahah !

1) how huge is the difference between elementalist version and templar ? i was wondering myself about creating a new character, an elementalist could be good if the output damages was high enough. But what about elementalist tankyness too ? i mean, i might be a bit mentaly disabled but i really like fighting without dodging anything, and facetanking everyspell lol. Would the elementalist be as tanky as my current gear ?

2) i bought the whole stuff this morning, and then i facepalmed understanding that pain attenuement wouldn't work because of the lack of the coward legacy ... i thought i would outsmart the game but no lol
I guess that changing my belt and rings will lower my defenses too, but i'll do it ! i have to say that im kinda sad to sell the not unset ring i bought for something like 13ex u_u

3) yeah it's such a lucky league, last time i played was during delirium and i had already some good luck. We will see if i keep dropping good awakened on conquerors
For the implicit i might wait a bit, the only one i saw with 4b 2r was 65ex ahah

4) yeah i put awakened hextouch one my gear a few hour ago and i felt a huge difference against bosses like chimera

5) okay for the cinderswalow, i'll get one

6) i didn't know this wouldn't impact damages, i'll change this as i change rings !

7) thank you again for the time you spent answering me sir :thank:
Last edited by Zaavod on May 15, 2021, 3:44:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info