[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

Thank you for your commments!

>> Skin of the loyal 4B 2R is currently at 40c so you can add empower and a empower 3 corrupted is 20c so the total price is 60c, quite cheap atm.

In POB it takes an empowered 4 (2X?) to make my DPS higher

>> The blue nightmare you can maybe catch it at exactly 1 ex and that is a super defensive buff so you will no longer die too often.

When I'm channeling my spell block is at 70% which is why I skimped on this, but you are right in that if I'm not channeling then there's a hole in my spell block. I'm a bit low on passive points to fit in another jewel.

>> Cinderswallow, mapping is a breeze and gives you a super buff in offense and defense. This one is currently at 1ex.

Yup, been checking the prices on this, but haven't pulled the trigger because not sure if I should keep pushing.

>> And upgrade that cost literally no money is with your flasks, having 1 granite-1 basalt (damage reduction) and you can put one onslaught or one sulphur and it will give you more damage than the mana flask.

Good suggestions, I probably dont need the curse protection from mana flask

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Thank you for your commments!

>> Skin of the loyal 4B 2R is currently at 40c so you can add empower and a empower 3 corrupted is 20c so the total price is 60c, quite cheap atm.

In POB it takes an empowered 4 (2X?) to make my DPS higher

>> The blue nightmare you can maybe catch it at exactly 1 ex and that is a super defensive buff so you will no longer die too often.

When I'm channeling my spell block is at 70% which is why I skimped on this, but you are right in that if I'm not channeling then there's a hole in my spell block. I'm a bit low on passive points to fit in another jewel.

>> Cinderswallow, mapping is a breeze and gives you a super buff in offense and defense. This one is currently at 1ex.

Yup, been checking the prices on this, but haven't pulled the trigger because not sure if I should keep pushing.

>> And upgrade that cost literally no money is with your flasks, having 1 granite-1 basalt (damage reduction) and you can put one onslaught or one sulphur and it will give you more damage than the mana flask.

Good suggestions, I probably dont need the curse protection from mana flask

Looking a little bit into detail about your character, I notice there are like 2 big points.

1) Maybe because you are taking the golem nodes you are missing the Primal Aegis shield and that makes you tanky for elemental damage. So maybe you are missing defenses there. Also you are missing the shock node and it gives you a nice boost of damage.(Dont know if this compares to the damage given by golems)

2) I saw you were using Purifying Flame in you CWDT set up. I would recommend Wave of Conviction because you arent giving use to the Exposure buff from Mastermind of Discord. (I didnt see you had a proc for that, correct me if im wrong)

Also you are missing molten shell in a CWDT set up, so you are missing a big chunk of shield while mapping.

And yeah sorry about the empower one, I didnt make the changes into PoB so I didnt knew it was that opmital but, I still would consider it because you will have more AoE, and that for mapping is great.

EDIT: Also I saw that you dont have a way to proc Arcane Surge (for me is Practiced Caster in a Large Cluster Jewel) and that boost your damage a lot too.

EDIT2: Is ArcaneAdept the one that gives Arcane Surge buff not Practiced Caster
Last edited by Donizuka on May 4, 2021, 9:35:20 PM
Looking a little bit into detail about your character, I notice there are like 2 big points.

>>> Maybe because you are taking the golem nodes you are missing the Primal Aegis shield and that makes you tanky for elemental damage. So maybe you are missing defenses there. Also you are missing the shock node and it gives you a nice boost of damage.(Dont know if this compares to the damage given by golems)

Yeah, I thought about ditching the golem branch but I like the ailment immunity, and the DPS is compatible or better, even taking into account shock and whatnot.

>>> I saw you were using Purifying Flame in you CWDT set up. I would recommend Wave of Conviction because you arent giving use to the Exposure buff from Mastermind of Discord. (I didnt see you had a proc for that, correct me if im wrong)

I'm getting exposure automatically via my Heraldry cluster jewel. POB and google search result says it works with Mastermind of Discord.

>>> Also you are missing molten shell in a CWDT set up, so you are missing a big chunk of shield while mapping.

I'm using molten shell automatically on my left click, so every once a while I have like a 5K shield. I'm so socket starved I had to use sockets in both rings.

>>> EDIT: Also I saw that you dont have a way to proc Arcane Surge (for me is Practiced Caster in a Large Cluster Jewel) and that boost your damage a lot too.

Arcane surge is in my incinerate 6 link
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on May 4, 2021, 8:18:44 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

>>> I saw you were using Purifying Flame in you CWDT set up. I would recommend Wave of Conviction because you arent giving use to the Exposure buff from Mastermind of Discord. (I didnt see you had a proc for that, correct me if im wrong)

I'm getting exposure automatically via my Heraldry cluster jewel. POB and google search result says it works with Mastermind of Discord.

>>> EDIT: Also I saw that you dont have a way to proc Arcane Surge (for me is Practiced Caster in a Large Cluster Jewel) and that boost your damage a lot too.

Arcane surge is in my incinerate 6 link

Interesting I didnt saw that (about heraldry), quite hard to see it from the tree in the official page. Also im in the middle of the class so im not totally focus :P

Are you getting the buff from arcane surge? Because you need to spend 400 mana to get the buff and we barely use mana with incinerate, so maybe lowering the level can get you the buff.

So yeah basically I dont know what more to improve other than min/max, maybe it doesnt have a high high ceiling or im missing something
I got tried of dying to chaos damage and respeced to a CI version of the build. I have not ran alot of maps since then but i hope that the combined health into energy shield will be much stronger then having the total split.

Will be somewhat weaker vs one shots but should be much stronger vs dot damage and degens.

POB: https://pastebin.com/uxWd3v8N

My build is different with gems since i play in a party and i am not the person that curses. If i used curses i would just overwrite the other person and mess their build up.
"
Donizuka wrote:

Are you getting the buff from arcane surge? Because you need to spend 400 mana to get the buff and we barely use mana with incinerate, so maybe lowering the level can get you the buff.

According to POB it costs 10 mana per stage, and I cast 13.4 times per second, so based on math I get the surge 3 seconds later. So far in gameplay it felt fine, but testing in hideout it does seem to take quite a bit of time to get the surge... Not sure where I can put the arcane surge though, so socket starved...

Edit: just ran a quick map and my arcane surge lasts 8 seconds (looking at the buff). In Ultimatum the buff basically stays at 7 or 8 seconds, keeps resetting, so I think I'm OK there.

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on May 5, 2021, 12:21:16 AM
"
Reflexes18 wrote:
I got tried of dying to chaos damage and respeced to a CI version of the build. I have not ran alot of maps since then but i hope that the combined health into energy shield will be much stronger then having the total split.

Will be somewhat weaker vs one shots but should be much stronger vs dot damage and degens.

POB: https://pastebin.com/uxWd3v8N

My build is different with gems since i play in a party and i am not the person that curses. If i used curses i would just overwrite the other person and mess their build up.

Interesting approach I was actually considering if there was a way to make it CI or LowLife but nice approach, maybe instead of golems you can use more Primal Aegis so that compensates a little the life you are missing.

Definetly a nice approach overall, because the degens hit like a truck.
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
"
Donizuka wrote:

According to POB it costs 10 mana per stage, and I cast 13.4 times per second, so based on math I get the surge 3 seconds later. So far in gameplay it felt fine, but testing in hideout it does seem to take quite a bit of time to get the surge... Not sure where I can put the arcane surge though, so socket starved...

Edit: just ran a quick map and my arcane surge lasts 8 seconds (looking at the buff). In Ultimatum the buff basically stays at 7 or 8 seconds, keeps resetting, so I think I'm OK there.

You can just lower the level of the gem instead of using a lvl 20, yeah you are missing some damage, but you will have almost 100% uptime.
I'm playing this build at the moment as Elementalist and I have a question. Does the ascendancy "Shaper of Storms" work with elemental focus? I tried to check it, but i'm not sure if shock comes from wave of conviction or incinerate... Can some1 explain me?
"
StraideN1 wrote:
I'm playing this build at the moment as Elementalist and I have a question. Does the ascendancy "Shaper of Storms" work with elemental focus? I tried to check it, but i'm not sure if shock comes from wave of conviction or incinerate... Can some1 explain me?

Shaper of Storms: Your Hits always Shock

So any hit we make will shock monsters. Reckoning is constantly hitting so the enemies are always shocked when using Shaper of Storms.

Elemental Focus is a support gem of Incinerate. It does not directly interact with Shaper of Storms. Elemental Focus does increase the damage of Incinerate.

Shaper of Storms shocks all enemies which causes them to take 15% increased damage so Incinerate benefits from both Elemental Focus (as a support gem) and Shaper of Storms because all monsters are shocked constantly via Reckoning.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 7, 2021, 4:00:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info