[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I'm thinking if I can fit in a timeless jewel.

I think in the original guide we can consider replacing unnatural instinct with either Corrupted Soul or Immortal Ambition (if you are inquisitor with Pious Path and life regen, since that will recover your ES)

For my build neither is good. I'm running petrified blood so corrupted soul (half damage goes through ES) is bad. I can't recover ES like inquisitor so immortal ambition is bad.

I'm considering Supreme Decadence (life flask recovery is 30% less but also applies to ES). Panicked flasks gives instant recovery, so having a panick button for ES recover of 1K or more would be nice.

Thats an interesting take about the Timeless Jewels, because I was looking at Unnatural Instint and it doesnt do alot, so I will ask to clarify something. If I take Corrupted Soul, how would it work given that some damage taken bypasses ES and maily we focus to take the hit with ES and then replenish with block. So what would we do with the damage taken that bypasses that? It isnt a big deal considering the life leech?

Immortal ambition seems super good actually, we leech A LOT of life with Cerberus Limb, so I think its a really good option

Am I wrong in something?
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

How does this ES on block work? Say I have 1000 life and 1000 ES and recover 500 ES on block, then I get hit for 1500. I assumed I would have 500 life and 500ES.

If that 1500 takes into account Glancing Blows and other damage mitigation, yes I think that should be the general math.

I did notice that your Spell Block is not capped. It could be you just got some bad RNG and did not block a few spells in a row in Ultimatum and your ES got nuked quickly. You also have a small ES pool with no discipline so that adds to the issue of running out of ES quickly I think.

================

As I side question, I see you are using a mana flask. You look to have 60 mana unreserved and a ton of mana regen. Do you find yourself running out of Mana often?

@Doni Corrupted soul is good if you have strong life recovery, so your damage is spread between life and ES, and you get more ES on top of it. Of course, this increases your chance of one shot since 50% of the damage goes through ES. Immortal Soul is great for inquisitor, but as elementalist we can't recover the ES idling so it's very dangerous until you can leech it to full. I'm not 100% sure how the ES recovery on block interacts with 50% damage goes through ES.

@Andy - good points about spell block. When I am channeling though my spell block is 70% but when I'm not it's 64%, so maybe that's what happened. Also you are right about anything that is not blocked, so 25% of the damage has no ES recovery.

I don't need mana regen like you said, but the mana flask is enduring so it's basically free 12% cast speed, always. Again, hobo budget mode :D
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 30, 2021, 2:54:21 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
recovery.
I don't need mana regen like you said, but the mana flask is enduring so it's basically free 12% cast speed, always. Again, hobo budget mode :D

can you explain this mechanic more to me? How does an Enduring mana flask effect cast speed?

I enabled the flask in POB and I don't see cast speed being effected so there must be a combination of things here that I don't understand...
Oh wait, sorry, I messed up. I'm using it for curse protection, when I had to run a lab trial for Zana so she would reset her store.

I have another enduring flask with 12% cast speed during flask effect.

EDIT: Ewww all the cast speed nodes out of the witch starting point would be converted to something else, a big DPS loss. Maybe shelf this timeless jewel idea for now...
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 30, 2021, 3:54:45 PM
"
Donizuka wrote:
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I'm thinking if I can fit in a timeless jewel.

I think in the original guide we can consider replacing unnatural instinct with either Corrupted Soul or Immortal Ambition (if you are inquisitor with Pious Path and life regen, since that will recover your ES)

For my build neither is good. I'm running petrified blood so corrupted soul (half damage goes through ES) is bad. I can't recover ES like inquisitor so immortal ambition is bad.

I'm considering Supreme Decadence (life flask recovery is 30% less but also applies to ES). Panicked flasks gives instant recovery, so having a panick button for ES recover of 1K or more would be nice.

Thats an interesting take about the Timeless Jewels, because I was looking at Unnatural Instint and it doesnt do alot, so I will ask to clarify something. If I take Corrupted Soul, how would it work given that some damage taken bypasses ES and maily we focus to take the hit with ES and then replenish with block. So what would we do with the damage taken that bypasses that? It isnt a big deal considering the life leech?

Immortal ambition seems super good actually, we leech A LOT of life with Cerberus Limb, so I think its a really good option

Am I wrong in something?

I agree that Unnatural Instinct does not do a lot (especially for the price) but I don't think you can do a straight swap of Unnatural Instinct for a Timeless jewel because that would overwrite Pain Attunement.

You would have to find some where else on the tree to try the timeless jewel I think.

I do agree it Immortal Ambition seems to be interesting. If you try it out please let us know what you think.
"

I agree that Unnatural Instinct does not do a lot (especially for the price) but I don't think you can do a straight swap of Unnatural Instinct for a Timeless jewel because that would overwrite Pain Attunement.

You would have to find some where else on the tree to try the timeless jewel I think.

I do agree it Immortal Ambition seems to be interesting. If you try it out please let us know what you think.

I was thinking of putting in on the other side (where you can grab Mind Over Matter, I just level up to 94 and was thinking of getting rid of amplify to put get the jewel socket and make the change.

I think Immortal Ambition is super good, because we are leeching tons of HP and the HP recover from Cinderswallow is A LOT so I maybe try it out, with that I think (it may be risky) that I can drop the Life flask and get another utility like Atziris to pump up the damage and so the Life/ES leech.

As I said before, the drop in the Life Flask would be for mapping. I can actually make some testing for bosses too.

Currently im working towards the empower 4, but as soon as i have for Immortal Ambition im going to try it out.
I think Immortal ambition for elementalist won't feel as good. Going into a map without ES, and that constant draining of ES if you are not actively fighting mobs (for ES block recovery and leech) is annoying for me personally. If I was inquisitor I would totally do it (or just use a Soul Tether belt).
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I think Immortal ambition for elementalist won't feel as good. Going into a map without ES, and that constant draining of ES if you are not actively fighting mobs (for ES block recovery and leech) is annoying for me personally. If I was inquisitor I would totally do it (or just use a Soul Tether belt).

But I mean, whats the benefit for being an Inquisitor? Assuming you say is the regen from consecrated ground, you get that from bottled faith, and assuming elementalist can get huge dps numbers, the more damage, the more leeching of ES.
"
Donizuka wrote:
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

But I mean, whats the benefit for being an Inquisitor? Assuming you say is the regen from consecrated ground, you get that from bottled faith, and assuming elementalist can get huge dps numbers, the more damage, the more leeching of ES.

Bottled faith does give you consecrated ground but that consecrated ground will not regen your energy shield. Being an Inquisitor regens your energy shield with consecrated ground.

For the debate for timeless jewels, i would not get Corrupted Soul simply due to the fact that it makes our weakness more pronounced while increasing our regen which is already huge.

Taking someone that is for example 3000 hp and 3000 es with 6000 in total vs one shots and turning it into 3000 hp and 3000 + 15% es with only 3000 hp +50% = 4500 vs one shots is not ideal. If you think chaos damage is bad then making everything half chaos is just insane.
Last edited by Reflexes18 on Apr 30, 2021, 10:10:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info