[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Claeysken wrote:
"
tazeko wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but could you use Asenath's gentle touch for more clear speed with this build or is it not compatible?

Yea, maybe, but you sacrifice a lot of armour (which you need for the ES replenishment from the shield) and also, since we aren't scaling phys damage at all, I doubt the damage of the gloves would be that high.

Thanks for the response and advice.

If not these gloves, what then would be the best way to get some more clear speed with this build if one had deep pockets? or is this not really an issue with this build?

I'm currently gathering the required items for this build and have some leftover currency for some vanity power/mechanics if its possible.
"
tazeko wrote:
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
tazeko wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but could you use Asenath's gentle touch for more clear speed with this build or is it not compatible?

Yea, maybe, but you sacrifice a lot of armour (which you need for the ES replenishment from the shield) and also, since we aren't scaling phys damage at all, I doubt the damage of the gloves would be that high.

If not these gloves, what then would be the best way to get some more clear speed with this build if one had deep pockets? or is this not really an issue with this build?

I'm currently gathering the required items for this build and have some leftover currency for some vanity power/mechanics if its possible.

I don't feel something else is needed.
Just use Infernal Cry with Second Wind and just cast an Infernal Cry at a pack.

BOOM! All dead :)

Greetz
"
tazeko wrote:
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
tazeko wrote:

As Claeysken was saying,I dont think there is something else you can have. Right now, with the gear I have (even if it isnt the absolute best) mapping is a breeze, with large packs you pop Infernal Cry and everything explodes and for the other packs I literally dont need to go past 2 stages of Incinerate because everything just dies.
You can dump lots of currency in an amulet for +1 skill gems and +1 fire gems and maybe the Skin of the Loyal +1 corrupt, thats what comes to my mind.

My Gear
Spoiler

I will post an update for everyone interested.

Currently I just changed the set up of my rings + amulet, (was thinking of making my amulet a talisman wishing to get % for global defenses) the amulet just dropped from a Ultimatum encounter and it was super good. I manage to get good amounts of chaos res (atm im at 9% chaos res) so im feeling tanky. The only thing that I need to watch out for are the degens, like the chaos cloud in Ultimatum and sometimes Veritania´s degen cloud, but nothing too dangerous.

I just did Sirus A7 deathless, you can basically just tank almost everything, i did a little limit testing in the fight and I tried tanking the 3 phase beam, and it did almost nothing (like 1k ES damage). So yeah rn, everything seems fine. The change of Void Sphere for Cold Snap was great, I basically run all maps with 3 Endurance (Cluster jewel), 3 Power (The Blue Nightmare), and 3 Frenzy charges (Cold Snap), however you cant have Frenzy at bosses because theres nothing to kill for the Frenzy Charges so you can change it for Frost Bomb to stop regen of the boss. An interesting aspect to take in consideration if you feel you are not dealing damage to bosses, is that you need to let them hit you first, so you block and they get all the debuff from: flammability,combustion,wave of conviction, innerve from blade blast. After that, they simply melt.

Right now, Im working to get the Bottled Faith so I can do way more damage(I will skip the Enlighten 4 for now, because that would give me maybe more life in the tree because of the 3 points, and I dont feel I need to invest in defenses).
The Gear im using is in the reply above.

EDIT: I saw that in the gear above I linked 2 Granite flask, im using 1 Granite and 1 Basalt Flask.
Last edited by Donizuka on Apr 29, 2021, 11:11:42 AM
Just a quick suggestion Donizuka, use a Panicked flask and you can recover more life, and it's instant too since you are low life.
"
Donizuka wrote:
I will post an update for everyone interested.

Currently I just changed the set up of my rings + amulet, (was thinking of making my amulet a talisman wishing to get % for global defenses) the amulet just dropped from a Ultimatum encounter and it was super good. I manage to get good amounts of chaos res (atm im at 9% chaos res) so im feeling tanky. The only thing that I need to watch out for are the degens, like the chaos cloud in Ultimatum and sometimes Veritania´s degen cloud, but nothing too dangerous.

I just did Sirus A7 deathless, you can basically just tank almost everything, i did a little limit testing in the fight and I tried tanking the 3 phase beam, and it did almost nothing (like 1k ES damage). So yeah rn, everything seems fine. The change of Void Sphere for Cold Snap was great, I basically run all maps with 3 Endurance (Cluster jewel), 3 Power (The Blue Nightmare), and 3 Frenzy charges (Cold Snap), however you cant have Frenzy at bosses because theres nothing to kill for the Frenzy Charges so you can change it for Frost Bomb to stop regen of the boss. An interesting aspect to take in consideration if you feel you are not dealing damage to bosses, is that you need to let them hit you first, so you block and they get all the debuff from: flammability,combustion,wave of conviction, innerve from blade blast. After that, they simply melt.

Right now, Im working to get the Bottled Faith so I can do way more damage(I will skip the Enlighten 4 for now, because that would give me maybe more life in the tree because of the 3 points, and I dont feel I need to invest in defenses).
The Gear im using is in the reply above.

Looks awesome!

Don't forget about Empower level 4. That will give you a similar damage boost to Bottled Faith but it is significantly cheaper.

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
@AndyLovesHisBge

I decided to follow your advice and check trade just to see what's out there and found this gem. It was listed for 3C, but the guy didn't respond to multiple messages, then responded when I said I would pay 10C. Still a bargain!

It's still a DPS loss (7% even without annointment, so probably 13% DPS loss) compared to the primordial bond amulet, but 77 more unreserved life, 190 ES, 6500 more armor.

I don't know how to link an item like you did so here are its stats.

Allocates Soul of Steel (enchant)
--------
15% increased Global Defences (implicit)
--------
+19 to Strength
21% increased Spell Damage
24% increased Fire Damage
9% increased Cast Speed
+25 to maximum Energy Shield
+57 to maximum Life

Nice! These anointed Talisman's are a nice stop gap until we get more cash to buy a real good one and anoint it ourselves.

To link an item in these forums is easy. While typing your response, go to the top of the page and click on your character. You can then access anything on your character or in your stash to link here.

To link, simply cntl-click the item you want to link and then close that window and when you come back to finish your post, the item will be linked.
Test... it works, thanks!

I actually saw a primordial chain with soul of steel for sale at 80C, but that 15% increased defense implicit is actually pretty good. If I bought it, it would give me 7.8% DPS but I'd lose 78 unreserved life, 189 ES, 1583 armor. I decided to not buy it for now, save the money for a cinderswallow or something.

Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 29, 2021, 7:40:29 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Test... it works, thanks!

I actually saw a primordial chain with soul of steel for sale at 80C, but that 15% increased defense implicit is actually pretty good. If I bought it, it would give me 7.8% DPS but I'd lose 78 unreserved life, 189 ES, 1583 armor. I decided to not buy it for now, save the money for a cinderswallow or something.

nice!

I just ground out the chaos recipe today (yuck!) and bought a Cinderswallow.

It fits the build very nicely, at least until I can some day afford a Bottled Faith, which at my current pace means never :)
@Andy - Nice! I was hoping for a cinderswallow drop when I killed Catarina last nite (1 death) but she gave me the helm.

Last night while doing chores I was thinking how I can improve my build more, and thinking about the original guide. I lament that I cant afford things like level 5 awaken hextouch... then realized that I path right by Whispers of Doom!!

A bit of juggling and I improved my POB DPS by 15% !! Lost the stone golem (242 regen), some armor (1500), negligible life and ES. I had to take a strength node and buy another ring with a socket to fit everything in.

Here is the new POB:

https://pastebin.com/5VWKR7EX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info