[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:

6) Still need to annoint my amulet, that was what I just bought. Heart of Flame and Golem Commander are both good, but expensive. Might go with Command of Steel (7% dps) or Divine Judgment. Any other suggestions for a "cheaper" annoint?

if you are short of cash, don't forget the talisman trick. There are a ton of Soul of Steel anointed talismans on the market right now for cheap.

I just picked this up for only 10c.

It is not OP but I get an incredibly cheap Soul of Steel, a little ES, a nice chunk of life, Fire Damage and tops off my Lightning resist.

Well worth 10c IMO.

Take some time to search the Talisman's, you might find a good fit for your build and you can search under any anointment you want.
Ah, good idea, thanks. The golem ammy though gives me like 12% dps and more regen, so probably sticking with it for now. Still havent progressed to red maps yet so soul of steel is probably overkill defense.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 27, 2021, 11:18:38 PM
Hello,

Saw that the Elementalist is being tried out for this build.

However, would the reduced regen for both energy shield and health along with the mana be a huge problem?

Is that worth the dps increase for being Elementalist?

Last edited by Reflexes18 on Apr 28, 2021, 8:22:53 AM
"
Reflexes18 wrote:
Hello,

Saw that the Elementalist is being tried out for this build.

However, would the reduced regen for both energy shield and health along with the mana be a huge problem?

Is that worth the dps increase for being Elementalist?

There is no mana issue with Elementalist. At end game, you can hold down incinerate forever with just the basic tree.

The build depends more on Life/ES recovery than it does Life/ES regen so you won't notice a difference.

I have played both Inquisitor and Elementalist with this build and I believe the Ele version is stronger over all but you will enjoy both versions imo.
You can check out the build I just posted a few posts ago.

If you went the golem branch in the ascendency, you get a lot of regen from stone golem as well, along with ailment immunity, but then the DPS is about the same. Of course, the inquisitor life/shield regen is nice since both are regenning at the same time. I used zealot's oath for a while but switched out because I'm doing low life. So far at T9 the ES is holding, we'll see how I do later.

The nice thing about elementalist is the huge AOE (I use concentrated effect with my girl and I still hit 2/3 of the screen) and cast speed from lightning golem, makes incinerate feel much better to play.
The golem version sounds very interesting and the use of the half life aura gem seems great to test out as well.

Would you get the Golems first or go for the area of effect/damage ascendancy?
I got the golems first. The buffs are nice when leveling, and the extra regen/cast speed feels good. Also this is my league starter, I rather have the ailment immunity while I'm mapping to unlock my uber lab than the extra AOE/damage. Personal preference though, I'm sure either way is fine.

I think the original guide's setup is probably better, as either inquisitor or witch. More life/ES than my own version, but my is more budget and finishes at level 90 or 91. An meglomania with overlord is very expensive, as well as coward legacy and all the other deluxe stuff. My low life setup feels good DPS, but I'm not sure yet if I will be tanky enough in higher red maps. I've only done T9 so far, cuz I suck at map progression.

If you go back even more pages in this thread to the end of the last league, quite a few people like Andy posted their end league version of elementalist, which are all higher end and better than my current one as well.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Apr 28, 2021, 3:15:40 PM
@AndyLovesHisBge

I decided to follow your advice and check trade just to see what's out there and found this gem. It was listed for 3C, but the guy didn't respond to multiple messages, then responded when I said I would pay 10C. Still a bargain!

It's still a DPS loss (7% even without annointment, so probably 13% DPS loss) compared to the primordial bond amulet, but 77 more unreserved life, 190 ES, 6500 more armor.

I don't know how to link an item like you did so here are its stats.

Allocates Soul of Steel (enchant)
--------
15% increased Global Defences (implicit)
--------
+19 to Strength
21% increased Spell Damage
24% increased Fire Damage
9% increased Cast Speed
+25 to maximum Energy Shield
+57 to maximum Life
Pardon my ignorance, but could you use Asenath's gentle touch for more clear speed with this build or is it not compatible?
"
tazeko wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but could you use Asenath's gentle touch for more clear speed with this build or is it not compatible?

Yea, maybe, but you sacrifice a lot of armour (which you need for the ES replenishment from the shield) and also, since we aren't scaling phys damage at all, I doubt the damage of the gloves would be that high.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info