[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

@deadbubble TYSM! Tweaked my ascendancy to take Sanctuary of Thought and taking this toon for a spin to practice the mechanics now!
If you follow this guide, you'll end up at 7.2k ES or some shit, not 5k. Remember, the OP has really nice gear. You also need to be at about level 90 to get all the ES and mana nodes. Furthermore, high mana rolls on gear also gives more ES. The rare gear isn't all that expensive, however. Only spent 1ex each on two rings.

@SaltBringer

Np! Hope you enjoy the build. I found it really fun once you got it off the ground.
Last edited by deadbubble on Apr 28, 2020, 1:05:39 PM
Hi,

just wanna say deeply in love with this build and guide. I'm a new player just started 3 weeks ago so pardon me for the lack of knowledge.

I stumbled upon a problem.. I can't get myself to get 4 auras like you have (clarity, zealotry, wrath, and discipline). Discipline takes too much life.

Here's my info

char level 75
have done all the ascendancy
max life : 1660

is it because of the blood magic support gem level? it's at lvl 16

thank you in advance
"
I stumbled upon a problem.. I can't get myself to get 4 auras like you have (clarity, zealotry, wrath, and discipline). Discipline takes too much life.

Put Discipline in Shield and use lower level Clarity. OP has it only on level 1.
"
Takayama wrote:
"

Put Discipline in Shield and use lower level Clarity. OP has it only on level 1.

AAHHHH IC... that's why.. didn't notice the clarity gem level... thank you
Last edited by era3zz on Apr 28, 2020, 2:11:37 PM
Hey boys. The other day I made the last lab and got the 'storm brand damage penetrates 8% of branded enemy's lightning resistence'.
I think I can kinda sell it quick for 32 exalteds more or less. Should I sell it and get the Watchers eye? I just want to finish the 40/40, really.. not become the most powerful storm-brand-bruh-ever.

Im level 82 (pretty low I know) but I only have 5700 ES because im a retard and bought like shit in trade and basically went broke.

The lvl 1 clarity is used along with a really expensive watcher's eye, not for the mana regen it gives. You can run whatever lvl clarity you can handle on your remaining hp from 3 auras in shield, or just leave it out entirely until you get a watchers eye with the clarity/ES mod.
"
"
jbmcarth wrote:
It's inaccurate to say people will have 5k ES without the clarity watchers. Following the build gets you 7-8k ES with the uniques + budget items. Sanc of Thought is critical to the build, not a solution to a problem with the build. It's in the PoB. Voidbringers and fevered minds are also part of the build...

Sanc of Thought is not in the PoB that I punched in, but sure? Nice tone buddy. Are they part of the build? duuuur

Nice tone? Sounds like you are accusing others of being rude.

Let me tell you what is actually inconsiderate: skipping the content of a well-written guide that explains everything with perfect clarity, going straight to a build's PoB, and then posting criticism of the build without even bothering to consult said guide about any questions/problems you have, all of which were addressed in detail in the OP.

And getting snide when people call you out for it. Read the guide.
"
antimufa wrote:
Hey boys. The other day I made the last lab and got the 'storm brand damage penetrates 8% of branded enemy's lightning resistence'.
I think I can kinda sell it quick for 32 exalteds more or less. Should I sell it and get the Watchers eye? I just want to finish the 40/40, really.. not become the most powerful storm-brand-bruh-ever.

Im level 82 (pretty low I know) but I only have 5700 ES because im a retard and bought like shit in trade and basically went broke.

We all make mistakes. I'd sell to upgrade for sure.
Good luck! 40/40 requires reaching lvl 100, in case you missed that. I'll be stoked to manage 36/40

Thoughts on other anoints? Heart of Thunder is better than heartseeker and costs ~70c currently. Seems reasonable for the people with 40+ ex invested.

Does anybody know how Arcane surge works from multiple sources? Can you use a lvl 20 on arcane cloak and then keep the duration from expiring with a lower lvl one linked to brand recall?

Idk what the economy was like at the start of the league, but there's no reason to include Apep's Rage in the cheap version atm. I found a 137 mana, 90% spell dmg wand with a tiny spell crit roll that very slightly increased brand tooltip damage but also gave me like 400+ ES. There's wands on poe.trade for 4c that should similarly outperform Apep's Rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info