[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
spectrearc wrote:
So, note that the POBs seem to have soul thief vs ghost reaver + 1 point in mana (10%)

The soul thief node seems like it gives more survivability (pure ES) over the add'l mana, but ghost reaver does grant more leech (0.3% from soul thief vs 0.5% from ascendancy + 2% atziri's)

Additionally, for anointment, do you think it's worth dropping throatseeker for hardened scars? Fortify just seems too great to pass up.

Unfortunately we aren't using life flasks as we have no way to keep them running. The original version ran shield charge+fortify. I found that it didn't protect me from 1 shots at all and dropped it for more mobility from dash.
First off, thank you so much for this build! This is my first league (started about a week before 3.10), and I was having a bit of trouble finding a build that would streamline learning the mechanics of the game, and this did the trick for me. I've pushed it as far as I can figure out how to, does anybody have any suggestions on any changes to start saving for?

Favorite thing right now is farming delirium in maps and simulacrum (frenzy charges on kill have been great for those).

POB:
https://pastebin.com/DgYFs3dA
Last edited by pitby on Apr 27, 2020, 9:52:40 PM
Hi thanks for this build. This is my first real league and was looking for a new, non-bankbreaking,endgame viable playstyle and your vids sold me. I've gone and picked up most if not all the core gear, and while I can do some low level red maps, I am having a real hard time with some content. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my mechanics as this is my first ES build and mana management is completely different.

Was wondering if any veteran players could help me out with some of my issues:
1.) losing brands. I don't know how to sustain my brands across the map. I can start with up to 3 or 4 if I have prep space at the beginning of a map, but after a handful of recalls, I often end up with 1 or none and get instagibbed at that point.

2.) Randomly unavailable skill movement. I use Second Wind Dash to move around quickly, over ledges, and most importantly, as my GTFO button in bad situations. Frequently, I find the skill unresponsive, presumably because i've run out of resources to cast it? Idk, but I need help understanding why it's not there when I need it, and what/if any behaviors I need to modify to ensure it's always ready.

3.) Trash mobs wreck me. With my other characters, I welcome mob density. I dread mob density with this one. I'm sure this is related to #1 and my ignorance of the playstyle mechanics, but this is especially discouraging and IDK what I'm doing wrong.

4.) Mechanics: bossing vs. clearing. I watched OP's boss kill videos a few times and noticed that he preps for them by casting about two brands, recalling, casting another brand or two, recalling, then mounting up to regulate. Is this the same pattern I need to clear? What happens if I lose brands and have to manual cast as I run around clearing trash?

Here is a POB to my build: https://pastebin.com/ULagSd3j

TIA sempai Exiles
Last edited by Saltbringer on Apr 27, 2020, 5:30:14 PM
@SaltBringer

In order to sustain maps, you need: Second Wind and Empower linked to Brand Recall.

1)

Brand Recall calls all brands to you, and extends their duration by 1.2 seconds. It has a default cooldown of about 3 seconds or so. In order to keep brands up through the map, you need the cooldown as fast as possible. As Recall gains levels (max of 6), its cooldown recovery speed increases by 10% per level, so levels help it alot. You need it at about level 4 or 5 just to be able to keep them up consistently. Empower grants additional levels, giving a nice boost to the CDR, and Second Wind adds additional CDR to it. So an Empower 3, Brand Recall 4, and a high level Second Wind (like 18 or so) should have you sustaining nicely enough.

2)

Dash has a cooldown associated with it. Second Wind adds another free use, and gives more CDR. Don't spam Dash, as it'll be on CD once you really need to cast it. Second Wind is a huge qol, due to the extra use, and the CDR it provides.

4)

For bosses, only 2 is necessary, since only a max of 2 can attach to the boss. Having more helps though. This is the pattern for hte build, period. Cast brands, regain mana, cast brands until you hit max.

One more thing: Set Brand Recall to left click. A recent patch made it so instant cast skills do not interrupt movement, like Recall itself. By doing this, Brand Recall will cast every single time its available, without needing your direct input, which is a HUGE quality of life for this build.

Finally, for 3)

One huge factor: You're level 72. That is really low (not that its bad,or unexpected, obviously). The thing about this build is that it is i very point starved, and needs to be at least level 90 so it can get all the Energy Shield, Mana, and jewel sockets, so it can actually function well. Mana and jewel sockets especially, as that is exactly where all its damage comes from. Mana gives both ES and damage, and Fevered Minds give ALOT of damage, especially once you get all 6. Thats just the way the build works. Thats why it really does not suggest any cluster jewels. It would be very hard to justify getting rid of any points for them.

Either join a breachlord rota, or just run maps with levels equivalent to your own level, and play it safe.

Also, one last thing: Looking at your PoB, you did not take Sanctuary of Thought. Thats really, really, really bad. You NEED the ES from mana badly, ESPECIALLY while you're leveling and at maps. Drop Devotion, take Sanctuary. 2.7k ES absolutely does not cut it for red maps. Hell, its barely enough for act 10. Sanctuary would put you at 4k, which, while not ideal, will be so much more comfortable. This is especially important before you get ES nodes on the tree.
Last edited by deadbubble on Apr 27, 2020, 10:30:08 PM
how to fix when mapping its so dark coz my hp is low sry im newbie
@ketchie

Delirium brightens the map up, so rely on that. Easy to keep it up for bulk of map once your character gets juiced.

Otherwise, just pick up Arcane Vision. Literally 1 point away from the tree laid out. It'll ruin your
m i n m a x i n g though.
Last edited by deadbubble on Apr 28, 2020, 1:59:42 AM
You should warn the readers they will have 5k es without the clarity Watchers Eye, which is going for 30 exalt.

Sanc of Thought instead of Illum Devot is a awesome solution puts me at 7200es...but then Voidbringers are a must and you need all the Fevered Minds you can get.

Just a thought. Without Illum Devot and the Watchers Eye you'r elooking at cringe level ES. Like...you should PSA that. 5k es is not end game comfortable like, at all.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 28, 2020, 3:19:44 AM
It's inaccurate to say people will have 5k ES without the clarity watchers. Following the build gets you 7-8k ES with the uniques + budget items. Sanc of Thought is critical to the build, not a solution to a problem with the build. It's in the PoB. Voidbringers and fevered minds are also part of the build...

"
You should warn the readers they will have 5k es without the clarity Watchers Eye, which is going for 30 exalt.

Sanc of Thought instead of Illum Devot is a awesome solution puts me at 7200es...but then Voidbringers are a must and you need all the Fevered Minds you can get.

Just a thought. Without Illum Devot and the Watchers Eye you'r elooking at cringe level ES. Like...you should PSA that. 5k es is not end game comfortable like, at all.

To be fair, every section of the guide mentions this exact thing.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
It's inaccurate to say people will have 5k ES without the clarity watchers. Following the build gets you 7-8k ES with the uniques + budget items. Sanc of Thought is critical to the build, not a solution to a problem with the build. It's in the PoB. Voidbringers and fevered minds are also part of the build...

Sanc of Thought is not in the PoB that I punched in, but sure? Nice tone buddy. Are they part of the build? duuuur
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 28, 2020, 11:01:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info