[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

@op

Heard GGG is going to nerf archmage to the ground next league
Do you think your build will still be viable after, lets say, a 40% nerf on archmage?
I just beat act 10 and got all the necessary uniques, though I haven't finished fusing my body armor. Skills are kind of a mess, running brand out of 4L. Still need to get potions for all the status effects that kill me really easily, but damage is nice despite the 4L (one of which is chain lol) for low tier maps.

Since I won't be pushing into content where dps is limiting for a while, I don't really need WoC/curse setup yet. Also, watcher's is out of the picture for a long time. With that in mind, what can I do with the 3L and 4L wand/boot slots once my armor is ready for brand? I can move dash into wand, leaving me with a 4L...Was thinking some kind of cwdt setup?

IMO it's worth adding to the OP an extreme budget version. I got everything I needed to start early maps (very, very fast) for like 30 chaos. Didn't need to farm at all to get it off the ground. Certainly don't have the survivability of other 30c starter builds, but the clear speed is just ridiculous. Not bad at all for currency farming.

rare rings/belt for resists, just whatever is fine. ~5k ES, growing pretty rapidly with additional passives for mana or ES. Healthy mind is next purchase

Until now I'd never seen a LL build that can get off the ground and start doing post-game content on a budget of 20-30c.
Last edited by jbmcarth on Apr 26, 2020, 5:56:55 PM
"
zer0code wrote:
@op

Heard GGG is going to nerf archmage to the ground next league
Do you think your build will still be viable after, lets say, a 40% nerf on archmage?

Even an 80% nerf would have us at 3-5m dps per brand. So yes, very viable. We are safe unless they change another mechanic (my guess is something to do with recall)
Hey another question: in POB you have fortify checked, but I can't figure out where you get this from... Is that a mistake or am I just dumb?
So, note that the POBs seem to have soul thief vs ghost reaver + 1 point in mana (10%)

The soul thief node seems like it gives more survivability (pure ES) over the add'l mana, but ghost reaver does grant more leech (0.3% from soul thief vs 0.5% from ascendancy + 2% atziri's)

Additionally, for anointment, do you think it's worth dropping throatseeker for hardened scars? Fortify just seems too great to pass up.
@spectrearc

This is a Low Life build. Once you get the right gear, you won't ever be under the effect of a life flask. Throatseeker is the best budget anoint. If you got cash to burn, Mana Flows gives quite a bit of mana (which translates to ES and damage). Heart of Thunder gives even more damage, but no survivability.
"
deadbubble wrote:
@spectrearc

This is a Low Life build. Once you get the right gear, you won't ever be under the effect of a life flask. Throatseeker is the best budget anoint. If you got cash to burn, Mana Flows gives quite a bit of mana (which translates to ES and damage). Heart of Thunder gives even more damage, but no survivability.

I was thinking of using an enduring or foreboding hybrid flask, which should get around the issue.

Still mulling over it because I get randomly chunked in delirium sometimes while running t15/16s

Enduring (flask effect not removed at max) and Foreboding (recovery takes place at end of flask duration) should allow for the fortify effect to be up, which is a rather nice 20% DR
Last edited by spectrearc on Apr 27, 2020, 2:23:55 AM
Get used to these random oneshots... they will happen from time to time no matter how much ES you have... that is basically Delirium league in a nutshell :)
"
nizarh1999 wrote:
Hey another question: in POB you have fortify checked, but I can't figure out where you get this from... Is that a mistake or am I just dumb?

My mistake! Earlier versions used shield charge and fortify. I just forgot to uncheck.
"
Edimasta wrote:
Get used to these random oneshots... they will happen from time to time no matter how much ES you have... that is basically Delirium league in a nutshell :)

It is for most builds unfortunately. Stay frosty however, I've got something new on the horizon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info