[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

"
should I drop Chain Support and Arcane surge and replace it with Inspiration and Cold Pen Support?

Aside from socket color, Arcane Surge does more damage than Inspiration but with a longer ramp up time and a higher mana cost per cast. So that one depends on how the two feel in your build and whether you have enough available mana.

Chain is a huge dps loss to Cold Pen here. (10M vs 16M in my build) I don't bother to swap because EK clear is plenty good for me without Chain, and even without Ring of Blades. (Although if I were seriously into Delirium maps and Simulacrum, I'd have to think about RoB.)

At a minimum, I would swap in Cold Pen for boss fights, but I really don't think the Chain clear is needed unless you're seriously farming.

Just my 2 cents.

:-)
Last edited by GreyLensman on May 27, 2020, 1:57:34 PM
rolled into this build yesterday and having a blast with it. if anyone can take a look and help me improve my single target a bit I'd appreciate it. I have some dyslexia so I get some stuff confused some times. Just at level 95 for now and things are basically melting but bosses maybe a little slower. I'm about to hit the guardians and sirus so I'll see how that goes. Build is tanky for sure. I didn't spend much on cobalt jewels, I just wanted to get something slotted in there to start. I have one abyss jewel because i kinda like phasing.

https://pastebin.com/0jeS0FF0
whoops needed to import had an old link for a few seconds
thanks!

Last edited by teknik1200 on May 27, 2020, 2:41:01 PM
"
NotiboyQho19 wrote:

I could drop Vaal Righteous Fire and replace it with Vitality instead. Just checked your build as well. Should I drop Chain Support and Arcane surge and replace it with Inspiration and Cold Pen Support? I feel like I'll experience some mana issues and won't be able to cast EK continously. I had Harmony of Purpose and just tried out Radiant Crusade and the damage and tankiness kinda disappointed me, so I plan to go back to Harmony of Purpose lmao.

a few thoughts:

-if you are concerned about tankiness, I highly recommend getting at least one, maybe 2 replenishing presence/PH jewels. they give you a huge amount of ES regen and are only a small dps loss over endbringer.
-get rid of your portal gem, this build is extremely socket-starved so we cant spare one for convenience
-i would put haste in your alphas howl instead of wrath, the extra levels are really nice for it and make little difference for wrath
-try to divine your nebulis up for better dmg
-you really, really need phys->lightning wrath watchers eye. it is an enormous dmg boost. you can get one pretty cheap now i think

-your tree is kind of a mess. dont take the scion jewel. replace intuitive leap with ring of blades and just path to charisma.
-forget damage on your RMR jewels. you dont need it there and it barely makes a difference. focus on ES, or for you specifically, strength, so you can get rid of that crazy efficient training jewel
-i would get out of insightfulness wheel, the points are better spent on jewel sockets

one other thing- i spent forever tryijng to figure out the best, most optimal 6 link gem setup and drove myself kind of crazy. heres what i settled on:

EK-PHys to Light-Echo-Arcane Surge- controlled destruction - pierce

i like chain a lot but it has a huge damage penalty and so isnt worth using. with the 6l above my damage is excellent and the qol/clear is great. pierce has no dmg penalty, can pierce 3 monsters, and there are sources of extra pierce. i use the poachers aim jewel, it gives me 1 more pierce and with 4 the setup feels really really good. you can also get 1-2 more pierces on boots, too. pierce is green and can be swapped out for cold pen on bosses, though i find this wholly unnecessary and literally never do it.

inspiration is nice for the reduced mana cost, but it takes a bit to scale up and turns off occasionally, just not worth it unless u absolutely cant cast full mana EK. Arcane surge has a big damage bonus, big cast speed bonus (which is huge for our dps), and with how we cast, it has 100% uptime.

so anyways thats what i use, it feels great and bigly recommend
Last edited by yoloqueen on May 27, 2020, 4:52:55 PM
"
yoloqueen wrote:
one other thing- i spent forever tryijng to figure out the best, most optimal 6 link gem setup and drove myself kind of crazy. heres what i settled on:

EK-PHys to Light-Echo-Arcane Surge- controlled destruction - pierce

i like chain a lot but it has a huge damage penalty and so isnt worth using. with the 6l above my damage is excellent and the qol/clear is great. pierce has no dmg penalty, can pierce 3 monsters, and there are sources of extra pierce. i use the poachers aim jewel, it gives me 1 more pierce and with 4 the setup feels really really good. you can also get 1-2 more pierces on boots, too. pierce is green and can be swapped out for cold pen on bosses, though i find this wholly unnecessary and literally never do it.

inspiration is nice for the reduced mana cost, but it takes a bit to scale up and turns off occasionally, just not worth it unless u absolutely cant cast full mana EK. Arcane surge has a big damage bonus, big cast speed bonus (which is huge for our dps), and with how we cast, it has 100% uptime.

so anyways thats what i use, it feels great and bigly recommend

I got a Watcher's Eye now but it's kinda different from what you said I need. I'll be looking for that specific one later on. Was checking your character and some of the sockets didn't have the gems in it. Was curious on how you set-up your auras since I might get it socketed to wrong places again lmao. BTW, big thanks for your advices and to the other people who's helping me right now.
i was fucking around in game, moving stuff around testing reserved mana so it was probably picking that up. it should be all set now if you look again. regardless, socketing auras is different person to person depending on your gear, how many RMR jewels you have, etc. trying to copy me exactly might not work.

if you are using Nebulis, 2 COTB rings, etc, you need a watchers eye with the "% physical damage converted to lightning damage when you are affected by wrath" mod. its basically essential to the build. if you can only afford an eye with that mod and a useless other mod, thats fine.
Last edited by yoloqueen on May 27, 2020, 6:11:39 PM
Wait quick question does controlled destruction work with crit? I thought it reduces crit chance by 100%.
"
Nihilum12345 wrote:
Wait quick question does controlled destruction work with crit? I thought it reduces crit chance by 100%.

its additive, not multiplicative. so if youd normally have 350% chance, with it you have 250%, not 0%
Ah I see. Do you think the crit version is better? Currently running shaper's touch but thinking of swapping over.
For EK users.

Anyone saying you absolutely MUST have a phys->lightning conversion watcher's eye (which is still somewhat pricey well rolled especially with a secondary useful mod) should look into a WE with "critical strikes penetrate 10% of enemies elemental resistances while affected by zealotry" and "gain 25% of phys as extra lightning damage wrath".. It gave me a huge damage boost over the phys->lightning WE and was a lot cheaper (well rolled a week ago).

I'm taking the non-damaging ailment route with this build so pure dps may be lower but clear speed and boss damage is major. Bosses are totally frozen and can't do anything.

Constantly playing around with my gems and build so it looks far from optimal now but even with low ES I'm face rolling anything. But hitting 40-50 mil dps with my optimal dps setup with everything up which is too much anyway.. That's why I'm trying alternatives for faster clearing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info