[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

"
Like just get an awakened this, awakened that.. yeah right. Not even reachable for most players to get even one.

Don't give up on this. I spent a lot of the league playing with builds, so only recently finished off the last few stones to do AL8. I think I've done 4 Sirus cycles since then and have 3 awakened gems. (Only one from Sirus himself.)

No idea though whether that is average luck or especially good. And they do take some time to level.

Folks, a while back there was a fairly detailed conversation around running CoC / Cyclone with this... and since I'm done everything else, I was thinking about trying that out.

I'm not having much luck digging through the last dozen pages or so though. Anyone still active that's using this?

I seem to recall something about Offering to the Serpent gloves, but I don't see the benefit over Maligaro's. Makes me wonder what I'm not thinking about.

All I'd really need is belt / boots with cooldown recovery, ring with grants whatever skill to replace the free skill gem I'm losing from the boots, and an awakened cast on crit? And mess about with Haste levels to get the right APS?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Folks, a while back there was a fairly detailed conversation around running CoC / Cyclone with this... and since I'm done everything else, I was thinking about trying that out.

I'm not having much luck digging through the last dozen pages or so though. Anyone still active that's using this?

I seem to recall something about Offering to the Serpent gloves, but I don't see the benefit over Maligaro's. Makes me wonder what I'm not thinking about.

All I'd really need is belt / boots with cooldown recovery, ring with grants whatever skill to replace the free skill gem I'm losing from the boots, and an awakened cast on crit? And mess about with Haste levels to get the right APS?

I recently switched from EK to arc coc and have been referencing facelessman122's profile.

There's also this guide for budget herald arc coc:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2857316

This bit in that guide is what I was looking for to dial in my build:

COC Breakpoints
Spoiler
The way cast on critical strike works for this build is as such: Everytime you hit a critical strike with cyclone, you cast a linked spell. However, there is an internal cool down in the CoC support gem. Basically, without any cooldown recovery, you can cast a arc a maximum of ~6 times. Therefore, going above 6 attack per second ('aps') is not going to add significantly more damage for the build, except damage that you get for cyclone (which i think is negligible).

With cooldown recovery, though, we can increase the cast per second of CoC but it operates in a rather strange way of 'breakpoints'. My interpretation of it is as such:
- Casts per second does not scale linearly with cooldown recovery speed
- Casts per second only increase when you hit certain levels of cooldown recovery speed. Based on my understanding, 15% and 52%. These are known as breakpoints.

To get to the following cooldown recovery speed:
(1) 15% to get up to 7.5 casts per second, you want <7.5 aps - use either cooldown recovery on belt or boots
(2) 52% to get up to 10 casts per second, you want <10 aps - use awakened CoC gem (at least level 4 for 19%), and cooldown recovery speed from boots (up to 15%) and belt (up to 20%)

What does this mean for the build?
- Ideally, you want to maintain an aps that corresponds to the cooldown recovery that you can get
- The POB/my character posted is certainly not a good example of that - it definitely can be optimized to do more damage but I got lazy :P
- In terms of what you can tweak to get to the right level of attack speed:
(1) Haste gem level
(2) Removing increased attack speed from your jewels that give you reduced mana reserved
- You should test out your max aps when mapping - remember that it needs to take into account onslaught, frenzy charges

For those who are interested, here is a CoC breakpoint calculator: link

Still looking for upgrades for my own setup. Not sure what watcher's to run and I need to upgrade all my jewels for sure. Need to play with my haste level to get correct APS. I have also been on the fence about ditching my headhunter to hit the 52% icr. Been trying to figure out how to use PoB since this is my first league that I've actually taken seriously.

Have about 25 ex if anyone sees any upgrades for me. Gonna try crafting better jewels tonight.
Last edited by aerfall on May 28, 2020, 11:50:14 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

feel free to check my char out profile is public as of right now my aps is perfect 10.02 with the correct haste level ;-) also have these gloves but dont use them as of right now

cyclone is like 4.3mill arc 16mill vaal arc 100mill for reference crit chance 100% without increased critical strike gem in chest
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on May 29, 2020, 12:11:54 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

CoC Arc is crazy fun. The gameplay is really smooth and more control. You can reference my build. I melt kosis in 2sec with 52% icdr with smite and VRF on. Only thing I lack is a good offensive watcher's eye and maligaro's with elemental weakness. My ascendancy is also slightly different.

Other than that I see no use to do any further upgrades.

FYI my gears are up for sale as well. I dont come online often so I dont bother putting them up in trade market. DM me if you see something you're interested.

Last edited by BonJovii on May 29, 2020, 12:42:25 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Give it a go, i personally wouldnt switch back to self cast.

As mentioned above it's just about balancing cooldown reduction % and the correct aps. The coc info linked by Aerful is accurate.

You will need new boots, belt and a gem switch.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 29, 2020, 1:36:37 AM
I think I am actually done with POE until the next league, I very rarely stop playing but the grind to 100 put me off and grinding for Double Corruption alter has royally put me off, done 26 full temple runes now and 19 of them were Tier 2 corruption room...its just a big massive middle finger.

Sirus has also annoyed me, all 4 bosses are the 11 maps encounter, its just turned the grind up 1000% haha.

Considering the only real upgrades I can do are double corrupt gloves and boots, its just too little for so much grind. Would get the currency by the time i get the next double corrupt but i dont value the corruption on the gloves at 100ex - would make sense if there were only a few in the league but there are many.

If anyone is interested at buying any of my gear/jewels, feel free to DM me. I too am not online alot anymore but check the forums regularly.

It was a good run, just wish the RNG was a little more favourable, at least 1 corruption alter per 10-20 temple runs.
I know it's personal preference and playstyle. But by far, what's the best damage skill you've used on this build? Arc or EK or Divine Ire? And a noob question, what level should Clarity and Vitality need to stay at?
I like EK a lot - fast projectiles are always nice. I haven't played Arc or Divine Ire in this build but didn't especially like them in other builds. Very much personal pref though.

Clarity and Precision are about how much mana you can afford to give them. Vitality is about how much strength you want to invest in.

My Clarity is at 9 (+2) and that's more than enough. Vitality is fine at 15. I have not tried to seriously tune my build as it's so smooth out of the box.
"
NotiboyQho19 wrote:
I know it's personal preference and playstyle. But by far, what's the best damage skill you've used on this build? Arc or EK or Divine Ire? And a noob question, what level should Clarity and Vitality need to stay at?
I've run EK, Divine Ire, Vaal Arc, and Spark. Oh, and now I'm using Cyclone with CoC & Arc.

DI will kill mobs just with the channeling part, the release will kill bosses, but you do need to aim it.

Spark is just too random for me. Everything eventually gets tagged, but sometimes it takes a while.

EK is entirely self aiming and has built in many extra projectiles. It's a physical projectile spell, so anything that boosts damage on phys or projectiles helps. That's 2 more tags than Arc has, so it's easier to gear.

Arc is still mostly self aiming, has built in many "targets" at once, same as EK, however, it also has built in chain, and starts as a lightning skill so no need for the initial phys -> lightning conversion. That lack of an extra conversion is both a blessing and a curse. You can use the gem slot for something else, however, buying good DPS jewels is a bunch of money because you can't use anything with increased physical damage, projectile damage, etc.

Cyclone is interesting. I dunno if it's faster clear or not - you get to kill while moving, while the others on the list require you to stop and cast something to kill. So it's faster that way, however, Cyclone also has a 30% less multiplier on your move speed, so it's slower. But move skills can be used to 'port around without messing up your cyclone, so... I just dunno. I'm going to have to run and time a bunch of maps and average the numbers.

Sirus was way easier with Cyclone. The Terrace boss no fear challenge was way harder with Cyclone. There may not be a strong case for either way.

My personal favourite so far is Vaal Arc or Cyclone.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info