[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

Well folks, this has been an epic build and league for me. I'm not even running particularly high end gear on the herald stacker, and not playing near the hours that some on here have been, I'm still putting in 50+ hour work weeks during the pandemic, AND this was my second character this league, I put 6 weeks into an int-stacking power siphon wander first.

Even so, I have:
- Fully completed the atlas.
- First ever mirror drop. (Over 10k hours into the game, I've been playing for a lot of years)
- 40/40 challenges. Last time I did that was Breach league.
- First time leveling to the 100 cap.
- All content. Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Sirus AL 8, Kurgal, Aul.
- Every non-purchase Hideout obtained.
- Almost all crafts unlocked. 7 remaining veiled. (So far. Still working on those...)

I'll probably work on hideouts, help push some guildies up to level 100 or 40/40 for the rest of the league. If anyone here needs a carry and I'm on, hit me up.

I'm running the crit vaal arc variant. My gear in case anyone cares:
Spoiler

Jewels, cluster and regular:
Spoiler

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/5MH4GBLE
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Well folks, this has been an epic build and league for me. I'm not even running particularly high end gear on the herald stacker, and not playing near the hours that some on here have been, I'm still putting in 50+ hour work weeks during the pandemic, AND this was my second character this league, I put 6 weeks into an int-stacking power siphon wander first.

Even so, I have:
- Fully completed the atlas.
- First ever mirror drop. (Over 10k hours into the game, I've been playing for a lot of years)
- 40/40 challenges. Last time I did that was Breach league.
- First time leveling to the 100 cap.
- All content. Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Sirus AL 8, Kurgal, Aul.
- Every non-purchase Hideout obtained.
- Almost all crafts unlocked. 7 remaining veiled. (So far. Still working on those...)

I'll probably work on hideouts, help push some guildies up to level 100 or 40/40 for the rest of the league. If anyone here needs a carry and I'm on, hit me up.

I'm running the crit vaal arc variant. My gear in case anyone cares:
Spoiler

Jewels, cluster and regular:
Spoiler

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/5MH4GBLE

Congratulations. Thats alot achieved right there!

"
I got a Watcher's Eye now but it's kinda different from what you said I need.

You should check carefully with your own build in PoB. There are several good options to boost dps in an EK build:

Phys > Extra Lightning / Wrath
Cold Pen / Hatred
Crits penetrate ele res / Zealotry

Compare dps in your PoB vs cost. Also whether you can get a second mod at a good price.

Or you can find a WE with two of those three, but it will probably cost you 20 ex for a 5-10% damage boost over one of them. (That's min maxing for you.)

On support gems, you really should test those in your own build as well. Both in PoB, and in play if it's not just a straight dps issue. It's always good to know what has worked for other people. Just remember that their build is not your build, and their play style may be different from yours.
Last edited by GreyLensman on May 28, 2020, 7:37:35 AM
Are the physical to cold hatred WE worthless?
I am new to poe and this is my first league. It makes a lot of fun to play but I think there could be some tweeks in my build. Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/7WHCfHKH

I' thinking about getting rid of one Heraldry and get a Replenishing Presence instead for ES regeneration (is it worth it? Or are there better ones?)

Also I want to upgrade the Medium Clusters to 4/5 passives, so I can gain a jewel socket per level now (and gain one instantly). I think life + ES will be best?

With more jewels I can get rid of the strength node

The Bottled Faith is recommended, but increases the dps by "only" 200k for 13ex - is it really worth it or should it be the last upgrade?

I'm running now out of currency, so I need some advise there to improve first.
I'm looking forward to your comments :)
"
YEASTAD wrote:
I am new to poe and this is my first league. It makes a lot of fun to play but I think there could be some tweeks in my build. Here is my POB:

https://pastebin.com/7WHCfHKH

I' thinking about getting rid of one Heraldry and get a Replenishing Presence instead for ES regeneration (is it worth it? Or are there better ones?)

Also I want to upgrade the Medium Clusters to 4/5 passives, so I can gain a jewel socket per level now (and gain one instantly). I think life + ES will be best?

With more jewels I can get rid of the strength node

The Bottled Faith is recommended, but increases the dps by "only" 200k for 13ex - is it really worth it or should it be the last upgrade?

I'm running now out of currency, so I need some advise there to improve first.
I'm looking forward to your comments :)

if you are using energy leech support then you are wasting 3 skill points to go to Ghost Reaver.

you can also dump energy leech support by using a small cluster jewel with Conservation of Energy passive which gives energy leech (I did that) with some good boni on small passive skills.

In its stead use awakened added lightning support.

Try to optimize your build using all your available jewel sockets. It is of course currency investment but the returns are much greater than using those skill points in the tree.

freeing up some extra skill points by replacing 6 passive cluster jewels with 4/5 passive is a good idea as well. you got some expensive jewels already (5 passive voices and unnatural instinct) for which you could improve your build quite significantly.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on May 28, 2020, 10:05:34 AM
"
cooLbreeeze wrote:

You should test in your own PoB, but in my EK 2 x CotB build:

Extra lightning/Wrath = Cold Pen/Hatred > Crit ele pen/Zealotry > phys to cold/Hatred

Bolded ones are much cheaper (50c vs ~3 ex) with a random second mod. Combing two of the above will run more like 20 ex.

But like I said, test your own PoB to be sure.
Last edited by GreyLensman on May 28, 2020, 12:28:02 PM
"
GreyLensman wrote:
"
cooLbreeeze wrote:

Extra lightning/Wrath = Cold Pen/Hatred > Crit ele pen/Zealotry > phys to cold/Hatred

Bolded ones are much cheaper (50c vs ~3 ex) with a random second mod. Combing two of the above will run more like 20 ex.

I bought exactly that one a week ago after comparing WE and the damage in POB and the prices.. The extra light, crit ele penetration was much cheaper and gave me a lot more damage than other combinations..

Just silly that some people seem to insist and advise people that you MUST have coverted phys->lightning WE. Really depends a lot on people should check it first. Also I'm getting a bit tired of people suggesting players that have little currency to get 10+ ex upgrades or worse. Like just get an awakened this, awakened that.. yeah right. Not even reachable for most players to get even one.
Last edited by Zweetsok on May 28, 2020, 1:58:53 PM
"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
GreyLensman wrote:
"
cooLbreeeze wrote:

I bought exactly that one a week ago after comparing WE and the damage in POB and the prices.. The extra light, crit ele penetration was much cheaper and gave me a lot more damage than other combinations..

Just silly that some people seem to insist and advise people that you MUST have coverted phys->lightning WE. Really depends a lot on people should check it first. Also I'm getting a bit tired of people suggesting players that have little currency to get 10+ ex upgrades or worse. Like just get an awakened this, awakened that.. yeah right. Not even reachable for most players to get even one.

I mean, you are playing a herald build where the baseline is pretty high to begin with. I started on a 30ex budget but with constant upgrades, have a fairly high ex invested in it. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to suggest 6-10ex upgrades especially when 1% mana reserve jewel nets you 6-12ex profit and 5 simulacrums = 4 ex profit. it's not hard to make money, especially on a champ capable of 40-50 splinters on T14 ramparts/tropical island farming per map on just alchemy maps without chisels. Running 6-8 maps nets you 300 splinters or .8 ex. Every Sirus rotation should give you 3-5ex easy even if Sirus drops nothing most of the time.

To get back on topic:

Considering few upgrades next:
1. Helm enchant - arc chain
2. Bottled Faith
3. Neck crafting - to get more ES, although 4-5 ex to lock suffix and remove prefixes seems costs prohibitive until i get other upgrades first.
4. ??? Suggestions?
5. Better Watcher's Eye? still unsure if I want to give up phasing while affected by haste mod.
Any recommended gear swaps if we want to go with a fire spell? I was looking at trying out a CwC skill with Cyclone so wands are out for that. It may have already been discussed so I'm going through the thread, but it's a lot of pages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info