[3.10] HOWA Anyskill Split Personality Juggernaut - Beyond expectation! (3000 INT, 13000 ES)

Accumulated 60 ex, thought I would collect this build, and then counted all the jewels...)
✽)/╰(°ㅂ° )╯\(❋
"
angry_kiwi wrote:
Accumulated 60 ex, thought I would collect this build, and then counted all the jewels...)

I'd say with 60 ex you can comfortably build this without having to compromise too much on anything. int/es jewels seem nice but compared to int/dex you trade attack speed with each one you put in (and attack speed really makes the build *feel* really good).
ign: Shacony
"
angry_kiwi wrote:

It's not even necessary to have all INT/ES jewels (I'm running 4 of them right now). You can even get by without any. 60 ex is more than enough for this build to take care of anything in the endgame.
"
Shacony wrote:
"
angry_kiwi wrote:

I'd say with 60 ex you can comfortably build this without having to compromise too much on anything. int/es jewels seem nice but compared to int/dex you trade attack speed with each one you put in (and attack speed really makes the build *feel* really good).

Feel this'll be slightly offtop question, but still:
What's the most reliable way to get some currency using this specific build? Since it's my first league I know there's a lot of ways, but I guess our HOWA guy is not a good delver for example, not a blight farmer either. Bossing and sim runs seems good options.

I dunno, what you guys do?
"
RockyScream wrote:
Feel this'll be slightly offtop question, but still:
What's the most reliable way to get some currency using this specific build? Since it's my first league I know there's a lot of ways, but I guess our HOWA guy is not a good delver for example, not a blight farmer either. Bossing and sim runs seems good options.

I dunno, what you guys do?

I'm rather new too, didn't play for years before this league. As to what I do, I just do everything basically. Atm I spam sim runs, before I did maps and build my atlas. Imo basically everything in this game is profitable as long as you just do it. Don't burn yourself out grinding one single thing I'd say. Also juiced maps are quite easy with this build, 100% delirium with scarabs and prophecies etc. which is very profitable too.
ign: Shacony
Last edited by Shacony on Apr 14, 2020, 4:38:18 PM
The build works well on <10ex budget. Obviously not as well as a 20ex, 30ex or 100ex budget, but that's a great sign in that you'll at least have something to min/max towards once you get the basics down.

It's passive point intensive. It needs to be at least level 80 and preferably 90 to shine... but not especially gear or cost intensive until you get into min maxing, at which point you're already capable of doing all the end game content (if with a little more challenge and more necessity to dodge with Whirling Blades and keep fortify up).

You could easily roll into red maps at 80ish with:

- Two high attribute roll HOWA: From 4c for both
- Fen's Boots with a decent ES on hit roll: From 10c
- Cyclopean Coil with %attribute roll: From 20c
- Shaper's Touch: From 2c
- 6link Incandescent Heart: 2ex (5 link might be manageable at red maps, but I've not tested it so caveat if you intend to try. I'd imagine it might feel a little clunky with the lower damage)
- 2 Lightning Damage Large Cluster Jewels (3 if you're higher level) with 2 jewel passives and 3 notables (1 of which should be Supercharge): Prices vary wildly here as so many missprices every day. I'd say 100c a decent spot to balance waiting vs getting the one you want (Widespread Destruction seems to be the highest priority of the rolls meaning it'll be furthest away from the starting point, from what I've seen, so if you have that the other two notables will be the ones you get)
(Personally I'd prioritise Storm Drinker if you can, the pen is huge. Prismatic is great if you want an easier time sorting your res out.)
- Wildfire: 1c (worth going straight for a Corrupted Blood version at around 20c-ish last I looked, you'll want it eventually)
- +7 Splits: How many depends on level. Int anything is fine. Dex is very reasonably priced at 30c-ish, and very possible to pick them up lower than that. Int/Str and Int/ES nice to have, but far from essential.

- Helm, rings and ammy: Have Aspect of the Spider on one piece of gear, or an open suffix to beastcraft it for 20c. Then just need to max out res. Even better if you can grab %int, flat int, other attributes, ele damage, lightning damage, or any other helpful stats... but only requirement is to hit max res and you'd be fine to go mapping.

This will get you to 5-7k ES, 1-2k Int, 0.5k-1k Dex depending on your level all for well less than 10ex and within touch of doing all of the endgame content. A couple of small upgrades (an off meta Watcher's Eye 3ex up to the meta at 16-20ex, Awakened Ancestral Call 2-3ex, +2 helm around 2ex.... pick any one or two to start) and you'll be breezing through 20/20 (Kosis can one shot with nasty mods... but he can do that to a lot of folk) and all the bosses.

The caveat is you need to optimise your tree as you go. You can't just mindlessly pick the next node just as it's on the final tree. Tweaking it as you go, investing a few regrets to do so, makes a big difference.

I'd also advise not aiming for the facetank playstyle you'll see in some of the vids at <7k ES. :P

The skill works really well with whirling blades. Spend some time getting used to when to whirl with your MS engaged, when to let off your MS so you can reposition away from mobs, the timings to achieve the difference between those two, the rough timings to avoid most telegraphed big hits (you can't see Sim mobs, so getting into the habit of repositioning preemptively and keeping your fortify up is good for muscle memory. You can facetank an awful lot of the game, but it's worth practicing not doing it so that you don't rip the odd time you can't. The skills used to help avoid it are the same ones that help improve clear speed and zipping through Delirium maps (Whirling Blades with a Dex decked out character is incredibly fast), so helpful to learn.
(That sounds very skill intensive. It's not. Just practice mashing space, or whatever your movement skill is bound to, both with and without MS held down. Lots.)
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Apr 14, 2020, 7:24:56 PM
How much ES do you gain from the int/es jewels?

I've got none, cause i can't afford any yet but I'm at around 5.5k ES without much room to go up unless i get a %int amulet/helmet or int/es jewels.

Which one would be prioritised? Currently at 1900int
"
BunkeredBog wrote:
How much ES do you gain from the int/es jewels?

I've got none, cause i can't afford any yet but I'm at around 5.5k ES without much room to go up unless i get a %int amulet/helmet or int/es jewels.

Which one would be prioritised? Currently at 1900int

You can check POB for exact values - but for me personally they add 900-1000 es per jewel.
I hit lvl 99 today!

Just wanted to share my gear and stats so far

I do facetank Sirus a8 with ease
In terms of room for improvement, i think getting a helm with +50 int, 10% int, and +2 ms proj would be nice. I am missing flat int on mine
My amulet is also missing % attr. Pretty happy with the rest of my gear
I have all int/es split personalities, except for one that's int/str for cyclopean balance.
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:

The skill works really well with whirling blades. Spend some time getting used to when to whirl with your MS engaged, when to let off your MS so you can reposition away from mobs, the timings to achieve the difference between those two, the rough timings to avoid most telegraphed big hits (you can't see Sim mobs, so getting into the habit of repositioning preemptively and keeping your fortify up is good for muscle memory. You can facetank an awful lot of the game, but it's worth practicing not doing it so that you don't rip the odd time you can't. The skills used to help avoid it are the same ones that help improve clear speed and zipping through Delirium maps (Whirling Blades with a Dex decked out character is incredibly fast), so helpful to learn.
(That sounds very skill intensive. It's not. Just practice mashing space, or whatever your movement skill is bound to, both with and without MS held down. Lots.)

THIS.
At OP post it says this is not a zoom-zoom character, sometimes I doubt it, especially when I manage to whirl across the full map and kill the boss before delirium timer runs off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info