[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Aaaaaand I tried to craft an armour...

I had a 6 link white astral plate with Mana rec, spell crit, MOM, Life and a blocked suffix. And an open prefix. I had 95% chance to not brick, 85% chance to get a useful or easy to remove mod, 64% chance to get increased % mana. Of course, I got you and your minions take 100% reduced reflected damage. Bricked.

And of course, the annul, that could have targeted ANY mod but mana rec, targeted mana rec. So all in all, I was in the top 1% unlucky.

I am a little bit dispirited now and a little bit ruined too (lost around 25 ex...)... And they say Harvest is far too deterministic ? Lol.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Mar 31, 2021, 10:35:04 AM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Aaaaaand I tried to craft an armour...

I had a 6 link white astral plate with Mana rec, spell crit, MOM, Life and a blocked suffix. And an open prefix. I had 95% chance to not brick, 85% chance to get a useful or easy to remove mod, 64% chance to get increased % mana. Of course, I got you and your minions take 100% reduced reflected damage. Bricked.

And of course, the annul, that could have targeted ANY mod but mana rec, targeted mana rec. So all in all, I was in the top 1% unlucky.

I am a little bit dispirited now and a little bit ruined too (lost around 25 ex...)... And they say Harvest is far too deterministic ? Lol.

This was not me being unlucky but just my brain that stopped working for a moment.
I had a armor with the following that I was trying to craft into an amazing armor for the build. My goal was one more useful suffix infl mod and then augmenting spell crit onto it.
P: Elevated MoM
P: Elevated +1 level/10%qual of Active Skill Gems
P: Elevated +1 level/10%qual of Support Skill Gems
S: Elevated Increased Aura Effect
S: blank
S: blank
I accidentally forgot to add a benchcraft suffix to protect my prefixes and bricked the whole armor as a result, enough bricked that I had to try and fix it and ended up imprinting it back to magic for re-awakener orbing. Quad elevated which was avg 670 ex to remake down the drain in 5 minutes haha!
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 31, 2021, 11:50:24 AM
I feel ya. Me at my low level, you at yours. :)

Well, I still feel bitter after two hours of doing something else. This armour was cool. At least, it wasn't an mistake I did (I think I would have felt worse, must not have been a happy moment for you).
Yeah it did feel real bad, and it did make me quit the league. And yeah if it was just bad luck I would have accepted it as merely a part of crafting, but this was just so unnecessary :)

Though once I had finished it I would have quit either way as it was my final goal for the league, but I was so happy with my current progress and it feels really bad to not be able to complete it.
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 31, 2021, 12:12:30 PM
Oh you quit the league after that ? What prefix did you have in mind ? Apart from blind, your present body armour seems pretty strong. As in not much room to improve, apart from elevated mods. Would +1 socketed gems have given you something more than frenzy charges ?
Hello guys, i´m thinking about league starting with this build next league, but i have a few concerns:

-Have any of you league started with this? I´ve played this build in Heist as an ascendant and had a blast with it, but it was my second charater and I already had a 6l Pledge, Replica Kaom´s and Atziri´s foible to start, so everything was a breeze.

-My second concern is the mana regen early on. When i played the ascendant version all the mana regen problems were solved with just a Forebodding Mana flask. As a hiero you don´t rely on spamming a flask few times per second (big QoL) but the mana regen will be probably harder to manage with potato gear.

What do you guys think? / How was your experience league starting with this build?
"
MrWay wrote:
Hello guys, i´m thinking about league starting with this build next league, but i have a few concerns:

-Have any of you league started with this? I´ve played this build in Heist as an ascendant and had a blast with it, but it was my second charater and I already had a 6l Pledge, Replica Kaom´s and Atziri´s foible to start, so everything was a breeze.

-My second concern is the mana regen early on. When i played the ascendant version all the mana regen problems were solved with just a Forebodding Mana flask. As a hiero you don´t rely on spamming a flask few times per second (big QoL) but the mana regen will be probably harder to manage with potato gear.

What do you guys think? / How was your experience league starting with this build?

I didn't play this version but I've league started Archmage 2 times now (Arc and then BL). Probably one of my favorite builds to league start with how much it grows early on with moderate investment.

Something that's great with the build is that the need for high mana regen starts low and gets higher as you get better gear since it depends on your cast speed as well as getting the extra cost from pledge, so it isn't actually that bad to start out with. Can get T1 mana regen on 2 rare rings quite cheap and skip Essence Worm to begin with too if you feel it's a problem.

I think it's a great choice as long as you're not really bad at getting some currency early on, it reaches most of its early potential with the first 150-250 chaos or so is huge for the build and then the next insane boost coming from getting a 5L pledge until you can go 6L. The rest of the gear can just be mana life and resistances and you'll do great so it's quite cheap other than the Foible/Cloak/Pledge.

Basically I would say it's slightly more expensive than the other good starters but it reaches very high potential fast with a very high ceiling. Great for a general starter, maybe not great if you want to push day 1 bosses and need to just be out of the gate T16 ready like with a miner.
Last edited by Mbuh on Apr 11, 2021, 5:37:55 PM
"
MrWay wrote:

I started with this build, once you reach 28 lvl to use Archmage everything become ridiculously easy. If you have problems with early sustain, just put Tempered Mind in socket above Elemental Equilibrium, it's like having T1 mana recovery mod anywhere else. Pledge of Hands drop will be buffed this league (it won't be league-exclusive anymore), so you should be able to aquire 5L reasonably cheap.

And from that point you can made currency from bosskills and farming invitations.
I agree. With PoH being more accessible makes this a very interesting league starter. Also you can run with a reverb wand early on. Just curious as to how the Vaal Righteous Fire nerf will be dealt with. It was a big boost early on but as I invested more into the build, not as much. We've have some pretty ingenious forum posters here the last two season so I am excited to start with this build and not make the mistake of wasting a week on some experimental or theory crafted build. Great revenue generator for me.
Thanks for the answers guys, i´ll try to league start with this build. Still not sure about going Hiero or Scion tho. Scion it´s a bit harder to level but has his pros too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info