[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Thanks Skyler, would have tried that, but POB now takes both into account after a restart and reload of my character. I have some inconstancies like that with POB, dunno why, suppose I must have ticked something wrong last time. :)

Isanion, nice craft ! Again... :)

I was reading the way you crafted jewels again.

Let's say you have life / mana, crit multi for lightning and crit multi for elemental. You now have to roll for aug caster with Harvest. Are those tries weighted (is it more likely to get cast speed for instance) or are all results equal ?

Getting spell multi with remove/add caster is a 1 in 8 with there being 5 mods available, so lower chance than most of the other ones. Just keep in mind that you always need to get multi with elemental skills before spell multi since it's much harder to hit.
In the latest of "why the fuck did I do this".
Roughly 20 000-25 000 chance/scours or 120 exalts worth on a total of 63 Unset Rings made into Uniques with the Gilded Fossil implicit over a couple weeks in multiple sessions.

Finally on the 11th Essence Worm I got my first corrupt implicit replacing the Gilded Fossil implicit and luckily it ended up being even a somewhat useful one. Result of it being 1.5% dps increase thanks to the 6 dexterity letting me lvl up Sniper's Mark from lvl 18 to 20 as well as a few points of mana from % intelligence.

The minmax continues.
:). There's not gonna be a lot of rings like this one ! I love the DPS increase due to the 6 dex.

I've beaten Sirus A8 (yes, we're not playing on the same level), which I had done only with one character before. Got an awakener's orb, yeah ! Will probably try A9 soon. But Maven... I really hesitate. She killed me before and at 3.5 ex the pop, urgh...
This build is very nice. I invested in it and its working like a charm :)

https://pastebin.com/DKvXsuSq

Any tips as to what to upgrade next? I mean the dps is so good i dont really need more. Not sure how to upgrade survability besides adding more mana into the build. I rarely die but it happends sometimes. Would be nice to make the build tankier.
Hi Paserek. I'd say mana recovery on belt could be a nice addition. DPS wise, can't seem to find fire damage on your toon (I've not looked in POB though), so you might be missing cinderswallow bonus (your abyssal jewel is not that great and could be improved). But that aside, your gear is really strong (your jewels for instance).
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Hi Paserek. I'd say mana recovery on belt could be a nice addition. DPS wise, can't seem to find fire damage on your toon (I've not looked in POB though), so you might be missing cinderswallow bonus (your abyssal jewel is not that great and could be improved). But that aside, your gear is really strong (your jewels for instance).

Hmmm how could i have missed that fire dmg. I've swapped that abyss jewel for similar one but with fire (still tight on budget so couldnt afford a good one but its good enough). Alot of dps gained.

I checked @Isanion current build and found out he switched gems a little bit (lightning warp instead of flame dash - kind of ignoring movement speed and using warps instead for quick map clear). Because of that change 1 flask spot was available (no movement flask needed). Isanion added wise oak for more dps and resistances. I decided to use Rumi's concoction granite flask instead - more tankines and mana regen thanks to Mystic Bulwark. Had to remove Cast on damage tho but I didnt feel it was that usefull.

Overall more dps thanks to fire dmg + tankiness because of Rumi flask :)
"
paserek wrote:

Hmmm how could i have missed that fire dmg. I've swapped that abyss jewel for similar one but with fire (still tight on budget so couldnt afford a good one but its good enough). Alot of dps gained.

I checked @Isanion current build and found out he switched gems a little bit (lightning warp instead of flame dash - kind of ignoring movement speed and using warps instead for quick map clear). Because of that change 1 flask spot was available (no movement flask needed). Isanion added wise oak for more dps and resistances. I decided to use Rumi's concoction granite flask instead - more tankines and mana regen thanks to Mystic Bulwark. Had to remove Cast on damage tho but I didnt feel it was that usefull.

Overall more dps thanks to fire dmg + tankiness because of Rumi flask :)

Most of the time I still used Quicksilver Flask actually, Rumis or Wise Oak would be my 100% delirium or bossing set up basically but my gear is so good now that I basically just didn't bother switching anything out anymore. I'm done with the league now so that's why I just got Wise Oak on permanently right now.

Personally I like both a 4 linked Lightning Warp as well as a single Frostblink for mobility. Warp for general high speed movement across maps and Frostblink because it's the only movement skill in the game that you can use in the middle of spell echo meaning you will be able to react to anything when you need to.

Took a look at your PoB and I think you got way too little mana regen for it to be comfortable. Crafting a belt with Mana Recovery Rate like Pingou mentioned would be my nr 1 priority. As well as getting the 70% mana regen enchant on boots asap, you can get it in like 20 minutes yourself in lab.

If you want to be tankier one great option would be to get a consistent source of blind, one option would be a medium cluster with Evil Eye for 4 seconds of blind on hit since you curse them or a Brutal Restraint jewel with chance to blind on hit together with some other good mods. This would also let you skip dexterity on items if necessary.

I also went for Enigmatic Defence at one point together with Rumi's for even more block.
"

Most of the time I still used Quicksilver Flask actually, Rumis or Wise Oak would be my 100% delirium or bossing set up basically but my gear is so good now that I basically just didn't bother switching anything out anymore. I'm done with the league now so that's why I just got Wise Oak on permanently right now.

Personally I like both a 4 linked Lightning Warp as well as a single Frostblink for mobility. Warp for general high speed movement across maps and Frostblink because it's the only movement skill in the game that you can use in the middle of spell echo meaning you will be able to react to anything when you need to.

Took a look at your PoB and I think you got way too little mana regen for it to be comfortable. Crafting a belt with Mana Recovery Rate like Pingou mentioned would be my nr 1 priority. As well as getting the 70% mana regen enchant on boots asap, you can get it in like 20 minutes yourself in lab.

If you want to be tankier one great option would be to get a consistent source of blind, one option would be a medium cluster with Evil Eye for 4 seconds of blind on hit since you curse them or a Brutal Restraint jewel with chance to blind on hit together with some other good mods. This would also let you skip dexterity on items if necessary.

I also went for Enigmatic Defence at one point together with Rumi's for even more block.

I updated my build. Swapped ring for something better and added enchantment on boots. Now my abyss jewel can be replaced with something better.

Not sure about crafting belts. What is the process and cost to craft a good stygian vise belt?

My current build:
https://pastebin.com/RuFGXtvb
Last edited by paserek on Mar 30, 2021, 7:49:53 AM
Hi Paserek ! Isanion would be more knowledgeable about belts, but I tried with fossils (pristine and aetheric, tried also with prismatic in addition) on shaper influenced stygian, to get mana recovery, mana and life. Then harvest and bench whatever is needed.
"
paserek wrote:

I updated my build. Swapped ring for something better and added enchantment on boots. Now my abyss jewel can be replaced with something better.

Not sure about crafting belts. What is the process and cost to craft a good stygian vise belt?

My current build:
https://pastebin.com/RuFGXtvb

This is how I would make the belt I'm currently using depending on your needs for resistances and such. This is what I'm using:
Life
Mana
Incr% Flask Effect
Mana Recovery Rate
Spell Damage during Flask Effect
Cast Speed during Flask Effect

1. Buy ilvl 84+ shaper belt (just in case you want resist)
2. 5 life/mana catalysts
3. 35 lucent fossils avg for T1 mana + T1 Mana Recovery Rate
4. Open up both suffixes other than Mana Recovery Rate
5. Augment Caster and then 4 avg re/add Caster for T1 Spell Damage
6. Augment Caster for guaranteed T1 Cast Speed
7. Bench craft Life.
This belt would be somewhere around 15-20 ex to craft at most but would be missing a 3rd prefix.

The optimal belt would be going for natural Life roll obviously allowing you to craft either Increased Flask Effect or %dmg as the 3rd prefix.

If you want the perfect belt with all T1s you do:
1. Exactly the same as above then 11 re add life for T1 Life with full suffixes for about 50-60 ex with current prices.
Or:
2. You instead Pristine Fossil spam for T1 Life + T1 Mana (319 fossils avg), fill up 3rd prefix and Reforge keep Prefix avg 100 or so times until T1 Mana Recovery Rate and then fill up the remaining 2 suffixes with re add/aug caster as above.

Second alternative should be slightly cheaper (but takes much longer) if you want all T1s but not by all that much, first one is far cheaper if say you're happy with T2/T3 natural Life.

If you want resistances you just go for that instead of the caster step obviously.
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 31, 2021, 3:34:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info