[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
How do you calaculate real dps for Ball lightning ? (anyway you have around 20 times mine and I'm already not complaining too much, apart against Maven -I haven't beaten her yet)

Did you craft to get that rich ? Cause man, you're rich.

I use this tool for dps calculation, make a copy of the sheet and enter your own data according to PoB.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F09xf5o_khdU2c8cjSBlZ4Sf94Grv7hSWeNN-qEv_gA/edit?usp=sharing

Gut feeling says it's something like this for a breakdown on how I got my money
30% crafting
50% selling harvest crafts
20% farming/boss killing

Also that while my build is probably worth around 3 mirrors, I probably spent around maybe 1.5 mirrors crafting it. While yeah that is obviously an obscene amount of money too making sure you self craft everything will usually save you a lot of money.
I'm currently trying to work on jewels, we'll see what I can get. First, getting currency. Need more !
Well, in the end, the jewels remain 2 crit multi mods right now but I crafted those gloves for not so much ex (still a lot for me) and I'm pretty happy with them. Nexus would have been better, as I like a lot their implicit, but the bases to work with were very expansive. Much more than those gloves.

Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Mar 15, 2021, 8:56:04 PM
Isanion, I checked on your character to see if anything was new : congrats on your level 100 ! What a ride, your toon is now achieved !
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Isanion, I checked on your character to see if anything was new : congrats on your level 100 ! What a ride, your toon is now achieved !

Thanks ^^

I'm trying desperately to reach 1 billion dps without vaal RF right now as my goal so I'm not quite done yet. Need to achieve 8.5% dps somehow.

These are my current goals in terms of possible upgrades.
1. Preferably double corrupt Wrath Aura Effect and +1 to Curse applied on amulet.
2. Chanced orbing hundreds of Unset Rings to uniques with Gilded Fossil implicit to get Essence Worms to corrupt into hopefully Wrath Aura Effect or Fire dmg to spells to open up that slot on my Abyss Jewel for Cinderswallow.
3. Making another avg 8 copies of my Stygian Vise with Gilded Fossil implicit to corrupt.
4. Upgrade all Awakened gems to lvl 6/20 at least.
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 16, 2021, 2:20:30 AM
Thx alot for the guide and also a big thanks to isanion for his crafting advice, did A9 (ripped 3 times because iam terrible at his mechanics) but boss dmg is superb

next goal gear-wise should be culling-strike/unnerve gloves

Gear:

Spoiler
"
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:

Thanks ^^

I'm trying desperately to reach 1 billion dps without vaal RF right now as my goal so I'm not quite done yet. Need to achieve 8.5% dps somehow.

These are my current goals in terms of possible upgrades.
1. Preferably double corrupt Wrath Aura Effect and +1 to Curse applied on amulet.
2. Chanced orbing hundreds of Unset Rings to uniques with Gilded Fossil implicit to get Essence Worms to corrupt into hopefully Wrath Aura Effect or Fire dmg to spells to open up that slot on my Abyss Jewel for Cinderswallow.
3. Making another avg 8 copies of my Stygian Vise with Gilded Fossil implicit to corrupt.
4. Upgrade all Awakened gems to lvl 6/20 at least.

Sir you are insane :D

I suppose you could try to double corrupt (or simple corrupt) your body amour for % increased damage, but my my, who, sane of mind and spirit, would corrupt such a beauty ?

How do you make copies of your belt ? From scratch every time ?

Edit : improved slightly my gloves, removed chaos dot multi to get res.

Will probably not improve them further as it would cost me a loooot. All in all 16 ex to craft them, but I've probably been lucky.

Double Edit : was playing with POB and I am confused.

I have a supposedly efficient way to double curse but POB seems to imply one of the curses is actually detrimental to my DPS (??!!??). Could anyone tell me if there is a problem with following combination of gems in body armour ?

Storm Brand + Innervate + Awakend Hextouch (5) + Elemental Weakness (the problematic one) + Conductivity

Don't pay attention to Culling strike, it was slotted before I got my present gloves and I did not think about it.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Mar 16, 2021, 6:59:51 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:

Sir you are insane :D

I suppose you could try to double corrupt (or simple corrupt) your body amour for % increased damage, but my my, who, sane of mind and spirit, would corrupt such a beauty ?

How do you make copies of your belt ? From scratch every time ?

Edit : improved slightly my gloves, removed chaos dot multi to get res.

Will probably not improve them further as it would cost me a loooot. All in all 16 ex to craft them, but I've probably been lucky.

I have a supposedly efficient way to double curse but POB seems to imply one of the curses is actually detrimental to my DPS (??!!??). Could anyone tell me if there is a problem with following combination of gems in body armour ?

Storm Brand + Innervate + Awakend Hextouch (5) + Elemental Weakness (the problematic one) + Conductivity

Don't pay attention to Culling strike, it was slotted before I got my present gloves and I did not think about it.

Double corrupting my body armor for + to levels of gems would be basically the best upgrade I could ever do, but I don't have the balls for that I'm afraid.
And yes it would be making the belts from scratch every time, but they are somewhat affordable compared to the other gear pieces at about 25-30 ex if I give up on T1 life and settle for a little less.

Cant see anything wrong with your curse setup, should apply 2 curses for sure so dunno what's wrong there.

Just finished crafting and replaced Atziri's Foible instead of corrupting it, tinkered in PoB and came to the conclusion that this would be an insane replacement. Needing T1 dexterity was the issue.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:

Your PoB isn’t recognizing that your Awakened Hextouch is granting another curse. So you’ll need to manually edit one of your gear and add the additional curse line. When you’re adding/turning on Conductivity, it’s probably overwriting Ele Weakness.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Mar 17, 2021, 7:41:49 PM
Thanks Skyler, would have tried that, but POB now takes both into account after a restart and reload of my character. I have some inconstancies like that with POB, dunno why, suppose I must have ticked something wrong last time. :)

Isanion, nice craft ! Again... :)

I was reading the way you crafted jewels again.

Let's say you have life / mana, crit multi for lightning and crit multi for elemental. You now have to roll for aug caster with Harvest. Are those tries weighted (is it more likely to get cast speed for instance) or are all results equal ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info