[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Flaxiz wrote:
Guess I gotta let go of my habits. I just hate the mili-second flask is on cd and I get pummelled - and RF running with low-fr is kinda nasty.

This is kind of a hardcore mentality IMO. There's always a chance you're gonna get 1-shot by anything, no matter how much defense you stack, so the tiny chance that you take a big hit while not having flasks up, and being slightly under res was the thing that pushed you over the "breaking point" is so low that it's not gonna put a dent in your overall death count. Besides, most of the time in maps you're having 100% uptime on your flasks anyway.

Getting that much res is also a huge opportunity cost, and you're almost certainly giving up big damage mods on some of your items (or just straight up settling for worse ehp). To me that's not acceptable in SC, since offense is the best defense :)

As for RF, you can just not use it in ele weakness and -max maps. It's not like you need the extra damage while mapping anyway.
Last edited by LordMagix on Mar 7, 2021, 7:30:55 AM
"
LordMagix wrote:
"
Flaxiz wrote:
Guess I gotta let go of my habits. I just hate the mili-second flask is on cd and I get pummelled - and RF running with low-fr is kinda nasty.

This is kind of a hardcore mentality IMO. There's always a chance you're gonna get 1-shot by anything, no matter how much defense you stack, so the tiny chance that you take a big hit while not having flasks up, and being slightly under res was the thing that pushed you over the "breaking point" is so low that it's not gonna put a dent in your overall death count. Besides, most of the time in maps you're having 100% uptime on your flasks anyway.

Getting that much res is also a huge opportunity cost, and you're almost certainly giving up big damage mods on some of your items (or just straight up settling for worse ehp). To me that's not acceptable in SC, since offense is the best defense :)

As for RF, you can just not use it in ele weakness and -max maps. It's not like you need the extra damage while mapping anyway.

Ye, I guess I kinda do have a HC mentality - and it's probably cause I absolutely hate the exp loss on death - trying to reach 100 without doing rotas ^^ In my defence though - I haven't really sacrificed much on my gear for it - it's mainly a single node on the skill tree, where I run a small cluster with 3 instead of 2 passives.
Last edited by Flaxiz on Mar 7, 2021, 8:57:15 AM
So have a question about finishing off this helm.

Firstly, I can't see any way to reliably and at reasonable expense upgrade the mana roll. So I'm thinking I keep it as is.

The simplest thing to do here would be to just Add/Remove life until I get a T1 roll and stick with that. Probably the cheapest option and something I can do myself just slowly farming Harvests.

Now the only other upgrade I see is swapping out the Phys taken as lightning to % Mana. From what I can see the only good way to actually try for this would be:
- Remove Life, Remove crafted Res and Craft Suffixes can't be changed.
- Add/Remove influence until I hit %mana (seems to be 1/6 chance). Chance goes up to around 40% if I accept % increased elemental damage.
- Aug life, followed by Add/Remove life until I hit T1.

This seems quite expensive and frankly I'm not sure how big a benefit it actually is compared to the extra mitigation from the phys taken as lightning.

Any thoughts?

Also, looking to upgrade my boots to a tailwind set, but how do you deal with the lack of stun immunity? Do I need to try and find stun immunity as implicits on all my jewels?
Last edited by Chen93 on Mar 7, 2021, 10:13:50 AM
"
Flaxiz wrote:
"
"
Flaxiz wrote:
I have a general question for you guys - when you itemize for resistances in general - how do you account for elemental weakness in maps? do you in general have higher resistance than cap/do you swap items/do you rely on curse flask?

I just rely on flask. I wouldn't be able to stand looking at overcapped resistances haha

Any tips btw for crafting those jewels of yours? I assume a lot of remove non-crit/add crit harvest craft on top of increased maximum mana + crit modifier bases?

1. I start by getting Crit Multi with Elemental Skills through any means, chaos spam/reforge with crit mods in harvest or whatever. Making sure prefixes doesnt have caster mods and are full.
2. Re/Add caster until Crit Multi for Spells.
3. Reforge keep Suffix until i hit %mana
4. Re/Add Lightning until Crit Multi with Lightning Skills
Roughly 20-25 ex per jewel avg to craft.

If you don't feel the need to superminmax like I did with synthesized bases you can buy ones with fractured %mana instead and reforge with crit mods or something to get a better starting point for a way easier time.

Finally almost done with my jewels, had full kit of similar ones with %life that I sold and then had to recraft these from scratch to get the mana.
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 7, 2021, 10:23:55 AM
Really demoralizing time trying to craft. I managed to land multiplier on lightning skill, multiplier on elemental damage and increased maximum mana within 3ex budget. Spent 20 ex after trying to land the multiplier on spells, with no result - and I honestly think I am getting scammed hardcore through t4t as well by people using reroll mod values instead of remove/add caster, so that probably contributed to it. 80% of the time I land on the same mod I already have, but with changed values only. So fishy. Sad world that you need stream for an honest trade.
Last edited by Flaxiz on Mar 8, 2021, 3:28:43 PM
Isanion, your gear is crazy... You must have more than a mirror on your toon. How did you craft this ring ?
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Isanion, your gear is crazy... You must have more than a mirror on your toon. How did you craft this ring ?

My gear is probably at least 2 and maybe 3 mirrors at this point honestly but hard to say for some items.

This is how you would make the ring:
1. Spamming Crit Multi essences until it hit T1 Mana Regeneration Rate naturally
2. Reforge keeping Suffixes until it hit Mana
3. Re add life for flat life
4. Re/add caster for cast speed.
Disclaimer I skipped step 3 since I just happened to hit T3 mana and T1 life with the reforge itself. But above would be the real steps if you don't get lucky like that.

The ring isn't that bad to craft compared to most of my other stuff. Maybe 30-50 ex avg craft cost I would guess
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 9, 2021, 4:02:58 PM
Thanks for the input. Well, the amount needed is staggering (to me at least) but that's nice to understand how it works.

And yes, the more I look at it, the more your gear is crazy. Grats on achieving such a level of min maxing, this is really impressive.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Mar 9, 2021, 4:33:03 PM
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Thanks for the input. Well, the amount needed is staggering (to me at least) but that's nice to understand how it works.

And yes, the more I look at it, the more your gear is crazy. Grats on achieving such a level of min maxing, this is really impressive.

At 852m potential dps now without Vaal RF on, 1 118m dps with Vaal RF.
Don't think I'm ever going to play anything close to this again or go for this level of minmax. But I still got a few upgrades planned to squeeze out a bit more.
Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/sZMTUPda

Just took a short clip of dps checking against a 6 man Oshabi if anyone's interested in seeing what it can do at full potential. (excuse my lootfilter, sorry not sorry)
https://streamable.com/jibk6p
Last edited by Mbuh on Mar 9, 2021, 4:50:11 PM
How do you calaculate real dps for Ball lightning ? (anyway you have around 20 times mine and I'm already not complaining too much, apart against Maven -I haven't beaten her yet)

Did you craft to get that rich ? Cause man, you're rich.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info