[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

"
EcLiPzZz wrote:

Is chain really that noticeable if you are constantly casting Brand Recall on cooldown?

The difference is night and day. Effectively I like to think of chain as a huge aoe boost. I recall my 7 brands, they each shoot 3 beams, and each beam chains another 2 times. In a perfect scenario, this means you clear the pack 3x faster.

Not only does it clear faster, but it helps with fully clearing as well. Not sure about you guys, but I found without chain support, when I tried rushing through the map and brand recalling too fast, there would often be stragglers from the previous pack because reattachment was too slow or because there are issues with attachment range if your pack is too spread out. Chain helps you "increase" aoe because the chained beams reach farther than your attachment range can.

I'm saving up for awakened chain which gives you an extra chain. IMO it's the single most upgrade you can get for this build. Unfortunately, it costs 35ex :(

"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
"
EcLiPzZz wrote:

Is chain really that noticeable if you are constantly casting Brand Recall on cooldown?

The difference is night and day. Effectively I like to think of chain as a huge aoe boost. I recall my 7 brands, they each shoot 3 beams, and each beam chains another 2 times. In a perfect scenario, this means you clear the pack 3x faster.

Not only does it clear faster, but it helps with fully clearing as well. Not sure about you guys, but I found without chain support, when I tried rushing through the map and brand recalling too fast, there would often be stragglers from the previous pack because reattachment was too slow or because there are issues with attachment range if your pack is too spread out. Chain helps you "increase" aoe because the chained beams reach farther than your attachment range can.

I'm saving up for awakened chain which gives you an extra chain. IMO it's the single most upgrade you can get for this build. Unfortunately, it costs 35ex :(

Just got awakened chain and it does feel great, however i think im going to switch over to ll since i have about 150ex to spend and another build isn't really speaking out to me. Anyone with experience switching over to ll, or has tried ll stormbrand give me some insight on what i would gain defense/dps wise? Or give me a new build idea please haha
Last edited by Tramazings on Apr 12, 2020, 12:51:25 AM
Having huge problems with single targets / bosses... do I need to switch out the Chain Support for something else?
"
Tramazings wrote:

Just got awakened chain and it does feel great, however i think im going to switch over to ll since i have about 150ex to spend and another build isn't really speaking out to me. Anyone with experience switching over to ll, or has tried ll stormbrand give me some insight on what i would gain defense/dps wise? Or give me a new build idea please haha

you can take a look at poeninja for inspiration.

here's a guy with 40m dps
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Chicvnx/Sacomucho?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DStorm-Brand%26sort%3Ddps
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
"
Tramazings wrote:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Chicvnx/Sacomucho?i=0&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DStorm-Brand%26sort%3Ddps

Wow 42.5m that is some good inspiration lol thank you, cant even imagine my brands hitting for 4x more. Honestly though my build does all content easily, wondering if should try out herald build or anything else.
Hello!

First off thank you for making this build! I have made a character and mirrored it to this build and I am doing decent.

I though am wondering... do you have any plans on updating this guide further with new gear that is better?

Updating these forum builds is what sets apart a great build to a skin and bone guide that is just decent.

I am certain if you played this since March 20th you have made many many improvements to the build and for us nooby's in the crowd following a newly updated guide would quite honestly make all the difference in the world.

It would truly only take you a short while for a couple days to update a few things on here. Maybe even just add a tab and put "Best Gear For Build" and adding your new gear and updated talent tree.

Something to send us in the right direction so we can level up from decent to actually good.

Thank you again for creating this build and I pray you will spend a short time updating this so we have somewhere to go from here.

CHEERS! -Johnny Miller (Washington State)
-Johany Von Chronny
"
Hello!

I though am wondering... do you have any plans on updating this guide further with new gear that is better?

CHEERS! -Johnny Miller (Washington State)

I've not played this build (although thinking about it) ... and my advice to you would be to check out the website poe.ninja, and look at the "builds" section. You can select the class and skills used by other players (to get to high levels), and see what gear they are using. In a lot of cases it will be very expensive though (at level 95+ they've probably earned many exalts), but it gives you an idea of what to potentially aim for.
Hey all. Just getting to endgame on a new baby Hiero. I'm eyeing this MoM build or a low life Ivory Tower build. What are the advantages/disadvantages between the two styles? The only thing I've read so far is the low life version really wants you to have a Mana as extra ES Watchers Eye, and I don't think I'm ready to drop that kinda cash on one item to be effective.
"
Tramazings wrote:
"
Kiyoshi_Ito wrote:
"
Tramazings wrote:

Wow 42.5m that is some good inspiration lol thank you, cant even imagine my brands hitting for 4x more. Honestly though my build does all content easily, wondering if should try out herald build or anything else.

Whats the reason guy have blood magic with portal and clarity?
"
omglapizza wrote:
Hey all. Just getting to endgame on a new baby Hiero. I'm eyeing this MoM build or a low life Ivory Tower build. What are the advantages/disadvantages between the two styles? The only thing I've read so far is the low life version really wants you to have a Mana as extra ES Watchers Eye, and I don't think I'm ready to drop that kinda cash on one item to be effective.

If you don't have much currency to spend definetly try this build first, with not a lot of amount (less than 10 ex) you should be able to do T16 maps and have the stats that the guide tells you about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info