[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

Simulacrum 20 waves done pretty easy, 1 death on wave 20 but it was more to fps/lag spike. Trigger mod on weapon is quite handy here. Dont have time to cast here too much skills in place so I just zoom zoomed with shield charge/flame dash when mobs blocked me and pressing Arcane Cloak on cd.

Really this build is fuking amazing and its very cheap (Im still using ilvl 40! gloves that I grabbes somewhere in campaign while leveling) compared to other builds. Gonna league start it in next season if they wont break it somehow because its fast, have great damage and after getting used to this playstyle (zoom zoom, arcane cloak while holding all time brand recall button) its tanky.
Last edited by Asag on Apr 8, 2020, 5:08:21 PM
"
DanDannyDee wrote:
Can someone direct me to the sources of defense? i have all of the required items with only 3k-3.3k ES and 6k mana (still need last ascendancy and better rare items) but I don't see it pushing my ES/mana to 8-10k. Also my tree has not been optimized but its not defense that I'm missing I don't think.

Also, for the ascendancy.. Sanctuary of thought seems to be a large dps decrease for me in POB, but large ES bump. is the trade-off worth? I can easily get 2-3 more fevered minds but am trying to focus on surviving better now.

Also on .ninja, Arcane Blessing is at least twice as popular as Sanct of thought IIRC.

Thanks in advance!

You can definitely increase your gear to get more survivability and mana, i have 8k ehp and 9k mana. I put my pob up there a few posts before if you want to look. It may take some investment thought. Sanctuary of thought reduces mana cost, something we dont want. The little ES we gain from that is not worth
"
dangoth wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can give me feedback on my current build following this guide loosely. I am looking to see if I am missing something glaring.

When I try to mess with my damage calculation in PoB (I make sure to enable the right options in 'configuration'), sometimes I get weird results, such as replacing lightning pen gem for energy leech and selecting 'are you leeching energy shield' (which gives this build around 600k dps boost), but for me it doesn't change a thing. Wondering if anyone can make sense of that.

Likewise, when looking at 'total increased/total more' in the calc tab, it seems like the forum build only has a few nodes more, but it arrives at 700/1300 more, compared with my 500/400.

Also looking for suggestions on what to further improve gear-wise. I have a few ex I want to blow on this. As it stands, I have no trouble taking down high level conqs, but I want to work on my DPS and surv.

Character name is DanStormy on this profile.

Taking arcane capacity would definitely help your dps a lot if you are keeping up arcane surge indefinitely. I highly recommend getting a Life and onslaught/phasing abyss jewel for your stygian belt (which you can upgrade for more health/mana) they an be expensive though. My tree is a little different than the creator of this build because i went for more life without sacrificing damage. Unnatural instinct jewel next to pain attunement frees up vital skills points to throw into cluster jewels, which can give more life/mana/damage.
"
Tramazings wrote:
"
dangoth wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can give me feedback on my current build following this guide loosely. I am looking to see if I am missing something glaring.

When I try to mess with my damage calculation in PoB (I make sure to enable the right options in 'configuration'), sometimes I get weird results, such as replacing lightning pen gem for energy leech and selecting 'are you leeching energy shield' (which gives this build around 600k dps boost), but for me it doesn't change a thing. Wondering if anyone can make sense of that.

Likewise, when looking at 'total increased/total more' in the calc tab, it seems like the forum build only has a few nodes more, but it arrives at 700/1300 more, compared with my 500/400.

Also looking for suggestions on what to further improve gear-wise. I have a few ex I want to blow on this. As it stands, I have no trouble taking down high level conqs, but I want to work on my DPS and surv.

Taking arcane capacity would definitely help your dps a lot if you are keeping up arcane surge indefinitely. I highly recommend getting a Life and onslaught/phasing abyss jewel for your stygian belt (which you can upgrade for more health/mana) they an be expensive though. My tree is a little different than the creator of this build because i went for more life without sacrificing damage. Unnatural instinct jewel next to pain attunement frees up vital skills points to throw into cluster jewels, which can give more life/mana/damage.

Thanks! You mean Arcane Capacitor, right? I'll definitely look into it. Do you have any comments @ survivability? I feel kinda uncomfortable hovering around 3k life and 2k ES, even with 50% MoM and arcane cloak up whenever off CD.
Last edited by dangoth on Apr 9, 2020, 6:23:36 AM
"
dangoth wrote:
"
Tramazings wrote:
"
dangoth wrote:
Hi,

Thanks! You mean Arcane Capacitor, right? I'll definitely look into it. Do you have any comments @ survivability? I feel kinda uncomfortable hovering around 3k life and 2k ES, even with 50% MoM and arcane cloak up whenever off CD.

Yea that's what I mean.
https://pastebin.com/u4r3p6f4
Here's my pob. You can see the gear/points in the tree and the unnatural instinct that frees up points. Also i use enfeeble on my cwdt setup. Cinderswallow urn and atziri's promise can help keep your health pool up while you map and do damage/kill.

Also Voidzero I'd like to say thank you again, this build was amazing and it made getting 36/40 challenges this league easy!
Last edited by Tramazings on Apr 9, 2020, 1:45:16 PM
Thanks for guide, been using it making my char. My dps is pretty low atm, trying to figure out why. Lvl 86 atm, 480k total DPS says POB. Gear:

(Got the boots for 2 chaos lol, payed 50C for these, idk if 15% movement speed is better than 100+mana and health too):

E: Going to fight Sirus for first time ever soon, how good is it with this gear/around 500k dps? Or is there something i don't see to boost my DPS up?

I'm pretty poor atm, almost all my money are in this gear, maybe 1-2ex if I sell all my other stuff.
Last edited by LizardDi on Apr 9, 2020, 10:25:28 PM
"
Thanks for guide, been using it making my char. My dps is pretty low atm, trying to figure out why. Lvl 86 atm, 480k total DPS says POB. Gear:

(Got the boots for 2 chaos lol, payed 50C for these, idk if 15% movement speed is better than 100+mana and health too):

E: Going to fight Sirus for first time ever soon, how good is it with this gear/around 500k dps? Or is there something i don't see to boost my DPS up?

I'm pretty poor atm, almost all my money are in this gear, maybe 1-2ex if I sell all my other stuff.

Make sure in pob under configuration you have everything checked that applies. Are they shocked, frenzy or power charges, lightning resist penetration, etc.
I tried something a bit different for belt, helps with the one-shot crits:

Also IMHO arcane blessing is better because it straight up ignores ailments.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:
I tried something a bit different for belt, helps with the one-shot crits:

Also IMHO arcane blessing is better because it straight up ignores ailments.

But phasing/onslaught is kinda must have i think
"
Tramazings wrote:

Make sure in pob under configuration you have everything checked that applies. Are they shocked, frenzy or power charges, lightning resist penetration, etc.

you need to be careful with over-configuring pob.

- during a sirus fight, where are frenzy charges coming from?
- how is he being shocked? you arent shocking anything with just orb of storms and no innervate
- how are u at max es AND leeching es?
- why is there extra lightning penetration added in the configuration when it's all accounted for already from the spells/items/tree.
- etc.

also i highly recommend you guys to get 1 white socket to swap between chain support and conc effect. chain for mapping because conc effect feels awful and clears way slower on monsters that die right away regardless, its useful when you are constantly racing against that delirium timer, or fully clearing legions. only for uber elder or sirus I would swap to conc effect.
Last edited by Kiyoshi_Ito on Apr 10, 2020, 12:51:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info