[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

OK, I almost wrote my own build guide, but it is probably better and easier to just put a decently sized post in this guide since it's pretty damn close to what is going on here anyway.

Indigon + Archmage is broke as all hell and I don't think anybody realizes it yet.

The problem is basically that exponential mana cost + exponential mana cost = quickly unusable spells. But I have the cure!

Hierophant has Sanctuary of Thought which makes skills cost 50% LESS mana, which takes your 6l spell down from 600+ mana to ~300. And then just... start pulling gems out... Archmage + Indigon interacts so strongly together, it's like having 2 or 3 gem links by itself.

For your consideration, my gear:

And my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/t2YMFj3v

Defense-wise, I am currently sporting ~11k EHP + blind on everything near me with massive mana regen and the Indigon Life effect when using mana potions.

Storm Brand has a base cost of 294 mana, Blade Vortex has a base cost of 290, Firestorm has a base cost of 290.

Brand Recall refreshes Storm Brands duration near-infinitely. Blade Vortex and Firestorm are both supported by Unleash, so I get 4x spell casts when I click the button.

I don't know how much damage I do, but I'm killing 81+ Baran before he puts his first set of runes down, Drox before he summons his first set of flags, and I crushed A5 Sirus last night quite easily.

Sure, my Storm Brand doesn't hit as hard as the standard build here, but I am running 3 primary damage dealing spells, and together they are doing 2-3x as much damage.

This is the true Archmage build. And it's not even really optimized yet.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Mar 24, 2020, 11:47:11 AM
make a guide
Maybe someone asked previously, but how can this build generate endurance charges for Conviction of Power ascendancy?
"
mohikanpoe wrote:
Maybe someone asked previously, but how can this build generate endurance charges for Conviction of Power ascendancy?

Conviction of power has 15% chance to generate Power Charge, and also 25% chance to generate a endurance charge when you gain a power charge.... So....
"
silverlotoss wrote:
"
mohikanpoe wrote:

Conviction of power has 15% chance to generate Power Charge, and also 25% chance to generate a endurance charge when you gain a power charge.... So....

Ye, sorry my mistake. I believed 15% chance only for totem kill...
"
silverlotoss wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

Quite a bit less DPS on paper than OP, though OPs path of building had things like onslaught and frenzy charges turned on, without any obvious way of getting it.

I searched for the frenzy charge on the tree and couldn't find. Onslaught is in the abyss jewel on the stygian (OP said in his guide and IT IS in PoB as well, with a phasing jewel on the tree)

cold snap on cwdt will reliably give you frenzy charges, i'm always at 3 while mapping.
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
I think I've lost my mind.

Why is my Arcane Cloak during a map costing 0 mana at some times? There must be something that's doing this and I'm sooo confused :)
"
dolan_grey wrote:
"
silverlotoss wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:

Quite a bit less DPS on paper than OP, though OPs path of building had things like onslaught and frenzy charges turned on, without any obvious way of getting it.

I searched for the frenzy charge on the tree and couldn't find. Onslaught is in the abyss jewel on the stygian (OP said in his guide and IT IS in PoB as well, with a phasing jewel on the tree)

cold snap on cwdt will reliably give you frenzy charges, i'm always at 3 while mapping.

Oh yeah, I always forget that Cold Snap gives you frenzy if the mob die** in the area.
Last edited by silverlotoss on Mar 24, 2020, 2:15:33 PM
"
Boschmorden wrote:
I think I've lost my mind.

Why is my Arcane Cloak during a map costing 0 mana at some times? There must be something that's doing this and I'm sooo confused :)

Arcane Cloak mana cost is based on current available mana so if you have 0 mana because you used it on summoning brand the cost will be 0 or near 0.

I switched Summon Lightning Golem with Brand Recall. I hate resummoning golems because they die very often and I find myslef very often without golem at all especially on boss fights when Im to busy avoid mechanics than summoning this dude so he can die 2 seconds later.

Its also nice to have more control where you move your brands.
Last edited by Asag on Mar 24, 2020, 2:34:11 PM
"
JermStudDog wrote:
OK, I almost wrote my own build guide, but it is probably better and easier to just put a decently sized post in this guide since it's pretty damn close to what is going on here anyway.

Indigon + Archmage is broke as all hell and I don't think anybody realizes it yet.

The problem is basically that exponential mana cost + exponential mana cost = quickly unusable spells. But I have the cure!

Hierophant has Sanctuary of Thought which makes skills cost 50% LESS mana, which takes your 6l spell down from 600+ mana to ~300. And then just... start pulling gems out... Archmage + Indigon interacts so strongly together, it's like having 2 or 3 gem links by itself.

For your consideration, my gear:

And my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/t2YMFj3v

Defense-wise, I am currently sporting ~11k EHP + blind on everything near me with massive mana regen and the Indigon Life effect when using mana potions.

Storm Brand has a base cost of 294 mana, Blade Vortex has a base cost of 290, Firestorm has a base cost of 290.

Brand Recall refreshes Storm Brands duration near-infinitely. Blade Vortex and Firestorm are both supported by Unleash, so I get 4x spell casts when I click the button.

I don't know how much damage I do, but I'm killing 81+ Baran before he puts his first set of runes down, Drox before he summons his first set of flags, and I crushed A5 Sirus last night quite easily.

Sure, my Storm Brand doesn't hit as hard as the standard build here, but I am running 3 primary damage dealing spells, and together they are doing 2-3x as much damage.

This is the true Archmage build. And it's not even really optimized yet.

That sounds like a lot of different buttons to have to constantly be mashing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info