[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

Superb build, cleared everything with it so far. Only thing i struggle with is fking porcupines since no shatter xD but other than that its great, relaxing playstyle but never again doing t16 100% delirium map!!!!
Did my first sirus on SSF SC with this build (a4). Died 4 times because I haven't seen any vids and barely knew his mechanics. Build is pretty fun, huge damage, great map clear (especially with chain, but need white sockets to swap gems for tough bosses). Survivability is good too, 4600 hp + 1800 es + 5.4k mana with mom, arcane cloak etc, it's hard to die unless you'll missplay and jump into pack of porcupines :P The only one thing which I wish OP could add into main post, brand recall button can be held to maintain brands pretty much permanently without spamming recall button. idk maybe I'm stupid and it's easily for most people to figure it out, but I've tried to do it only on lvl 89 as well, and my life became so much easier. Killing bosses without this knowledge is very painful, as when I'm holding recall button I can pretty easily dodge things without any worries. That's it, gl to y'all :)

Last edited by Low_Flex on Mar 25, 2020, 12:17:41 PM
Some people say its awesome build that have great damage and good defence and some people say its getting too squishy in harder content.

Where is the truth? I love the playstyle so far while leveling and Im sure Im going to play it atleast till lvl 90 but not sure now if I wanna fuel much currency into it.
"
Asag wrote:
Some people say its awesome build that have great damage and good defence and some people say its getting too squishy in harder content.

Where is the truth? I love the playstyle so far while leveling and Im sure Im going to play it atleast till lvl 90 but not sure now if I wanna fuel much currency into it.

you can check my profile, I'm playing on SSF so all gear was obtained by myself without trade as well. the only one thing which can be expensive on trade league is 6l cloak, but it's not mandatory as well, good rare 6l or even 5l cloak will definitely do the job. what I can say about squishyness (if it's even the word XD) of this build - it can survive a lot of stuff, eHP is crazy plus you've arcane cloak which is awesome, but it still requires some mechanics from player, you can't survive certain things like porcupines with extra proj etc. so as soon as you're playing smart you'll be ok. I'm personally dying on t15-t16 maps with dangerous mods rarely, and those deaths are mostly missplays. as soon as you're killing mobs faster than they're killing you - you're fine, with archmage op dps you'll always be fine :D
"
Asag wrote:

Excellent question. You will notice leveling is a breeze with this character.

The build will start to be more squishy in the endgame, especially on harder rolled maps with 8 rippy mods (T16). Aside from the ehp the build does not have many defensive layers. There are some, but they are minimal mitigation of incoming damage.

That's where storm brand comes in: you cast the brands once per map usually. Brand recall with second wind will keep them up during most of your time in a map, giving you the time to dodge incoming damage.

If you don't want to, you don't have to spend a lot on this build. You can get a different 6l and grab Mind over Matter on the tree. The jewels will cost you a bit of chaos. The rest is mostly budget items. You can use an apeps rage wand as a budget potion instead of a rare wand.

Check my profile for my setup if you want.
Last edited by IVIax_Hit on Mar 25, 2020, 7:28:20 PM
Any thoughts on using manastorm as a shield? seems interesting, and i've seen some other builds use it.
Are any of the energy shield leech clusters worth going into? or is ES leech just bad?
What should i upgrade next, is there a good watcher eye mod for the build? i already have 2 spirited response and fevered mind

https://pastebin.com/dnRkgtBc

rate my setup, =)
What's about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Indigon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info