[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
QuantomO wrote:
Couple of questions if anyone can help:

1. I've switched out of PCoC/Orb of Storms etc and put Fortify/Shield charge in my boots. I keep seeing people mention RF, why do we use this? Not in the guide so wasn't sure if it was something people found to be useful (never used RF before).

2. Do I need arcane surge in my gloves if I have the on kill node in the tree?

3. Replacing Apep's Rage. I searched for wands with high +multi, 120+ mana and 80%+ spell crit... none seemed like a DPS upgrade from Apep's in POB. Am I not looking for the right stats?

(Just hit maps, so still early days in terms of progress. Seems stronk so far though).

1.) I'd suggest Culling Strike or Faster Attacks with Shield Charge too. You use Vaal RF as a DPS boost whenever you need it. It's a typical take on any spell build.

2.) Not necessarily, but if you're manually triggering Arcane Surge with Arcane Cloak it should give you a bigger bonus during its duration.

3.) As long as you have PoB configured correctly then it should be accurate. I think it will take at least 4 good mods plus a synergistic crafted mod to beat out Apep's DPS wise. At least that's the case in my scenario.

"
Nezla wrote:
Hi I just finished buying most of the recommended budget gear and got into a t10, the dps is good but I kept getting one shot doing delirium. Since I got skyforth I should go for Arcane Blessing instead of Sanctuary of thought right? Here's my pob: https://pastebin.com/fW62177A

Your ES is still pretty low. The guide is wrong in that respect. Skyforth and the choice between Sanctuary of Thought and Arcane Blessing are completely unrelated. If you need more ES, you go Sanctuary of Thought. The only thing that compensates for the loss of ES is the % mana as ES Watcher's Eye.
great build for mapping, went from level 65 to 75 super fast, but I cannot for the life of me get past the uber lab. The traps just chunk me down almost instantly.

EDIT: Got there... leveled to 80 and then took my time (30 minutes) to do Uber Lab
Last edited by hushfail on May 6, 2020, 6:57:28 PM
can someone guide as to which watchers eye mods are required?
"
QuantomO wrote:
"
Gomide83 wrote:
Thank you for share your build. Noob doubt. I'm struggling to fill the 109 strength requirement for the ivory tower. What did you do guys? From the passive, i'm following the guide but it doesn't see to be enough.

Thank u!!

It comes from the amulet - Atziri's Foible. I have 83 Str and can wear the Ivory Tower due to the amulets reduced att requirement % effect

OMG! Yep. I'm so dumping haha. Thanks a lot. It doesn't show in the item when you try to put on. I mean, if I'm wearing the amulet and look at the Ivory, it still shows the 109 str in red. It makes me confuse. For example, I'm sure I can level up some gems more. But probably it shows in red so I'm scared to level too much. Sorry if this doubt are to obvilios guys hahaha.

Thanks a lot.
Sorry if this is out of line or the wrong place to do it, but I'm selling my whole storm brand ll character off and I would love to just sell it in one go! If you are looking to do this build and would like gear that will take you to 9k ES, 10 mana, and 30mil dps, let me know. The build took me to 40 challenges easily and was a blast doing it, IF it doesn't get nerf-hammered it will be my starting build next league as well.

I min-maxed it as much as possible, some pieces of gear you wont find anything better. Can instant phase any boss, al 8 sirus, uber elder, cortex, and hardly ever died (only in t19 triple beyond maps). If you are interested let me know, through either a message or in-game message. Haven't set any kind of price yet but the gear together is worth over 200ex without even pricing each item, which i will begin doing. Will give a discount to someone from this forum and of course selling it all in bulk, which would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Tramazings on May 7, 2020, 1:10:57 AM
This is one of the most fun builds I have played in poe - still missing a Watcher's Eye and Bottled Faith but have done all content deathless and I don't think I am very good at the game. I think most people should probably go Unnatural Instinct as their first expensive upgrade as it allows a little more skill gem flexibility and the frenzy charges make mapping a whole lot smoother.

I don't really know how to flip all the right switches in PoB to calculate my DPS properly, but I have 6.3k ES, 9k mana, and here is a deathless A8 Sirus kill : https://youtu.be/aDEaDRM4HB0

My pastebin if anyone is interested : https://pastebin.com/9Frg3BEw

And my gear :

Last edited by AcidBoost on May 7, 2020, 2:57:26 AM
Hey i did exactly this build with every item the same and every pasive point the same But i cant activate one of my auras becouse it requires 38% life and i dont have enough..help?
"
Qintz wrote:
Hey i did exactly this build with every item the same and every pasive point the same But i cant activate one of my auras becouse it requires 38% life and i dont have enough..help?

Which aura are you trying to activate ?

You can try use this https://poe.mikelat.com/
Holy crap this post sure blew up. Sorry for not being as active but quarantine and work stuff got in the way a lot.
Did an update on the guide to hopefully make it more clear that you should have Skyforth and a Watchers eye with ES before dropping sanctuary of thought.
A lot of people seem to have been greatly enjoying the build which is pretty amazing in my book. I'm expecting Archmage to be nerfed into oblivion next league but if, against all odds, it stays viable I'll update the build once patchnotes hit.
Been playing the build for a little while now, got it pretty minmaxed.

Initially I was full glass cannon but have shifted to a slightly tankier variant, with a bit more block chance.

On around 12m Shaper DPS per brand with no flasks or buffs, only Power Charges from Skyforths. Fully buffed it's around 42m total DPS.

I have 7.8k ES and high block chance with Rumi's and Lethal Pride Jewel, I could spec tankier but it's a nice balance right now.

I'm always looking for improvements so if anyone has any ideas let me know!

POB: https://pastebin.com/5PfCWCNs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info