[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

That's definitely incorrect as the higher level will take priority over the lower level Arcane Surge.

My normal idle tooltip average hit is 548k. Hitting a mob with Storm Brand in Blood Aqueducts brought it up to about 650k. Forcing my linked Arcane Surge 20/23 with Tempest Shield brings it up to 755k.
Just tested it again to confirm.

Taking off Skyforths and Unnatural Instinct so not to proc power charges, and wrath off due to mana res.

When you cast your acrane surge linked arcane cloak it does show the higher dps, as soon as you hit a mob, it drops to the lower ascendancy version.

Normal Idle : 168k
Arcane Cloak with 20/23 Arcane Surge from full mana : 233k
Arcane Cloak with 20/23 Arcane Surge from full mana then hitting a mob : 221k
Arcane Cloak with 1 Arcane Surge from full mana then hitting a mob : 221k
Arcane Cloak without Arcane Surge from full mana then hitting a mob : 221k

Last edited by skarpa on May 4, 2020, 3:30:14 PM
"
skarpa wrote:

Taking off Skyforths and Unnatural Instinct so not to proc power charges, and wrath off due to mana res.

When you cast your acrane surge linked arcane cloak it does show the higher dps, as soon as you hit a mob, it drops to the lower ascendancy version.

I'll test similarly too in a bit. If so then this is unfortunate and maybe a bug report should be posted. For curses and other buffs and effects the strongest version should take priority for its duration. If not a bug at least an explanation on why it doesn't ovverride the ascendancy Arcane Surge would be nice too.
"
Sarjin wrote:
"
Seksiy wrote:
This character has been my furthest progression on poe ever. Thanks for the great guide!
At what point should i drop sanctuary of thought? Can you take a quick look at my stuff and advice me what to focus next?

https://pastebin.com/WNa4VGzM

Some cheap improvements:
- Replace the Quartz Flask with a Diamond Flask (According to PoB, taking my Diamond flask out would cost me 20% of DPS).
- The phasing you get from the Quartz flask, you should get from your Abyss Jewel instead. Your current Abyss Jewel doesn't add much since you already get Onslaught from the Cinderswallow Urn.
- The Orb of Storms setup in your Skyforth is pointless; Skyforth already gives you Power Charges. Several ways to use the freed up slots. For example using a self casted and further boosted Arcane Cloak, or do a setup with Brand Recall + Empower + Second Wind + Vaal Righteous Fire for example.
- At first glance your weapon isn't the greatest, so look for a budget concious option to upgrade.

Assuming you don't have a Watcher's Eye yet, that's your next big upgrade. Most people drop Sanctuary of Thought when you have the Watcher's Eye to offset the loss of Energy Shield from switching to Arcane Blessing. (And some approach it in a bit more of a YOLO fashion)

Thanks for the reccomendations, i did all those and added shield charge+culling strike+faster attack+fortify instead of rf build hoping it'd save my life once in a while.

as for weapon, i am looking for a better one with 140+ mana and 100+ spell critical chance from market
Hi everyone i made my own version of this build but idk what im doing good or wrong xD can anyone help me with this maybe what im doing wrong what can i improve or maybe just tell me follow the build from this guide and stop being creative xD Here is my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/zMARTcxr

Thanks.
"
skarpa wrote:

So I tested again to see some results. No Skyforth and Unnatural Instinct.

Average hit in Blood Aqueduct idle: 406k
Average hit after hitting enemy with Arcane Blessing Arcane Surge: 491k
Average hit after spamming Tempest Shield with 20/23 Arcane Surge (maximizing Arcane Capacitor): 560k
Average hit after spamming Tempest Shield with 20/23 Arcane Surge then casting brand onto mob: 560k

It seems it stays for me. Perhaps your skill gem Arcane Surge drops off before you check the tooltip? I also have Increased Duration linked which keeps the proc up for 7.6 seconds. I would suggest not using Arcane Cloak to test because if your shield buff gets depleted then that damage from Arcane Cloak disappears too which can skew the numbers.
This has been discussed before in here several times. OP's answer was;

1) Yes and no. The perma arcane surge is hurtful, depending on how the exact interactions play out. There are conflicting reports on how arcane surge from Arcane blessing works, especially when bundled with the arcane capacitor notable. What I found through testing is, that when you link a not max level, in my case lvl15, arcane surge to your brand recall and make SURE you can trigger it reliably every 4 seconds to keep the buff up consistently, you will gain the HIGHER arcane surge buff. Have some sources for that here:
Forum post by csisyadam
forum post by Tykero
So while the surge is not optimal it should still trigger for the HIGHER surge if it is linked to flame dash/brand recall and you trigger them on cooldown.

You can see it in page 43 and later
Last edited by macabreix on May 5, 2020, 5:30:20 AM
hi, ty for the build, i am gearing up for this, does the weapon have to be wand/scepter, can it be a dagger?
Does it make sense to keep Sanctuary of Thought and also get 18% Watcher's Eye for maximum survivability?

I noticed that Ailments are never affecting me + as mentioned here, lvl1 Arcane Surge overwrites lvl20 one.

With this setup, I could easily get 12K+ maximum ES, which is perfect against Simulacrum and Delirium deaths from stupid random sh*t.
just curious how effective yall think this build is for, say, farming simulacrum with budget gear. ive been playing ice nova/fb and frustrated with the defenses and how slowly the build clears. dont have a ton of money to invest and would like to farm some end-ish game content

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info