[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Hi, really great build!
How to increase energy shield? Below I will show what I have.
I have 7800 ES and 9300mp

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/4Lp6X6e0

I'd remove Aqueous Accelerant and Arcane Vision and work towards the outer jewel socket near Chaos Inoculation. Try to work in a Large Cluster or two with Scintillating Idea and a small Cluster with Will Shaper to keep pushing mana pools which then translates to ES.

Utmost Intellect gives you more ES at the cost of damage. You have low ES and mana rolls on your Watcher's Eye. You don't have max % mana as ES on your helmet. Your amulet and one ring don't have quality. Your abyss jewel has 1 useful mod so you can try looking for one that has Phasing with ES and/or mana as well.

Not ES related but flip your gems for quality on supports for skills and drop the OoS PCoC setup since you already have Skyforth.

"
Benny9992 wrote:
heres my build 19 mil 2 brands attached dam all buffs up and potions https://pastebin.com/cHP9iuBK

You should change configuration to enemy is a Boss/Guardian or Sirus since that's where the damage metric matters more. You're at about 13mil 2 brands attached including frenzies, so less in a boss like Sirus that doesn't spawn adds.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Apr 27, 2020, 10:34:45 AM
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
Hi, really great build!

I'd remove Aqueous Accelerant and Arcane Vision and work towards the outer jewel socket near Chaos Inoculation. Try to work in a Large Cluster or two with Scintillating Idea and a small Cluster with Will Shaper to keep pushing mana pools which then translates to ES.

Utmost Intellect gives you more ES at the cost of damage. You have low ES and mana rolls on your Watcher's Eye. You don't have max % mana as ES on your helmet. Your amulet and one ring don't have quality. Your abyss jewel has 1 useful mod so you can try looking for one that has Phasing with ES and/or mana as well.

Not ES related but flip your gems for quality on supports for skills and drop the OoS PCoC setup since you already have Skyforth.

"
Benny9992 wrote:
heres my build 19 mil 2 brands attached dam all buffs up and potions https://pastebin.com/cHP9iuBK

You should change configuration to enemy is a Boss/Guardian or Sirus since that's where the damage metric matters more. You're at about 13mil 2 brands attached including frenzies, so less in a boss like Sirus that doesn't spawn adds.

Thank you very much, I will try!
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
Hi, really great build!

"
Benny9992 wrote:

Very helpful. Can you look at my post on the previous page and give some insights? I've got Skyforth aswell, what to replace OoS with?
"
Very helpful. Can you look at my post on the previous page and give some insights? I've got Skyforth aswell, what to replace OoS with?

Shield Charge Fortify setup is an option for replacing OoS PCoC. Your ES is low because usually you don't take Arcane Blessing on the Ascendancy without the % Mana as ES Watcher's Eye.

You can also read what I told the last 3 people about socket placement for Arcane Cloak, Brand Recall with Empower, etc etc. No enchant on boots, level gems in offhand for passive currency, no Vaal Discipline.

I never think Arcane Vision is worth the point, and if you can make up Strength on your jewelry you don't need to take a node on the tree. You have Int small passives going up to Throatseeker and Shaman's Dominion which is also just directionless pathing, and a small passive going to Heart of Flame; pick a route and follow it. I've also opted out of taking Unnatural Calm and Foresight in favor of large cluster jewels. Written in Blood I don't think is effective for taking the whole wheel, so moving passives towards a large cluster jewel seems to be most effective at least from my experience.

The large Cluster jewel is just so point efficient. You get two jewel sockets and nodes like Scintillating Idea for mana and penetration, Disorienting Display for blind and damage, etc are strong already and multipurpose. Then the jewel sockets let you squeeze in more Fevered Minds or medium jewels for Brand nodes or small jewels for more Scintillating Idea or Will Shaper.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"

Shield Charge Fortify setup is an option for replacing OoS PCoC. Your ES is low because usually you don't take Arcane Blessing on the Ascendancy without the % Mana as ES Watcher's Eye.

You can also read what I told the last 3 people about socket placement for Arcane Cloak, Brand Recall with Empower, etc etc. No enchant on boots, level gems in offhand for passive currency, no Vaal Discipline.

I never think Arcane Vision is worth the point, and if you can make up Strength on your jewelry you don't need to take a node on the tree. You have Int small passives going up to Throatseeker and Shaman's Dominion which is also just directionless pathing, and a small passive going to Heart of Flame; pick a route and follow it. I've also opted out of taking Unnatural Calm and Foresight in favor of large cluster jewels. Written in Blood I don't think is effective for taking the whole wheel, so moving passives towards a large cluster jewel seems to be most effective at least from my experience.

The large Cluster jewel is just so point efficient. You get two jewel sockets and nodes like Scintillating Idea for mana and penetration, Disorienting Display for blind and damage, etc are strong already and multipurpose. Then the jewel sockets let you squeeze in more Fevered Minds or medium jewels for Brand nodes or small jewels for more Scintillating Idea or Will Shaper.

Definitely agree cluster jewels for this build are very efficient and helpful, don't know where my build would be without it. I picked up gaining elusive on a small cluster jewel, and damn does it feel good for survivability and movement speed!

Just hit 40 challenges on this build, maxed it as much as i can, one of the strongest builds i've ever played, definitely damage wise.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"

Great tips, thanks a lot. I've worked on some passive changes. I transitioned from another build so I forgot some dead end paths, fixed them now. Bought a large cluster jewel and expanded that which works wonders. Also fixed my ascendancy so at 9k ES and 9k mana now which feels a lot safer.

I'll work on my gem setup tomorrow but for now I'm very satisfied with how it's going.

Thanks again!
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
snip

Thanks for the input, I feel like my setup's a lot smoother now but I'm really going to have to get used to manually casting Cloak when I need it.
Excellent build and awesome damage. I am having issues with survival. Dying every map. Might be my playstyle as my other character is HOA Glad and a face tanker. If someone can review my POB. It would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/fqVJ6C9u
Last edited by ankienz on Apr 28, 2020, 2:51:45 AM
Went pretty lucky with a WE drop from Elder:

Doesn't this scream Archmage Storm Brand very loud? I'm kinda done with the league, but on the other hand i dont need the currency from selling the jewel.

Still not sure about crit vs. non-crit. Most builds on POE Ninja are non crit though
"
ankienz wrote:
Excellent build and awesome damage. I am having issues with survival. Dying every map. Might be my playstyle as my other character is HOA Glad and a face tanker. If someone can review my POB. It would be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/fqVJ6C9u

You'll probably have to not facetank. You do have Arcane Cloak and Vaal Discipline to use as secondary shielding/sustain. Not sure about Lavianga's interaction with Arcane Cloak. Does it prevent make Arcane Cloak cost no mana? That can interfere with it's shielding. Regardless, it seems your damage is really low. Put Wave of Conviction in place of Tempest Shield on weapon and move Tempest Shield to manual cast in helmet in place of Precision. Precision doesn't do anything really unless you have the Watcher's Eye mod for crit multi. You seem to have Conc Effect twice in your Storm Brand links which is also hurting DPS.

Gearwise, you have no flexibility on flasks. Atziri's, Wise Oak, and Lavianga have no quality. Your POB showed a plain quicksilver. Your Cinderswallow has low roll for Energy Shield but I can understand not wanting to roll off the crit chance. You really need at least a Diamond flask to get Staunching, and I'd probably take a quicksilver with warding over Lavianga. Corrupting blood will definitely wreck you since this build needs to be mobile and kite packs as the brands do the work. Your glove corrupt is useless; Ele Weakness on hit, cast speed, spell crit are all solid corrupt options if you can replace it. Boots have no enchant. Getting more DPS from added lightning or ele pen for bossing or cold damage if hit recently can help for mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info