[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

here is a t16 100% run, the entire run takes like 6 minutes with my gear

https://youtu.be/dL-Ea6lgC9s
"
Laxxus wrote:
"
hypocraties wrote:
From what are we leeching ES on?

Illuminated Devotion Ascendancy gives ES Leech when Arcane Surge is up.
If you dont have a setup with basically 100% Arcane Surge uptime you should probably use Energy Leech support.

I have that ascendancy and i have arcane surge linked with flame dash+brand recall. Arcane surge is level 4 so procs every time i use flame dash.

Im not feeling the leech very much, perhaps its not enough leech?

Are there other ways of gaining more leech than energy leech support?
"
vaizard27 wrote:
"
TheAtrocity wrote:
Like your guide, it has helped me immensely. Got a question:

Taking Santuary of Thought gives - 50% mana cost, isn't that lowering archmage support damage? Like the post above, arcane blessing is much more popular, which is interesting because that means:

1) the perma arcane surge is irrelevant, it's lvl 1 and we can proc it permanently by linking it to brand recall anyways.

2) elemental ailment immunity is what the ascendency offers taking it (+1 open gem slot for maybe flame/dash)

3) Question is, is it more popular because it's better to pump mana cost to pump archmage support damage, but have it consume more mana, or is the qol + defenses worth the reduction in mana cost?

Your videos have you casting 3 brands at a time and each cast takes roughly 15% of your mana which is recovered quickly. That doesn't work if Arcane Blessing is picked. Not sure which route to go.

Alrighty, a bunch to unpack here and I'm probs gonna add them to the FAQ as well.

Regarding Sanctuary of thought itself:
As Laxxus said, it's picked for defense. In my current setup I do not use it anymore and my brands cost around 80% of my total mana. You should really only do this if you have Skyforths AND a %Mana as ES watchers eye as the effective life is very helpful.

Regarding the other questions:
1) Yes and no. The perma arcane surge is hurtful, depending on how the exact interactions play out. There are conflicting reports on how arcane surge from Arcane blessing works, especially when bundled with the arcane capacitor notable. What I found through testing is, that when you link a not max level, in my case lvl15, arcane surge to your brand recall and make SURE you can trigger it reliably every 4 seconds to keep the buff up consistently, you will gain the HIGHER arcane surge buff. Have some sources for that here:
Forum post by csisyadam
forum post by Tykero
So while the surge is not optimal it should still trigger for the HIGHER surge if it is linked to flame dash/brand recall and you trigger them on cooldown.

2) Absolutely correct, this frees up a ring/flask slot and allows you to go all out on mana scaling. The gem slot is debatable as described above.

3) It's more popular cause on poe.ninja you see mostly people with the most optimal gear you can get.

Hope that answers everything and sheds some light on the arcane surge mess.

Thanks much! Great work :)
Just wanted to chime in on my variation of this build as there is a lot of flexibility with builds this league which I love. With this gear I can do 100% delirium but I honestly think its more worthwhile for me to fly through juiced up t16 farming splinters and bases. Obviously my gear is very expensive and I have lost track of how many exalted I have poured into it. It tops out currently at 12.5m shaper dps.

Before I went double curse and dropped Energy Leech I even tried a super juiced corrupted t16 100% delirium with double beyond and was able to clear through most of it even though it was lagging like all hell and as you know once you die it can be hard to get your momentum back on this build

Here is my gear:

5x

I crafted my wand, belt and cerulean ring but it didn't turn out quite the way I wanted with the cold damage but its not bad. The sapphire ring dropped as is and I will possibly craft the prefixes and hope for the energy shield prefix but another cerulean would be better.

I swapped a perfect Foible for Astramentis which really solves the dex and str requirements that this build has difficulty with and allows for slightly more flexibility with gear. I noticed that using Astramentis was actually only a slight dps decrease and an energy shield increase (str = life = energy shield on top of int), especially with Utmost Intellect anoint that gives huge energy shield. Also Split Personality is really great in the Mind Drinker slot but I dropped it when I went double curse on hit.

I also think Energy Leech is not worth it as Cinderswallow offers insane sustain (which also makes Foible's mana regen worthless).

I toyed around with using:
I think these amazing items for enabling Rampage this league which offers even faster clear speeds. Null and Void is amazing for Simulacrum. I just swapped in another Fevered Mind into the Mind Drinker slot when I still pathed to it.

I'm really interested in hearing if there are any other ways that you think I can optimize it beyond what I currently have done so far. Definitely ask if you have questions but I don't have as deep of game knowledge as some of the others on here.

POB: https://pastebin.com/shKGnbT9
Last edited by Doublecross on Apr 9, 2020, 10:34:46 PM
"
MovieZo wrote:
"

I am also playing a version of this build and while I went slightly more defensive (Chaos res at +66%, linked CWDT with IC and have Arcane Cloak lvl up to 20 by itself, dropped illuminated devotion for conviction of power). I did not spend 35ex on my gear and can do Sirus AW8, All waves in Simulacrum and 100% delirium maps at T16. Currently sitting at 9.8k ES and 9.4k mana (no clarity watchers eye.)

I will put a disclaimer that I bought most of my gear early on and prices may have changed since I started the build (Bought Trash to Treasure for 7ex for the skyforth's) and got lucky with 6 linking my Ivory Tower with ~100 fuse.

My Gear:

I would REALLY like to see you farming 100% t16 in your gear. It would take you at least 15-20 minutes of time and you'll probly die not even once. I have 50% reduced extra damage from crits on my chest piece, 10100 ES, perma fortify, defensive enchant on my boots and still sometimes they break my skull like it is nothing. I can believe COMPLETING t16 100% map, but not FARMING it. This trash is really hard. If you can farm 80% t16 and think you can easily farm 100% it is absolutely wrong opinion. They require absolutely incredible DPS to "farm" them.

I never recorded videos but I will look into doing so, I just completed a T16 guardian map with 100%, 0 deaths and no it did not take me 15 mins to full clear. With that said this build can't facetank you need to dodge but for me that is easy with brands as you can flame dash in hit brand recall flame dash out pop flasks and arcane cloak and things die. If you are standing on top of things in 100% T16 then yes, you are going to die.

Just curious are you using VAAL Discipline? because it is a serious life saver when your life starts to drop. At the end of the day no the build can't facetank. As i said before, I am also using immortal call in CWDT instead of arcane cloak (I have that separate) this also makes a large difference. I also took Soul Thief instead of unnatural calm and dropped ghost reaver (ghost reaver halves your ES recharge). dropped illuminated devotion for conviction of power which allows me to generate endurance charges.
Last edited by bleedingxorange on Apr 9, 2020, 10:37:28 PM
What is the essential items? I just spent 11 ex 6 linking my Ivory Tower lol (console - only 6L was 20 ex).
Was Having trouble understanding the 40ex price tag for Clarity ES watchers. Help me understand, does dropping Sanctuary of thought for arcane blessing do the following:

- Massive Increase to DPS b/c the addtional 50% mana cost
- Perma Arcane Surge - Empower 4 can be slotted for recall/flame dash cooldown. Mostly QoL
- Zero ailments - unreal advantage for end game bosses. Can use warding flask/personal choice.

That's how I understand it. I just bought the the jewel but haven't tested yet.
"
tlambert01588 wrote:
Was Having trouble understanding the 40ex price tag for Clarity ES watchers. Help me understand, does dropping Sanctuary of thought for arcane blessing do the following:

- Massive Increase to DPS b/c the addtional 50% mana cost
- Perma Arcane Surge - Empower 4 can be slotted for recall/flame dash cooldown. Mostly QoL
- Zero ailments - unreal advantage for end game bosses. Can use warding flask/personal choice.

That's how I understand it. I just bought the the jewel but haven't tested yet.

You basically got it.
Question about the 10M DPS version -- I noticed you use two movement spells: shield charge and flame dash. Would you mind explaining the use case for both of them? When do you one instead of another and why we have both?
For the basic version when should you drop Apeps Rage? I just finished my Ascendancy and picked up a second Fevered Mind. Should I swap out Apep's for a Crit dagger/wand now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info