[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
KopaKabana wrote:
"
MovieZo wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
Guys can i make this build for 35 exalt and reliable farm sirus 8, delirium 100% t16 and 20 wave on simulacrum?
is it possible?

Sirus 8 - Possible.
Simulacrum wave 20 - possible.
Delirium 100% t16 on this budget - impossible.

My current gear, and I am still not sure if I can reliably farm 100% delirious t16

+ Unnatural Instinct + Watchers Eye 18% mana to ES. Got 10150 ES and about 7-7.5kk shaper dps and 100% t16 is very questionable. But 80% delirious t16 are comfortable to farm.

ty for your honest answer
i will look around more on otehr builds , see if i can find something that for 30 ex can farm all of the above reliable, seems that this build is a hit and miss
besides the ES mana watchers eye is 40 ex, i cant justify that price for just one item , when i can make a whole build with it and more
Sad that this build cant do this stuff, as i already had an templar leveled to 92
Time to look at guardian paradoxica maybe

i doubt you can find a build with the 11-15m dps requeriment to "faceroll" t16 with 100% delirium for less than 50ex
Simulacrums are totally borked for storm brand.. If you happen to die once in wave 18/19/20 you are screwed. I can't see any way out of that.

Lots of mobs right at the entrance and there is no way to get more than one brand up before you get one shotted. With what 25+ mil life mobs, 1 brand won't cut it.

The mechanic is so broken, but so is the entire league. It would have been nice if brands put up in your hideout or on other sides of portals, would at least still be up when you enter.

Currently just selling the damn things as the first 15 waves are generally junk anyways.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 9, 2020, 1:18:53 PM
From what are we leeching ES on?
"
hypocraties wrote:

Illuminated Devotion Ascendancy gives ES Leech when Arcane Surge is up.
If you dont have a setup with basically 100% Arcane Surge uptime you should probably use Energy Leech support.
"
vaizard27 wrote:

1) Yes and no. The perma arcane surge is hurtful, depending on how the exact interactions play out. There are conflicting reports on how arcane surge from Arcane blessing works, especially when bundled with the arcane capacitor notable. What I found through testing is, that when you link a not max level, in my case lvl15, arcane surge to your brand recall and make SURE you can trigger it reliably every 4 seconds to keep the buff up consistently, you will gain the HIGHER arcane surge buff. Have some sources for that here:
Forum post by csisyadam
forum post by Tykero
So while the surge is not optimal it should still trigger for the HIGHER surge if it is linked to flame dash/brand recall and you trigger them on cooldown.

Ehm, your sources say the exact opposite?
The lvl1 Arcane Surge overwrites any other Arcane Surge, thats also what I noticed. My 7 sec Arcane Surge (with Inc Duration) was ocassionally definitely overwritten by a 4 sec Arcane surge from Arcane capacitor.
People report it as bug in your sources but that doesnt mean its actually a bug or maybe intended.
Or is it just because of Arcan Capacitor and would work differently with Arcane Blessing WITHOUT Capacitor? I'm confused.
Last edited by Laxxus on Apr 9, 2020, 1:44:55 PM
"
MovieZo wrote:
"
KopaKabana wrote:
Guys can i make this build for 35 exalt and reliable farm sirus 8, delirium 100% t16 and 20 wave on simulacrum?
is it possible?

Sirus 8 - Possible.
Simulacrum wave 20 - possible.
Delirium 100% t16 on this budget - impossible.

My current gear, and I am still not sure if I can reliably farm 100% delirious t16

+ Unnatural Instinct + Watchers Eye 18% mana to ES. Got 10150 ES and about 7-7.5kk shaper dps and 100% t16 is very questionable. But 80% delirious t16 are comfortable to farm.

I am also playing a version of this build and while I went slightly more defensive (Chaos res at +66%, linked CWDT with IC and have Arcane Cloak lvl up to 20 by itself, dropped illuminated devotion for conviction of power). I did not spend 35ex on my gear and can do Sirus AW8, All waves in Simulacrum and 100% delirium maps at T16. Currently sitting at 9.8k ES and 9.4k mana (no clarity watchers eye.)

I will put a disclaimer that I bought most of my gear early on and prices may have changed since I started the build (Bought Trash to Treasure for 7ex for the skyforth's) and got lucky with 6 linking my Ivory Tower with ~100 fuse.

My Gear:

"
Laxxus wrote:
"
vaizard27 wrote:

1) Yes and no. The perma arcane surge is hurtful, depending on how the exact interactions play out. There are conflicting reports on how arcane surge from Arcane blessing works, especially when bundled with the arcane capacitor notable. What I found through testing is, that when you link a not max level, in my case lvl15, arcane surge to your brand recall and make SURE you can trigger it reliably every 4 seconds to keep the buff up consistently, you will gain the HIGHER arcane surge buff. Have some sources for that here:
Forum post by csisyadam
forum post by Tykero
So while the surge is not optimal it should still trigger for the HIGHER surge if it is linked to flame dash/brand recall and you trigger them on cooldown.

Ehm, your sources say the exact opposite?
The lvl1 Arcane Surge overwrites any other Arcane Surge, thats also what I noticed. My 7 sec Arcane Surge (with Inc Duration) was ocassionally definitely overwritten by a 4 sec Arcane surge from Arcane capacitor.
People report it as bug in your sources but that doesnt mean its actually a bug or maybe intended.
Or is it just because of Arcan Capacitor and would work differently with Arcane Blessing WITHOUT Capacitor? I'm confused.

The issue is that Normally a higher level arcane surge should _not_ get overwritten by a lower level one, however when arcane capacitor comes into the mix a lower level arcane surge will overwrite a higher level one because it has increased effect. however, if you you consistently the same amount of "mana spent recently" the increased effect from your arcane capacitor stays more or less consistent, meaning arcane surge gets refreshed whenever your brand recall triggers it, instead of on hit.

According to GGG when you have multiple sources of the same buff with different strength the stronger one should always take precedence, however arcane capacitor CAN screw with that for unknown reasons. From what I've seen during mapping and bossing, the majority of the time my arcane surge refreshes on brand recall triggers instead of on hit, which means my higher arcane surge gets popped instead of the lower one from the ascendancy. However, if all you have is a Lvl 20 arcane surge + lets say arcane cloak, chances are it will get overwritten by a level1 arcane surge because as soon as you trigger the cloak the next hit you deal will trigger a lvl1 arcane surge from the ascendancy with 50% increased effect which for some reason seems to overwrite the level20 one, even if it would technically be stronger.
stupid browser posted twice -.-
Last edited by vaizard27 on Apr 9, 2020, 1:52:31 PM
"
Laxxus wrote:
"
hypocraties wrote:

Illuminated Devotion Ascendancy gives ES Leech when Arcane Surge is up.
If you dont have a setup with basically 100% Arcane Surge uptime you should probably use Energy Leech support.

Think it leeches life, not ES
Ah,interesting and very weird interaction, hope they adress that at some point.
And yes, I was using Arcane Cloak with Arcane Surge for a while, so I didnt have that consistent cast, so Capacitor screws it apparently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info