3.10|Stress-Free PoE| ENDURING FIRE (RF) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

"
CWendelboe wrote:
"
smeagol01 wrote:
i wonder abut the cluster jewels tuff from 3.10 is there any good stuff for us ?

Yes. I am running two large clusters. One with double Pure Commander and Pure Might mediums, the other with double Wrapped in Flame and Student of Decay mediums. It's amazing.

The smalls are not worth it imo, except for Enduring Composure if you need charge generation, which you do as a chieftian.

The life ones are nice that's what i'm after. 4% maximum life but you want flow of life on it. Flow of life gives 24% increased DoT 4% increased maximum life and regenerate 0,6% of life a second. I also want some chaos res on it.

Also i'm a bit curious what people use for guard skill and why. Me personally i'm not happy with molten shell since i don't have enough armor (you need 10k armor to out perform steelskin) so i use steelskin.
I Love the build so far, I put on a unset ring and added Flame dash for movement, seems to work well. again great build.
"
Klaptafeltje wrote:
"
CWendelboe wrote:
"
smeagol01 wrote:
i wonder abut the cluster jewels tuff from 3.10 is there any good stuff for us ?

Yes. I am running two large clusters. One with double Pure Commander and Pure Might mediums, the other with double Wrapped in Flame and Student of Decay mediums. It's amazing.

The smalls are not worth it imo, except for Enduring Composure if you need charge generation, which you do as a chieftian.

The life ones are nice that's what i'm after. 4% maximum life but you want flow of life on it. Flow of life gives 24% increased DoT 4% increased maximum life and regenerate 0,6% of life a second. I also want some chaos res on it.

Also i'm a bit curious what people use for guard skill and why. Me personally i'm not happy with molten shell since i don't have enough armor (you need 10k armor to out perform steelskin) so i use steelskin.

Why would you run a small cluster jewel that nets you some damage and life for 2 passive slots plus a jewel passive slot when you could just run a 7% max life jewel with other things for the jewel passive slot and have 2 passive points to go elsewhere though? I mean, my build requires Enduring Composure to generate charges because I don't take Inexorable, outside of that the trade off seems real bad.

I use Vaal Molten Shell but mostly spam Immortal Call. It'll use up 5 charges, but that just gives me 15% more damage for a short time and mitigates tons of damage.
This is my first league and im loving this build. I just got to sirus and got smacked. I know I need to replace certain pieces of gear but im curious if there is something I botched/missed and what clusters to run as I tried flow of life but lost a lot of dps going for it. Also curious if there is another skill that can be fit in for better boss killing. thanks for the build!
"
D0rkus1989 wrote:
I Love the build so far, I put on a unset ring and added Flame dash for movement, seems to work well. again great build.
Hey D0rkus1989!

I'm glad you're liking it! Thanks for taking the time to pass it on! I appreciate it. Good call on the unset ring for movement. I appreciate the post :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
prayer_ wrote:
This is my first league and im loving this build. I just got to sirus and got smacked. I know I need to replace certain pieces of gear but im curious if there is something I botched/missed and what clusters to run as I tried flow of life but lost a lot of dps going for it. Also curious if there is another skill that can be fit in for better boss killing. thanks for the build!
Hey prayer_!

I'm glad you're liking the build and welcome to PoE! You picked a really tricky skill to play in your first league!

RF isn't huge on single target damage. Incinerate was the 4 link I added to help make boss killing faster. The supports like Wave of Conviction and Combustion were also to help out. Flammability as well. So the boots you have force you to choose between offence and defence (in terms of which links you're going to sacrifice. You have some awesome uniques that are great for life regen, but with RF eating our life away, lacking good Maximum Life mods will hurt a lot. Only add the rings and amulet you have if survivability is a breeze.

All that being said, Sirus is an odd fight. But just like the fights of old, fights like Sirus require a lot of experience. You need to know the fight really well and know what to do in each specific circumstance. There will be lots of one-shot mechanics the endgame boss has that need to be completely avoided.

Thanks again for your kindness. I hope my response helped a bit.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi,
first of all thanks for the guide, it's refreshingly calm to play :)

I found a balefire while leveling and wondered if i could use scorching ray instead of incinerate? (does it work with ignite/increased damage for RF and would i need to change the curse from flammability to sth different then?)
Im fairly new and am still confused by the burning, ignite, scorch - thingys...
"
"
prayer_ wrote:
Hey prayer_!

I'm glad you're liking the build and welcome to PoE! You picked a really tricky skill to play in your first league!

RF isn't huge on single target damage. Incinerate was the 4 link I added to help make boss killing faster. The supports like Wave of Conviction and Combustion were also to help out. Flammability as well. So the boots you have force you to choose between offence and defence (in terms of which links you're going to sacrifice. You have some awesome uniques that are great for life regen, but with RF eating our life away, lacking good Maximum Life mods will hurt a lot. Only add the rings and amulet you have if survivability is a breeze.

All that being said, Sirus is an odd fight. But just like the fights of old, fights like Sirus require a lot of experience. You need to know the fight really well and know what to do in each specific circumstance. There will be lots of one-shot mechanics the endgame boss has that need to be completely avoided.

Thanks again for your kindness. I hope my response helped a bit.

Thanks so much for the response and your time. You cleared up the ring amulet situation for me as I thought they needed to be replaced for end game but your saying they will come back around very interesting. The boots I hate I am thinking Doryani Titan Greaves for the increased res mabey? But thankyou and I will be working on getting my max life pool up asap (chest and belt id assume)
"
Hyrlion wrote:
Hi,
first of all thanks for the guide, it's refreshingly calm to play :)

I found a balefire while leveling and wondered if i could use scorching ray instead of incinerate? (does it work with ignite/increased damage for RF and would i need to change the curse from flammability to sth different then?)
Im fairly new and am still confused by the burning, ignite, scorch - thingys...

Balefire is a good scepter to use with RF, not incredible, but solidly decent. The longer you keep an enemy in the Scorching Ray (SR) beam, the more stages of SR build up, to a limit of 8 by default. When an enemy is at max stages of SR, they have fire exposure, which reduces their fire resist by 25%. if you don't have any other source of lowering enemy resists (Flamability, Elemental Weakness, Elemental Equilibrium with a cold/lighting hit, etc.) then you get a 1.25 multiplier for your RF dps from the SR debuf.

The math gets messier than I can remember off the top of my head if you do have other sources of reducing or bypassing enemy resistance, but it is generally a good boost to RF damage. I might be mistaken, but I believe that a high end rare scepter without SR will get better dps than Balefire will with SR debuff. That being said, I haven't played with SR since 3.4/3.5 and it got a rework since then.

Hope this helped!
Sojo
What skill could i use to imporve bossing, im already at endgame and lost to sirus once, incinerate takes to long to charge up for me to dodge and hit from behinf i end up running around letting rf slowly burn them but it takes too long.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info