3.10|Stress-Free PoE| ENDURING FIRE (RF) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

"
FlameRage wrote:
"
CWendelboe wrote:

Updated to be public. I assure you I have the ascendancy, and it was the only way I would gain charges.

Did you remember to remove the small nose before Inexorable? That is also 10% when hit....

Good point, i forgot to remove the one small passive node.

Now Endurance charges are not generated with CWDT and/or purifying flame/wave of conviction.

So yes that part of the guide should be fixed since the only spell we can generate charges with (by the guide) would be incinerate.

Just for lulz i also tested this with, armageddon brand, soul rend, magma orb, flame surge, firestorm. No EC charges generated from any of these fire spells when used with CWDT.
Cast when damage taken is not working with molten shell and summon stone golem, am i doing something wrong?yes they are linked
"
"
CyberWind wrote:
Actually, I liked this build until I acheived Awakening level 3. After that I was able to defeat only Baran and only after switching RF off.

The statement about arbitrariness of weapons, armour, flasks, etc is nonsense. Just try to finish Atoll, Park or Plaza maps at highest levels. You will dance, you will run and you will at last die. My opinion that this game actually starts after epilogue and at this point I cannot agree with topic starter about advantages of this build.

The two main drawbacks:
1. You cannot cast Incinerate because you should always move or otherwise die;
2. You haven't any high-damage skill you may cast on bosses. Therefore every boss is torment.
Hey CyberWind!

I appreciate the honest feedback. I'm finding higher awakening levels pretty easy with this build...and I have mediocre gear and a 5 link. Lots of bosses will have times where you have to run but will add opportunities us to deal some damage. I find Baran the most difficult with this build. Easy to live, the hardest to deal damage to. I find Drox really easy...just stand there and channel.

This game is very dependant on gear. Every guide is. If you are comfortable making your characters public on the PoE website, we can take a look at what you have and see if there is anything that can be easily improved.

Oh! The "Dream Mod" section might clear up any of the nonsense about arbitrary items.

Thank you for your reply. I opened my profile. It would be great to hear your opinion. Maybe I just have problem with my hands)
"
feditosito wrote:
Cast when damage taken is not working with molten shell and summon stone golem, am i doing something wrong?yes they are linked

Maybe you leveled the molten shell and stone golem too much?

if you read the CWDT description it says what is the max level of the skills it can support..

If you did over level the MS and SSG then you can undo one level or all levels with vendor recipe by selling the skill gem + orb of regret or orb of scouring. (cant remember which one removed only one level).

You will see the resulting gem in the vendor menu when you put the skill and orbs for sale.
"
FlameRage wrote:
"
feditosito wrote:

Maybe you leveled the molten shell and stone golem too much?

if you read the CWDT description it says what is the max level of the skills it can support..

If you did over level the MS and SSG then you can undo one level or all levels with vendor recipe by selling the skill gem + orb of regret or orb of scouring. (cant remember which one removed only one level).

You will see the resulting gem in the vendor menu when you put the skill and orbs for sale.

Ur right, maybe the probelm is that my cast when damage taken is underlevel, since i didnt realise that this one doesnt have a level cap marked on the guide.
Also id like to ask u. this combination will cast molten shel on myself when i take damage and also the golem? will the golem replace itself each time i take damage and it triggers?
"
feditosito wrote:

Ur right, maybe the probelm is that my cast when damage taken is underlevel, since i didnt realise that this one doesnt have a level cap marked on the guide.
Also id like to ask u. this combination will cast molten shel on myself when i take damage and also the golem? will the golem replace itself each time i take damage and it triggers?

The molten shell is only cast on your character, not for the golem. The Golem purpose is only to give more life regen to our character.

And yes everytime the CWDT triggers it will cast the linked spells, unless those are on global cooldown like molten shell for example has.
"
FlameRage wrote:
"
feditosito wrote:

The molten shell is only cast on your character, not for the golem. The Golem purpose is only to give more life regen to our character.

And yes everytime the CWDT triggers it will cast the linked spells, unless those are on global cooldown like molten shell for example has.

huh guess ill have to try and see seems to mana hungry to be casting golem over and over. on the other hand the grater the elvel on cast when damage taken the greater the threshhold so it should be that bad.
"
feditosito wrote:
"
FlameRage wrote:
"
feditosito wrote:

huh guess ill have to try and see seems to mana hungry to be casting golem over and over. on the other hand the grater the elvel on cast when damage taken the greater the threshhold so it should be that bad.

Triggered spells don't cost mana.
Spoiler
"
CWendelboe wrote:
I just tested by removing any of my endurance charge generation things, using CWDT with Purifying Fire and Wave of Conviction linked, and stood in a mob of enemies. Never once did I get an endurance charge, despite the spells casting a bunch. This setup will not work for gaining charges, and you should edit your original post. Note: I tested this in act 10, am level 92, and didn't see a need to use a high tier map to test when that would suffice...

Likely you have no issues because you take Inexorable. I don't have the points for that, and it was easier to spend 2 to pick up Enduring Composure.
"
FlameRage wrote:
I just tested this also:

When you are in a fight, the inexorable pretty much keeps the Endurance Charges going, or just killing mobs (Disciple of the unyielding). So I removed these passive points and went to act 10 without RF on standing in enemy fire, only Purifying flame from CWDT casting (no wave of conviction) and I got my endurance charges full.

Then I changed purifying flame to wave of conviction and again got my endurance charges full.

So you probably don't have same ascendancy, because that's where we get the 35% chance to generate EC when casting fire spells.

If you character would be public we could check and see whats different there.

"
CWendelboe wrote:
Updated to be public. I assure you I have the ascendancy, and it was the only way I would gain charges.

Did you remember to remove the small nose before Inexorable? That is also 10% when hit....
"
FlameRage wrote:
Good point, i forgot to remove the one small passive node.

Now Endurance charges are not generated with CWDT and/or purifying flame/wave of conviction.

So yes that part of the guide should be fixed since the only spell we can generate charges with (by the guide) would be incinerate.
"
FlameRage wrote:
Just for lulz i also tested this with, armageddon brand, soul rend, magma orb, flame surge, firestorm. No EC charges generated from any of these fire spells when used with CWDT.
Thank you both for your help! It seems that I have been incorrect for a very long time! Yikes! (I tested it myself as well since your post.) My original thorough testing obviously had something I overlooked when the Chieftain Ascendancy got changed a few leagues ago.

I'll fix it right away in the guide! I'm sorry for the misinformation everyone! Thank you for making sure for me. I'm happy to make the changes. As usual, please let me know if you find any other errors.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
CWendelboe wrote:
"
feditosito wrote:
"
FlameRage wrote:
Hey feditosito!

You've received good help here! Awesome. As mentioned, spells cast by CwDT don't use mana. Molten Shell and Stone Golem are simply support and bonus skills. But for this build, we benefit from them more at full levels. So yes, Stone Golem is only for the life regen and it's attached to CwDT just to guarantee that it stays active. (Minions die really quick later in the game if no minion survivability or life is invested into.)

I can't answer everyday of course, but please ask as much as you like. Everyone in this thread is really awesome this league and there's lots of helpfulness. Don't be shy to keep asking and figuring things out.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info