3.10|Stress-Free PoE| ENDURING FIRE (RF) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

"
Crazyon wrote:
Hi Wrecker,
Im getting the hang of the build, now I just have a few questions...

Do you have any suggestion for a unique chest piece? Im trying for two 6L as I plan on having rightious fire in my searing touch

As for incinerate vs scorching ray, what exactly made you choose incinerate?

And as for endurance charges my goal is to be able to regenerate naturally without them in the long run, but any tips on doing so?

Any help and feedback would be much appreciated!
Hey Crazyon!

I'm glad you're getting the hang of it.

For a chest piece, I don't really have a unique suggestion. With the goals you have, I'd suggest a Rare with lots of life, life regen, % of Life per kill...that kind of thing. I think that'd be your best bet (and worth 6 linking) if you're planning on sustaining RF without Charges.

I chose Incinerate over SR because SR requires too much "exact" aiming. I can't aim on PC. I can on console because of the controller but I like to be able to make my guides for both PC and Console. So my builds need to be able to be played by me with a mouse. I know SR has some nice perks that would let us still use EE, but because SR requires too much aiming for me, Incinerate was the next best choice because of it's big AoE.

And as mentioned about the chest, the key to sustaining RF without charges (with the current tree) is to have life regen (either flat amounts or %) mods on your gear.

I know it sounds basic, but that's really it. Otherwise, you'd have to change the tree for more life regen...and that means taking nodes our of either damage or max life.

Does that help?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
"
franklsw3mc wrote:
Its the loss of fort on cyclone and enfeeble that make us a lot squishier, that's a butttt ton of defense

Thanks, yeah I don't feel like frost bomb is doing much for me but it could be one of those skills that's hitting and you don't event realize it.

I think I may have to put fortify back on with cyclone and tinker with other placements to make it go. I kept getting stuck in front of enemies, taking damage, without being about "phase" through them with cyclone.

Not enough links to go around!

Incinerate does work but I've seldom used it thus far. Seems like a difficult trade - get killed while standing still trying to do max damage or keep moving and living but taking longer to kill tougher bosses.

Any possible oil anointments or tree swaps that can help out with this new set up? I'm still on the light side of life but am having a hard time crafting/finding gear with the right links and max life buffs.
Hey Rex_Urhole!

Don't forget that Quartz flasks are amazing to get yourself out of a jam! Then you don't have to worry about sockets.

Frost Bomb is just for the Pulses before the Hit. It's just to reduce enemy life regen.

Anointments? I would think Inexorable. It'd save you 5 passive points. That'd be my guess.

RF can be tricky if RNG luck isn't on your side. Let us know if you have other questions.

Feel free to switch to the 3.9 setup if you like. It'd take a big re-work, but it may be more to your liking.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
I think ( but I could be wrong) they aren't the same mod the first fire damage is a hybrid with fire damage over time. Even if they show up on this item as two stat they are one and unique mod so the fire damage can be crafted. For example on a piece of armour you can go above the T1 amount of Life by craft an hybrid mod + X life/%increased defense ( %increased armour per exemple). I don't know if I was clear enough because I'm not an English native speaker.

"
"
mr_headcut wrote:
Seems like you got good answer from phaladina already. You can still check my comments above, hope they can help.

And guys, I have a question:
I got an item like this, and it was surprising that I could craft a duplicate mod (Increased Fire Damage).

How is this possible? And are these mods stacked, or only the highest one counts?
Great question mr_headcut!

It's a case of Prefix and Suffix. Your mods stack. One Increased Fire Damage node is a Prefix, the other is a suffix. Why it's available on both "fix's" I don't know. The game doesn't let you craft multiples of the same mod. They replace each other. But these aren't technically duplicates because one is a prefix and the other a suffix.

Does that make sense?

Thank you AgressifPlayer and Wrecker, both of your answers were awesome, that helped me a lot. Sorry for the late reply, have been busy lately.

A little update: I'm 86, walking through the Atlas without problems. I killed Atziri yesterday, which was the first time, and I was very happy :D

So now I'm interested in making my character even better. Here are some questions I've been asking myself, hope you guys will give me some insights.

1. Is Avatar of Fire any good for this build? Does it apply only to hits?

2. I want to replace Incinerate with Scorching Ray, as I don't mind aiming.
You (Wrecker) told someone in this thread that we should "replace Wave of Conviction with something that hits a lot of mobs". Do you have any more specific suggest? Is Armageddon Brand good for this?

3. Anyway to check RF DPS, apart from the numbers in POB?

4. Now I'm having around 5700 HP, elemental resistance overcapped at 85 80 80, chaos resistance positive 31. The damage is good enough.
I'm wondering which aspect/item I should improve now. Some candidates are HP, chaos resistance, fire damage mods, anointment. What do you think?
Here is my gear:

Thank you all guys. Sorry for dumping all my thoughts in a long post.
"
southcabeza wrote:
surfing low tier maps for now, no fourth lab nor 6-link yet, and this are my mods to the build.
i was lucky to get a Gifts from above ring on a level 28 menagerie encounter, that gives me consecrated ground on critical and extra damage and block.
fused the CWDT in one setting, molten shell, combustion and wave of conviction, all triggers after 800 damage
movement is a 4 link, leap slam supported by fortify, maim, and faster attacks
anything I could improve?

downside, stone golem and curse are manual for now

update, got rise of the phoenix, with 85 fire res i can ditch stone golem
replaced malevolence with flammability+blasphemy, now is all automatic and mana problems are gone
with all laberynths done the damage got decent, now my goal is to impreve my subpar gear and get a decent 6 or 5 link
Just completed Act 10 and am reaching the area on the tree where getting a cluster jewel is feasible. Anyone have thoughts on ranking the notables/small passive for damage and survivability?

I'm thinking Wrapped in flame will allow you to allocate away from some of the health nodes into the cluster without taking a regen hit.

Fan the flames seems like a superb QOL change, but doesn't do much for boss/resist elemental mob damage, which is where I feel this build suffers a bit.
it seems like the CWDT - Wave of conviction - curse on hit - flammability setup isn't applying Flammability. If you remove curse on hit it works but otherwise it doesn't
Last edited by Wazzouf on Mar 22, 2020, 3:33:30 AM
"
Wazzouf wrote:
it seems like the CWDT - Wave of conviction - curse on hit - flammability setup isn't applying Flammability. If you remove curse on hit it works but otherwise it doesn't

As Wrecker mentioned at the bottom of the section, cwdt and coh must be outside of each other's level range. One skill cant have 2 triggering support skills.
Last edited by mr_headcut on Mar 22, 2020, 6:33:25 AM
"
mr_headcut wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you AgressifPlayer and Wrecker, both of your answers were awesome, that helped me a lot. Sorry for the late reply, have been busy lately.

A little update: I'm 86, walking through the Atlas without problems. I killed Atziri yesterday, which was the first time, and I was very happy :D

So now I'm interested in making my character even better. Here are some questions I've been asking myself, hope you guys will give me some insights.

1. Is Avatar of Fire any good for this build? Does it apply only to hits?

2. I want to replace Incinerate with Scorching Ray, as I don't mind aiming.
You (Wrecker) told someone in this thread that we should "replace Wave of Conviction with something that hits a lot of mobs". Do you have any more specific suggest? Is Armageddon Brand good for this?

3. Anyway to check RF DPS, apart from the numbers in POB?

4. Now I'm having around 5700 HP, elemental resistance overcapped at 85 80 80, chaos resistance positive 31. The damage is good enough.
I'm wondering which aspect/item I should improve now. Some candidates are HP, chaos resistance, fire damage mods, anointment. What do you think?
Here is my gear:

Thank you all guys. Sorry for dumping all my thoughts in a long post.
:) I'm glad it was helpful mr_headcut!

To answer your question:

1. Avatar of Fire technically impacts all Fire Damage, but it inadvertently only applies to Hits. But as the build revolves around RF, the skill wouldn't have as much of an impact as we hope.

2. A brand works great! What I'd do instead of Avatar of Fire is select Elemental Equilibrium. Then take the spells that are attached to low-level CwDT gems and choose non-fire spells. I like Ball Lightning personally. Then you could have Scorching Ray with EE and do way more damage. Ball Lightning, Frostbolt, Ice Nova, Orb of Storms...those are some suggestions for you.

3. There is no way to check a legit RF DPS in-game. Lame hey?

4. Nice gear! The next step is to get much high life rolls on all your gear. Nice chest btw! Try to get over 100 life on everything, but over 75 life per item would be huge for you.

Don't be sorry! Ask whatever you like. We'll help the best we can.

Annnnnd

"
southcabeza wrote:
update, got rise of the phoenix, with 85 fire res i can ditch stone golem
replaced malevolence with flammability+blasphemy, now is all automatic and mana problems are gone
with all laberynths done the damage got decent, now my goal is to impreve my subpar gear and get a decent 6 or 5 link
Good southcabeza! It's nice to feel good progress hey?

Annnnnd

"
mr_headcut wrote:
"
Wazzouf wrote:

As Wrecker mentioned at the bottom of the section, cwdt and coh must be outside of each other's level range. One skill cant have 2 triggering support skills.
Hey Wazzouf!

mr_headcut is correct. Keep your CwDT gem at level 1 and Wave of Conviction at level 7. Keep Curse on Hit and your curse linked. Once CoH and your curse have a required level of 39 or higher, it'll work as mentioned.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info