3.10|Stress-Free PoE| ENDURING FIRE (RF) |Use Any Items U Want|1 Button Play|Easily Customizable SSF

"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Thanks WOD - I don't DISLIKE the 3.10 version, I just think I need a bigger life pool and more regen to get back to where I was in 3.9. Comparing the trees/POB that's the only major difference.

I wish there was a simple "swap" for incinerate when called for. That does allow for more damage on big enemies, but it can't be sustained without the life regen/max life while standing still.

I put cyclone and fortify back in the mix and moved 1 aura to an unset ring - so everything is the same except for the Holy Relic summon. I know that gives substantial life regen but I'm hoping I can make up the difference elsewhere.
I hear you Rex_Urhole!

It's a hard choice to make. It was a hard choice to make but at the end of the day, without GREAT gear, the 3.9 version just didn't do enough damage. I'm glad you really like the 3.9 version. If I can find a way, with all the requirements I have on my guides, to make the Cyclone version deal lots more damage, It'll likely switchback.

I appreciate the honest feedback.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
mr_headcut wrote:
Thanks Wrecker for the very detailed and on point answers.

I've tried EE as you suggested. The setup is currently:
6L: RF as guide
4L: Scorching Ray - Infused Channeling - Burning Damage - Inspiration
4L: CWDT - Enfeeble - COH - Ball Lightning
4L: CWDT - Purifying Flame - Frost Bomb - Combustion
3L: CWDT - Golem - Molten Shell

I'm thinking about replacing Combustion with Flammability when I can get Whispers of Doom (1 additional curse, 3 passive points from the tree) and give up on the Fire dmg cluster on top of the tree. I doubt I'd ever have enough points for that, with EE on the tree.
Do you think it's a good trade-off?

Also a question. I have this helmet:

The enchantment is about RF, and RF gem is in my chest piece. Will they work together?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks mr_headcut!

I honestly don't know if it'd be a good trade-off or not. It's something you'd have to play around with. Combustion does give lots of damage, but so would Flammability. Save a few respec points in case it doesn't end up worthwhile.

And you bet :). That helmet implicit is global. It's not specific to socketed gems so it'll apply to your RF no matter where you have it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Jero669 wrote:
Love the build! Do you think Abberath's Hooves is good enough to replace the frost bomb? It works with curse on hit so it would give us a free spot for more buffs.
Hey Jero669!

I like the boots! Frost Bomb is only there to slow the Life Regen of big enemies. So they wouldn't conflict. But I don't think they'd replace each other either (unless I missed something). But you're more than welcome to get rid of Frost Bomb for any reason and add whatever you want!

And thanks! I'm glad you're liking the build! RF is just too fun.

Annnnnd

"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
hey WOD, I'm back again.

Have been tinkering with this - I'm getting waxed in 3.10 standard, compared to 3.9's build.

Question - I went for the 6L body that you suggest in the guide, but I've dumped Incinerate in favor of the more defensive approach from 3.9 with holy relic.
Should I do something else with my 6L & inspiration now that the only mana I'm spending is from cyclone and other misc skills? Or should I keep as-is for the RF buff?

I've also respec some nodes to get my max life back up, sacrificing some of the damage nodes as I haves 40% RF enchant in my helm.
Hey Rex_Urhole!

I'd still keep the Inspiration. Any Channelling skill is perfect for Inspiration. For skills that cost very little, it essentially keeps Inspiration Charges up all the time. And when you use Inspiration with Cyclone, you're always moving so the charges never stop. Make sense?

Let me know how your build goes. I had to make some tough choices between leagues.

Annnnnd

Hey WOD, How you doing man hope all is well with all that is going on in the world atm.

Great build you got going on here, love the changes you done with the skills! I redone the tree on an older build you had might have been from the first RF build you done! I'm only lvl 87 atm so don't have all the passive tree points yet but getting there.

Like I said above I like the way you came together with the skills this round. Changed up the game play to make it different... but yet very enjoyable to play. Inspiration is indeed a great skill as those charges just keep coming and does increase our damage by a lot. I linked Inspiration with Concentrated support for the extra damage as we do need all we can get at end game for sure but we do need lots of life regeneration to as we get to doing Sirus and the Conquerors of the Atlas.

I have not done Sirus on this build but have on the other build from 3.8 just last night and man they changed him from 3.9 so got to stay on your toes now lol but I did get him in the end with 2 portals left.

I have some gear to work on yet to get more life but have a few good pieces going. Found a pretty cool helmet on the market today the enchantment needs to be replaced to fit this build or might just keep it for another build later. Thanks again for another awesome build to play!

Last edited by Quicksilver112 on Mar 24, 2020, 8:39:18 PM
"
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
hey WOD, I'm back again.

Have been tinkering with this - I'm getting waxed in 3.10 standard, compared to 3.9's build.

Question - I went for the 6L body that you suggest in the guide, but I've dumped Incinerate in favor of the more defensive approach from 3.9 with holy relic.
Should I do something else with my 6L & inspiration now that the only mana I'm spending is from cyclone and other misc skills? Or should I keep as-is for the RF buff?

I've also respec some nodes to get my max life back up, sacrificing some of the damage nodes as I haves 40% RF enchant in my helm.
Hey Rex_Urhole!

I'd still keep the Inspiration. Any Channelling skill is perfect for Inspiration. For skills that cost very little, it essentially keeps Inspiration Charges up all the time. And when you use Inspiration with Cyclone, you're always moving so the charges never stop. Make sense?

Let me know how your build goes. I had to make some tough choices between leagues.

Thanks chief, I'm feeling better about things now that I've changed it up to be a hybrid of 3.9 and 3.10

I think it's an important clarification for those looking for a movement skill AND those who want to use the 6L as suggested - link inspiration with cyclone!(or other movement skill) I didn't have it that way initially - duh on my part.

Working toward Inexorable anointment now so I can add the max life/regen nodes back into the tree. I kept the fire damage multiplier nodes from the upper cluster so I think it will shake out in a happy medium as long as I keep adding gear that provides more life.

Thanks again!

Thanks, WoD, for putting together this great build guide. It's been a few leagues since I tried a Righteous Fire toon, so things have certainly changed and my knowledge was fairly out of date. Having all this good information about RF, Chieftain, etc all together has made it a breeze!

The leveling process was a bit slow trying to use Holy Flame totem and Fireball/Incinerate. If I had to do it over again (and I very well may in future leagues!), I think I'd path over to Resolute Technique and level with something like Ground Slam/Heavy Strike. With all the STR in the tree, linking a bunch of red gems is easy, and it should hold up all right until act 8-ish. Then once RF is sustainable, respec out those Resolute Technique nodes and go to town.

For the most part, things have gone great through level 80 (here's my character) - I'm just starting to do red maps. There are a few corner cases that cause trouble, of course. One is quick-kill events, like Alva's incursions. The DoT nature of the build just isn't set up for those. Another is ranged chaos damage, such as in the Vaal city delve or Alva's temple. And map mods with reduced recovery or reduced max resists can be very rough, in addition to the impossible-to-do no-regen mod. But again, those are the exceptions, and mostly play is very smooth.

A few things that I'm doing which I didn't see in the guide (though I may have just missed them), in case folks are interested:

-- Instead of Clarity I'm using Flame Dash. I just didn't find that I needed the Clarity mana regen, and having a blink skill is just so useful in moving around weird terrain. One of my flasks is a hybrid, in case I do run low on mana and need a refill in battle.

-- Along those same lines, I dropped the Tireless wheel. It was great while leveling, but once I had my mana under control dropping it saved me 5 passive points. Which I used for more AoE and damage (Amplify for instance), but could easily be invested in more defense instead.

-- I allocated Explosive Impact with my amulet anointment. Extra damage and area effect seemed useful. There are defensive options too, like Heart of Oak for more life/regen.

"
Spoiler
Hey WOD, How you doing man hope all is well with all that is going on in the world atm.

Great build you got going on here, love the changes you done with the skills! I redone the tree on an older build you had might have been from the first RF build you done! I'm only lvl 87 atm so don't have all the passive tree points yet but getting there.

Like I said above I like the way you came together with the skills this round. Changed up the game play to make it different... but yet very enjoyable to play. Inspiration is indeed a great skill as those charges just keep coming and does increase our damage by a lot. I linked Inspiration with Concentrated support for the extra damage as we do need all we can get at end game for sure but we do need lots of life regeneration to as we get to doing Sirus and the Conquerors of the Atlas.

I have not done Sirus on this build but have on the other build from 3.8 just last night and man they changed him from 3.9 so got to stay on your toes now lol but I did get him in the end with 2 portals left.

I have some gear to work on yet to get more life but have a few good pieces going. Found a pretty cool helmet on the market today the enchantment needs to be replaced to fit this build or might just keep it for another build later. Thanks again for another awesome build to play!

Unavailable
Hey Quicksilver112!

It's always a pleasure :). Things are well here. We're in lockdown like almost everywhere else. But God's blessed me with too much for me to even consider wishing for better circumstances. Thanks for the well-wishes. I hope all is well on your end as well!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad you're liking the changes. It was a really hard choice going from the unkillable 3.9 version of this build to this one, but once you get to beating bosses at the high awakening levels...the game just demands more damage now. It seems to be a "damage first" game for now. But let us know how the Sirus battles go when you get there! I'd love your take.

That's a really nice helmet! It might be worth doing some lab farming for that! Nice find :).

Thanks for the message. You're always very kind :).

Annnnnd

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Thanks chief, I'm feeling better about things now that I've changed it up to be a hybrid of 3.9 and 3.10

I think it's an important clarification for those looking for a movement skill AND those who want to use the 6L as suggested - link inspiration with cyclone!(or other movement skill) I didn't have it that way initially - duh on my part.

Working toward Inexorable anointment now so I can add the max life/regen nodes back into the tree. I kept the fire damage multiplier nodes from the upper cluster so I think it will shake out in a happy medium as long as I keep adding gear that provides more life.

Thanks again!

Ha! Chief. That's perfect for this guide. Mind if I steal it Rex_Urhole?

I'm glad you've found something that suits your style. Inexorable really is the perfect anointment for this build. It's pricey, but it's a strong node that really doesn't have much value on the path to get there (on the tree).

Thanks again for the thanks! Let us know how your build goes!

Annnnnd

"
ineffablebob wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks, WoD, for putting together this great build guide. It's been a few leagues since I tried a Righteous Fire toon, so things have certainly changed and my knowledge was fairly out of date. Having all this good information about RF, Chieftain, etc all together has made it a breeze!

The leveling process was a bit slow trying to use Holy Flame totem and Fireball/Incinerate. If I had to do it over again (and I very well may in future leagues!), I think I'd path over to Resolute Technique and level with something like Ground Slam/Heavy Strike. With all the STR in the tree, linking a bunch of red gems is easy, and it should hold up all right until act 8-ish. Then once RF is sustainable, respec out those Resolute Technique nodes and go to town.

For the most part, things have gone great through level 80 (here's my character) - I'm just starting to do red maps. There are a few corner cases that cause trouble, of course. One is quick-kill events, like Alva's incursions. The DoT nature of the build just isn't set up for those. Another is ranged chaos damage, such as in the Vaal city delve or Alva's temple. And map mods with reduced recovery or reduced max resists can be very rough, in addition to the impossible-to-do no-regen mod. But again, those are the exceptions, and mostly play is very smooth.

A few things that I'm doing which I didn't see in the guide (though I may have just missed them), in case folks are interested:

-- Instead of Clarity I'm using Flame Dash. I just didn't find that I needed the Clarity mana regen, and having a blink skill is just so useful in moving around weird terrain. One of my flasks is a hybrid, in case I do run low on mana and need a refill in battle.

-- Along those same lines, I dropped the Tireless wheel. It was great while leveling, but once I had my mana under control dropping it saved me 5 passive points. Which I used for more AoE and damage (Amplify for instance), but could easily be invested in more defense instead.

-- I allocated Explosive Impact with my amulet anointment. Extra damage and area effect seemed useful. There are defensive options too, like Heart of Oak for more life/regen.

Thanks ineffablebob!

Thanks very nice of you! I'm glad you're enjoying the build and found it helpful.

You wrote good insight and observations. Levelling RF without respec'ing the tree is slow for sure. And ya, there are somethings that RF isn't strong at, like Alva's temple. I mean, it could to the Alva missions well if damage was insane, but then you'd be in a rough place survivability wise. That's always something that can be adjusted once perfect gear comes around though.

I like your additions to the build! I don't have a movement skill in the guide because they all make me nauseous. So good call on Flame Dash. Did you end up allocating more life on the tree when you removed Tireless? (I had them selected for the 20%.)

I like what you've done! Great post! Let us know how things fare as you get deeper into endgame! And thanks for the thanks :).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info