[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

would using the purity of elements aura from this be better than any of the mana reservation skill gems at any point?
Little Rant about Divergent Holy Relic's gem quality:

I was excited, seeing this quality mod had my hopes high that i could build my relic char with rapid fire novas, but there are SO MANY pitfalls on this road... so i'd like to share what i found out:

Set: Geoffris with -20% cdr for nova. Thats mandatory.

First: Due to the way the server ticks work, base relic nova CD is 0.33s
It needs a measly 2 CDR to bring this to 2,97, so getting a 23 quality gem is
actually worth it. However, gem level is still a little more DPS.
20/20 < 20/23 < 21/20 < 21/23.

Second: was hyped about enhance support as well... i dislike predator on relic builds, and shafting the CD from 0,3s to 0,2s seemed to be a worthy alternative.
WRONG. The last stap to actually get there is just out of reach. It would need 52% CDR... and absolute maximum with a /23 gem and level 7 enhance support is 51%. Bad joke, but true nontheless.
Craft is an option, but giving up up to 81% minion damage is a hard pill to swallow.

I have a +1 gem, +2 socketed support gem essence of horror Mealstrom staff as
base. (Essence just for Minion count. On necro thats important, but whatever)
APS with cyclone is 4.13. Thats without Frenzy charges, and on Necro getting 3 carnage chieftains should actually be viable. (As in they might survive. not so sure on guardian)

So which options are actually open?

Drop enhance and go for double CD attack speed:
Difficult, have yet to find an "add speed modifier" harvest craft, and this one would be mandatory to even dream of getting my aps to 6,72. Thats a lot to aim for without onslaugth and speed on weapon. Just getting enough harvests to aim for at least t2 attack speed is dreadful... but with the mod that speed is actually achievable with a few jewel affixes.

Recraft staff with gem quality, keep enhance:
Now my target APS would be 5, enables frenzy charges, rest is easy to achieve.
Would be a 1.5 multiplier and make 23 quality on gem unnecessary.
No attack speed on weapon needed, but 4 ex down the drain.

I tend to prefer the second approach, as the other one would need a lot of harvest crafts and a 21/23 divergent holy relic for the first version to take a, small, lead.
And the second would leave my weapon suffix open for capping chaos res, or whatever else harvest decides to bring.

Why has this to be so complicated??

What do you think i should do?

Last edited by Nephalon on Jan 31, 2021, 1:56:40 AM
mb and in me. but this build very weakness, if map have +1 or +2 damage u will be suck and suck, if - 60reg u suck. i kill bosse on map very very hard, very low damage, and intresting in this build cant up your damage((
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1vwizxSA
if i mistake, plz show video where anybody kill sirius a9 or uber elder with maven.
Spoiler
"
Nephalon wrote:
Little Rant about Divergent Holy Relic's gem quality:

I was excited, seeing this quality mod had my hopes high that i could build my relic char with rapid fire novas, but there are SO MANY pitfalls on this road... so i'd like to share what i found out:

Set: Geoffris with -20% cdr for nova. Thats mandatory.

First: Due to the way the server ticks work, base relic nova CD is 0.33s
It needs a measly 2 CDR to bring this to 2,97, so getting a 23 quality gem is
actually worth it. However, gem level is still a little more DPS.
20/20 < 20/23 < 21/20 < 21/23.

Second: was hyped about enhance support as well... i dislike predator on relic builds, and shafting the CD from 0,3s to 0,2s seemed to be a worthy alternative.
WRONG. The last stap to actually get there is just out of reach. It would need 52% CDR... and absolute maximum with a /23 gem and level 7 enhance support is 51%. Bad joke, but true nontheless.
Craft is an option, but giving up up to 81% minion damage is a hard pill to swallow.

I have a +1 gem, +2 socketed support gem essence of horror Mealstrom staff as
base. (Essence just for Minion count. On necro thats important, but whatever)
APS with cyclone is 4.13. Thats without Frenzy charges, and on Necro getting 3 carnage chieftains should actually be viable. (As in they might survive. not so sure on guardian)

So which options are actually open?

Drop enhance and go for double CD attack speed:
Difficult, have yet to find an "add speed modifier" harvest craft, and this one would be mandatory to even dream of getting my aps to 6,72. Thats a lot to aim for without onslaugth and speed on weapon. Just getting enough harvests to aim for at least t2 attack speed is dreadful... but with the mod that speed is actually achievable with a few jewel affixes.

Recraft staff with gem quality, keep enhance:
Now my target APS would be 5, enables frenzy charges, rest is easy to achieve.
Would be a 1.5 multiplier and make 23 quality on gem unnecessary.
No attack speed on weapon needed, but 4 ex down the drain.

I tend to prefer the second approach, as the other one would need a lot of harvest crafts and a 21/23 divergent holy relic for the first version to take a, small, lead.
And the second would leave my weapon suffix open for capping chaos res, or whatever else harvest decides to bring.

Why has this to be so complicated??

What do you think i should do?

Sounds like quite the issue. Here's my thoughts:

1) Cyclone's APS should be fixable by socketing the setup in a pair of gloves with the elder mod 'Socketed gems are supported by level # Faster Attacks'. This might make Cyclone hit too fast though, in which case you will want just the regular mod of '% increased attack speed', or you might even want to lose attack speed on your staff for this.

2) You could think about getting a staff with a synthesised implicit. Either '% to Quality of Socketed Gems' or '+1 to level of socketed support gems'. This should be enough to put you over the threshold. However, this does come with the downside of losing spell block.

3) This is probably a bad idea, but Second Wind is another way of getting Cooldown Recovery on the relics.
+ level of socketed support gems is a great idea for a staff base, I don't rely much on blocking any way. Necromancer reduced physical damage taken, infused channeling support, endurance charge crafts (later when is get to that point), and killing basic enemies before they do any harm.
Plus fast movement + overleech.

Would raise relic level as well... how do get a synthesized base?
Wasn't that heist?

Anyway, went with my second option for now unitil have more currency to work with. Recrafting the staff spent almost all my currency. Without counting an a 23q relic gem lvl 4 enhance in my setup is 66% more DPS, +I can easily run frenzy charges and have an easy time balancing attack speed around it.
But for endgame, using a synth staff might even make it possible to push consistent DPS well beyond 10 million.
I love playing relics for the predictably good results on a low budged, was never the one to get dozens of exalts a league... and around 10 can get a build like taht really far combined with an enjoable playstyle.
Just mow through everything and mosters die from the ripples you create. Just fun.
Last edited by Nephalon on Jan 31, 2021, 4:40:57 PM
Hi, cant understand why do people lvl up a static strike to level 20?
Hello! I've been using your guide, and I have been wondering about a couple of questions:

1 - What kind of alternate quality gems are worth it? Awakened Generosity seems like an obvious one to me, but what would be some others?

2 - If I don't yet have the necessary crafting option for the perfect warstaff available, what kind of "intermediate step" warstaff could I buy or craft? I'm still using two random sceptres and I really need to upgrade, so that I can also move the 6-link away from the body armor and buy a better one

3 - Is Kaom's really worth it, or is another body armor + defensive gem setups in the extra slots we gain better for this League?

Thanks a lot for making this guide and for being active in answering everyone's questions. You rock!
"
freerobux wrote:
would using the purity of elements aura from this be better than any of the mana reservation skill gems at any point?

Purity of elements just gives a little bit of resistances, which we usually have plenty of. I wouldn't really recommend using it at any point.
"
deshret wrote:
Hi, cant understand why do people lvl up a static strike to level 20?

Static strike's buff hits faster with higher gem levels. Some people make the cooldown of the relic's nova skill shorter and therefore want to level up Static Strike to optimize their DPS. The cooldown of the nova skill before Geofri's Legacy is also low enough that levelling up Static Strike above lvl 1 improves DPS.
"
Slna wrote:
Hello! I've been using your guide, and I have been wondering about a couple of questions:

1 - What kind of alternate quality gems are worth it? Awakened Generosity seems like an obvious one to me, but what would be some others?

2 - If I don't yet have the necessary crafting option for the perfect warstaff available, what kind of "intermediate step" warstaff could I buy or craft? I'm still using two random sceptres and I really need to upgrade, so that I can also move the 6-link away from the body armor and buy a better one

3 - Is Kaom's really worth it, or is another body armor + defensive gem setups in the extra slots we gain better for this League?

Thanks a lot for making this guide and for being active in answering everyone's questions. You rock!

1) Some alternative quality gems have already been mentioned in the build guide under the Gems section, but here are some others to consider:
- Anomalous Minion Damage Support
- Divergent Controlled Destruction Support
- Divergent/Anomalous Fortify Support

If what you meant instead was Awakened Gems, then pretty much all awakened gems are just better versions of default gems.

2) There's some intermediate options mentioned under Gear > Weapons. 6-link Femurs of the Saints or a 6-link warstaff with just the +1 mod should work.

3) Kaom's Heart is pretty cheap in recent times and it gives a huge chunk of health, so it's a very reliable option. I haven't played around too much with defensive gem setups in a socketed chest so I can't say with confidence what they provide over Kaom's Heart.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info