[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

hi Moosseolini,

i would like to thank you for this great build

i'm having lots of fun playing it and for a very casual player that doesn't have the time to learn all the stats and mechanics of the game, it's nice to find a build like this one :)

i started it standard but wanted to try ritual so i made it again,
for now, i'm playing with what i find and, when i die, it's mostly because i'm careless
i really think that this build will carry me where i haven't gone before and for a low cost too, yeah !!!! (my RNG luck is soooo bad lolll)

mayby it could help some people if there was a note in the leveling gems section to level enduring cry so it is ready to go when you need it

regards
Biereux
I must have missed something, some very confusing things here. To clarify - I am looking only at early mapping setup, I never make it past that in any case so for me late game setup is not relevant.

Why do you need both Cyclone and Static Strike? If I'm using Cyclone I can't be using Static Strike and vice-versa so I don't see why have both gem setups?

In "Gameplay" section you make it sound like I need to hit once with Cyclone and that will be enough, but for the relics to continue to do damage I have to continue using Cyclone and hitting the mobs, so why the talk about "dancing around"?

In the PoB you have in auras (in helmet) 3 gems that total 110% reserved mana but somehow you have only 95% reserved. I see in the PoB calculation section a 0.86 modifier for the reserved mana but I don't understand, where is that 0.86 coming from?

Finally with all due respect it is I think a bit disingenuous to show an "early mapping" setup with all 20/20 gems. I hit white maps with 17/0 gems... But I guess that is a limitation of PoB itself not being able to show multiple "gem-sets" the way it has item sets. At least you didn't show early mapping with ilvl 86 endgame gear. But a separate (and realistic) early maps PoB would be greatly appreciated.
"
Syperek wrote:
I was thinking about getting a corrupted Kaom's and I was wondering why you didn't mention +1 to all max resistances, doesn't that work quite well with Divine Flesh?

I also managed to get enough mana to reserve an additional aura and went with Aspect of the Spider, what else would you think I should upgrade?

I thought about getting a synthesised staff with +1 to support gems and crafting that, not sure how worth that is over 20% block chance. Maybe going Glancing Blows would work nicely without the additional block.

I was also thinking about swapping the Kaom's for Rotting Legion while mapping since the free onslaught could be benefitial, what do you think? And if you I'd swap, what minions should I use? Zombies + Spectres, Animated Guardian or maybe Stone Golem?

Again, thanks for the previous replies and the awesome build.

It's really hard to suggest improvements beyond the Endgame gear because scaling becomes really difficult at that point. I would personally go with your gut feeling and go for the upgrades you think would fix the largest issues with the build.

For a socketed chest, I think I would go for Summon Skeletons for damage, or Spectres + Animate Guardian for utility.

Also yes, the resistance corruption should have definitely been mentioned.
"
Biereux wrote:
Well i'm no expert but i guess the stats of the jewell to look at is the last one

Minions deal (35-45)% increased Damage
Minions have +(10-12)% Chance to Block Attack Damage
Minions have +(10-12)% Chance to Block Spell Damage

Notable Passive Skills in Radius are Transformed to
instead grant: Minions take 20% increased Damage

Idk if the minions will stay alive long

I don't see a good place to socket this jewel in while ignoring the downside. If you can avoid transforming your notables, this gem is great. Otherwise, it is a bit of a trap.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Jan 29, 2021, 7:19:25 PM
"
SolidStar wrote:
I must have missed something, some very confusing things here. To clarify - I am looking only at early mapping setup, I never make it past that in any case so for me late game setup is not relevant.

Why do you need both Cyclone and Static Strike? If I'm using Cyclone I can't be using Static Strike and vice-versa so I don't see why have both gem setups?

In "Gameplay" section you make it sound like I need to hit once with Cyclone and that will be enough, but for the relics to continue to do damage I have to continue using Cyclone and hitting the mobs, so why the talk about "dancing around"?

In the PoB you have in auras (in helmet) 3 gems that total 110% reserved mana but somehow you have only 95% reserved. I see in the PoB calculation section a 0.86 modifier for the reserved mana but I don't understand, where is that 0.86 coming from?

Finally with all due respect it is I think a bit disingenuous to show an "early mapping" setup with all 20/20 gems. I hit white maps with 17/0 gems... But I guess that is a limitation of PoB itself not being able to show multiple "gem-sets" the way it has item sets. At least you didn't show early mapping with ilvl 86 endgame gear. But a separate (and realistic) early maps PoB would be greatly appreciated.

The Gems sections explain the reasoning behind the activation setups. They also explain how we are able to get more reserved mana (Sovereignty passive wheel).

The Gameplay section was a bit unclear so I've updated that now. We do want to continuously keep moving on this build while hitting enemies; either when the Static Strike buff is up, or while channelling Cyclone.

PoB doesn't make it too easy to add different "Socket Group Sets" so I've tried to limit what I put in there. That being said, you're right, the gem levels aren't really for 'Early Mapping'. I might consider renaming the section to just 'Mapping' and adding a few comments to explain how progression throughout mapping should look like.
"
MikaelBox wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
roeshamboner wrote:
Hey sick build. I was wondering how do you deal with Uber Atziri? The relics die too fast to her bleed spear things and stormcalls.

Atziri in general is an absolute pain because there's very little breathing room during the fight to re-summon relics. The long re-summon animation has gotten me killed multiple times.

I think for this fight, it makes sense to get a bunch of gear with the mod "you and your minions take % reduced reflected physical damage", which can be found on Elder or Warlord body armour, or Hunter rings. This is so the relics don't immediately one-shot themselves on Atziri.

The relics can still die to other attacks, so I would suggest socketing in Convocation somewhere in the build (probably instead of Enduring Cry/Faster Casting). This way they can always be recalled to your location, helping them dodge Flameblasts and overlapping Storm Calls.

Finally, consider redistributing passive points and picking up a bunch more minion life and other minion defences.

One of this need to equip on Atziri's fight only

Your link was show " Reflect Elemental Damage ".
I try to put Fortress Covenant in cluster jewel I didn't see anything effect to notable.
So this mean as long as we put in cluster the negative effect does notthing right?
A question I still find myself asking is this:

Because you differentiate between an "Early Mapping" and "End-Game" Passive Tree, what is the "cut-off" point in your point of view, where you would switch from one to the other?

Currently I look at both trees and while I follow the north part of the early Mapping tree, in the south part I just don't take small nodes that I see in the "Early Mapping" but not in the "End Game" Passive Tree, like for example (But not limited to!) the small Life & Elemental Resistances node after Barbarism, the small Life & Armour node and the small Minion Damage & Accuracy node after Righteous Army.

When would you swap the north side of the passive tree from early Mapping to End-Game? Is it gear-related? Or jewel related? What's the criterion? :P
"
IrreparabIe wrote:
A question I still find myself asking is this:

Because you differentiate between an "Early Mapping" and "End-Game" Passive Tree, what is the "cut-off" point in your point of view, where you would switch from one to the other?

Currently I look at both trees and while I follow the north part of the early Mapping tree, in the south part I just don't take small nodes that I see in the "Early Mapping" but not in the "End Game" Passive Tree, like for example (But not limited to!) the small Life & Elemental Resistances node after Barbarism, the small Life & Armour node and the small Minion Damage & Accuracy node after Righteous Army.

When would you swap the north side of the passive tree from early Mapping to End-Game? Is it gear-related? Or jewel related? What's the criterion? :P

This is a part of the guide I'm not currently happy with because of that exact reason; it's too subjective to know what passives to use at any point of your progression.

I generally would say that the Endgame tree is what you want at level 95+, when you have all the jewels, cluster jewels, and your Endgame staff. Until then, it's mostly about being flexible with what you need from the build at the current point in time. If you feel like you're lacking damage, refund a few passives and grab some more minion damage. If you've got plenty of damage but are dying, grab some increased maximum life.

The north side of the tree can end up being less efficient to travel towards once you have cluster jewels to invest your passive points into, or you are a high enough character level (90 or so). At about this point, it ends up being more efficient to fill out the small nodes near the Marauder area as well as your cluster jewel.

"
tumplovejee wrote:
I try to put Fortress Covenant in cluster jewel I didn't see anything effect to notable.
So this mean as long as we put in cluster the negative effect does notthing right?

In that case, it's worth mentioning in the Jewels section.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info