[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
IrreparabIe wrote:
Hello Moosseolini,

another question round from me, sorry :P

Is there a specific reason that the Gems slotted in your End-Game Gear preview sometimes have Quality, sometimes don't and even if they do have Quality it is to varying levels (Not all are 20 or 20+)?

If you had to choose which Gem to get quality on first, which would you choose?

Also, what exactly does corrupting skill gems do? And why does the build care?

Quality on gems usually provides some minor benefit to the build depending on the gem (like some increased damage or increased attack speed).

The quality on some gems, like Empower, provides nothing useful (Empower quality gives increased experience gain for the gem itself).

Some quality can even be detrimental! Phantasmal Static Strike will get higher beam frequency with quality, which can end up plummeting your DPS if you do not optimize the hit rate.

Most gems can have up to 20 levels by default, and all gems can have up to 20 quality by default. Corrupting gems modifies the gems unpredictably. If you get lucky, you can get up to level 21 and up to quality 23 on your corrupted gem. This is highly valuable for gems which scale massively from levels.

I would suggest getting quality on gems whenever you can, but it's not a huge deal if you can't do this.

Hello Moosseolini,

thank you again for answering my questions, I see now how even game quality has its fine points one needs to consider.

I think I will try to get Quality on gems first that give more damage, rather than the normal Holy Relic where quality "only" gives more AoE reach.
Spoiler
I'm nitpicking, but in the endgame gem link section, Empower is blue but should be red. Thanks!

Edit: post updated, all good... nothing to see here!
Last edited by Chima on Feb 9, 2021, 8:19:10 PM
I'm so glad. Yesterday I got two main craft receipts for a staff. From The Pale Court I got first and second from trade by purchasing an item with Catarina's veiled mod. Then I very successfully removed the suffix and unnecessary prefix the first time with two Orbs of Annulment. And I successfully crafted my staff!

☠️
Last edited by MikaelBox on Feb 9, 2021, 11:43:33 PM
"
Chima wrote:
Spoiler
I'm nitpicking, but in the endgame gem link section, Empower is blue but should be red. Thanks!

Edit: post updated, all good... nothing to see here!

I pulled a sneaky on ya and updated the guide secretly to fix this. Thanks for pointing it out, as every little thing helps.
Hey guys can i use also spectres on 6 link in body armor instead of kaoms? What would be the best choice for spectres?
"
boberov15 wrote:
Hey guys can i use also spectres on 6 link in body armor instead of kaoms? What would be the best choice for spectres?

I am not a Spectre expert, but some spectres to look into could be the Undying Evangelist (Act 3 - Sceptre of God), Carnage Chieftain (Act 2 - Old Fields), and They of Tul (Tul's Domain).
Hi,

Weird question I know. Is it possible to play with smite with this build?
"
Gescom wrote:
Just hit lvl100 w this build in RSC today. Love it to death. :)

Thinking about same build again w Necro next, or possibly Champion, or maybe even getting really crazy. ^^

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Gescom/ToldYouNotToPeek?i=0&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DSummon-Holy-Relic

It's very much fun with necromancer as well, build variantions are endless.
Just don't think champion is a good choice, it has no minion life/defense and no offense beside the aura effect eighter.
Even the increased damage taken node is weakened by the fact we already have a lot of that anyway.

And always keep in mind the holy nova CDR.
I LOVE playing with enhance support, nova cooldown of 0.2 instead of the usual 0.33 with basic divergent relic is abolutely amazing.
After all, best supports are awakened brutality, awakened minion damage, awakened controlled destruction, and then? Predator... funtionality is useless on relics, only works on bosses... enhance works everywhere and gets a *1.6 multiplier for dps in the right setup.
"
Skaruz1 wrote:

Weird question I know. Is it possible to play with smite with this build?

You need to attack to make your relic attack. This means ~3.33 attacks per second. I don't really see it being achievable in a sane way without static strike beam pulse or cyclone.
Last edited by Gescom on Feb 12, 2021, 10:49:25 PM
"
Nephalon wrote:
"
Gescom wrote:
Just hit lvl100 w this build in RSC today. Love it to death. :)

Thinking about same build again w Necro next, or possibly Champion, or maybe even getting really crazy. ^^

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Gescom/ToldYouNotToPeek?i=0&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DSummon-Holy-Relic

It's very much fun with necromancer as well, build variantions are endless.
Just don't think champion is a good choice, it has no minion life/defense and no offense beside the aura effect eighter.
Even the increased damage taken node is weakened by the fact we already have a lot of that anyway.

And always keep in mind the holy nova CDR.
I LOVE playing with enhance support, nova cooldown of 0.2 instead of the usual 0.33 with basic divergent relic is abolutely amazing.
After all, best supports are awakened brutality, awakened minion damage, awakened controlled destruction, and then? Predator... funtionality is useless on relics, only works on bosses... enhance works everywhere and gets a *1.6 multiplier for dps in the right setup.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'll have to run some maths and Enhance and see what it does over a 21/23 Predator. I don't find Predator difficult to use.. it's not like more dmg is needed other than bosses. :D

I haven't mathed out Champion either, but I'll do that soon and come back. With two cluster jewel setups the position on the tree starts to become _somewhat_ irrelevant...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info