mojito000 wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
mojito000 wrote:
Geofri's legacy with 20% cd is 0.375 sec cd
3 attacks before cd refresh need 0.125 sec/hit
which is 8 aps
Is it worth go for 3 hits before cd reset? I mean i bought an attack speed gloves because I thought it will be hard to reach the target APS...

Personally I would go for 2 hits before refresh. This requires 0.1875s attack time, which is relatively easy to do for cyclone with just the staff that has an AS roll and no other sources of AS. 3 hits before refresh requires a bit too much investment, and I don't see the benefit of doing so (other than some sort of on-hit effects like life gain).

With my current gear it is easier to reach 3 hits per HR cd rather than 2... My only problem is I have 7.99 APS. I need 8 APS to hit the same exact time when the HR cd ends... So if im not wrong im at the worst possible hitrate possible. Ill need to divine my gear to hit 8 APS or higher to get the best damge. BTW APS gives movement speed for cyclone isn't it?

I see. The relic nova should be a bit lenient on the timings and will allow you to proc it even when you're not triggering it at perfect intervals.

Also, I've never heard of attack speed giving cyclone movement speed, but I could be wrong.
I thought if you have the slowest possible attack speed then you won't go as fast as someone who attack supper fast with cyclone. That was my thought process... (a seemingly stationary slow attackspeed with the same movement speed as a fast hitting one would look strange). W/e...

This might be known to you but i just found a cluster jewel with 4% chaos res (which is 5 with the 25% increased effect).. on a 11 or 12 passive cluster thats basically can max out your chaos res... (ill overcap my with like 40% unfortunately)

An other thing which is overkill : My Relics die a lot (still leveling etc..) so its a bit annoying to resummon them without enough mana... So i bought an unset ring with +2 to socketed gems (+1 compared to helm) and placed an enlighten 4 into the helm...

(Sorry if you wrote any of these into your guide and haven't noticed it)
Last edited by mojito000 on Jul 25, 2020, 8:55:44 AM
"
mojito000 wrote:
I thought if you have the slowest possible attack speed then you won't go as fast as someone who attack supper fast with cyclone. That was my thought process... (a seemingly stationary slow attackspeed with the same movement speed as a fast hitting one would look strange). W/e...

This might be known to you but i just found a cluster jewel with 4% chaos res (which is 5 with the 25% increased effect).. on a 11 or 12 passive cluster thats basically can max out your chaos res... (ill overcap my with like 40% unfortunately)

An other thing which is overkill : My Relics die a lot (still leveling etc..) so its a bit annoying to resummon them without enough mana... So i bought an unset ring with +2 to socketed gems (+1 compared to helm) and placed an enlighten 4 into the helm...

(Sorry if you wrote any of these into your guide and haven't noticed it)

That's a good cluster jewel, I'll pop it into the guide if you don't mind.

And yeah, the relic dying can be a problem with low gem levels on them. It gets better.
How does Holy Relic compare to a Dominating Blow build?
livejamie
Also I made this tonight :)

livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

"
livejamie wrote:

That's an amazing staff, would you like to describe how you made it?

As for how Holy Relics compare to Dominating Blow, I can't say with certainty as I've never played dominating blow, but here are my thoughts:

- Holy Relics use a spell to deal damage, while the Sentinels of Dominance use attacks to deal damage. This means there are more ways to scale the sentinels than the relics. For example, we can scale the sentinel damage with attack speed and impale, which we can't do for the relics.

- Holy Relics require a separate skill to trigger them, like cyclone or static strike, meanwhile the sentinels are summoned by the skill they originate from; Dominating Blow

- There are also no special uniques that interact with Dominating Blow, meanwhile the relic build is forced to use Geofri's Legacy.

- The relics clear quickly as they release a large nova when we hit an enemy with an attack, while the sentinels don't have such large aoe.

- Overall, I think dominating blow will deal more damage to bosses, but clear slower than holy relics. Depending on how you build dominating blow, it can also be squishier than this build.
So I just finished up this build with a few unique touch...

As I mentioned the chaos res on minion jewel is insane. Currently sitting on 110% total chaos res. Went a bit too crazy with the resistances too... (111% 111% 143%)... I don't know if there is a good mod for cobalt jewels other then minion damage... but if there is one then i missed it. Bought two with %life minion damage and area damage... I don't know if that increase the nova damage. The PoB doesn't tell so... So i just bought minion damage %life and resist jewels. So we could use a helpfull mod we haven't thought of. (jewels, rings glove, belt or boots... maybe something with movement speed for better clear)..

Anyways here is my gear:

Also im not sure if deathmark is proccing minion damage if used a minion skill recently ghastly eye jewel mod...

Placed enlighten 4 in helm with pride and zealotry. Flesh and stone in an unset ring and war banner into a free socket ( removed portal gem, placed in weapon swap.. ) I have reduced mana reserv in passive tree and pride mana reservation on amulet...

------
Edit

Just bought this boots.. Chance to gain onslaught isn't triggered by you :S

------
Edit 2

Made a quick mapping video... Used my old 30% movement boots but changed my mana flask to a silver flask with adrenaline... also dropped my banner because I couldn't place my portal in weapon swap... (relics would disappear..)

https://youtu.be/ODyajkyPgpI
Last edited by mojito000 on Jul 27, 2020, 5:56:06 PM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:

"
livejamie wrote:

That's an amazing staff, would you like to describe how you made it?

As for how Holy Relics compare to Dominating Blow, I can't say with certainty as I've never played dominating blow, but here are my thoughts:

- Holy Relics use a spell to deal damage, while the Sentinels of Dominance use attacks to deal damage. This means there are more ways to scale the sentinels than the relics. For example, we can scale the sentinel damage with attack speed and impale, which we can't do for the relics.

- Holy Relics require a separate skill to trigger them, like cyclone or static strike, meanwhile the sentinels are summoned by the skill they originate from; Dominating Blow

- There are also no special uniques that interact with Dominating Blow, meanwhile the relic build is forced to use Geofri's Legacy.

- The relics clear quickly as they release a large nova when we hit an enemy with an attack, while the sentinels don't have such large aoe.

- Overall, I think dominating blow will deal more damage to bosses, but clear slower than holy relics. Depending on how you build dominating blow, it can also be squishier than this build.

Thanks for the answers!

The staff is easy to make just takes some fracture RNG, but the garden makes it much more of a realistic option.

- You need a non-influenced i77+ Judgement Staff with +1 gems, you can buy one from trade for 1-5c, or it costs about 15c to Alt/Aug spam it.

- Use Garden Craft to Fracture +1 Gems, you can use the 3 Prefix one or 5 Mod one, the prefix one is ~70c, the other is ~15c on Forbiddenharvest/Reforge sites. You will brick a few but they can still sell (or make a good crafting project for yourself) if you get a good T1 or T2 mod fractured.

- Once you hit +1 gems you use Faceted Fossils until you hit +1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence gems, these are ~40c each

- One of our suffixes is flexible so if you get something good like +1 Strength Gems or Crit, Flat Strength, etc you can keep it - otherwise use garden annuls or regular annuls to get your staff with only the +1 Level of Socketed Gems and +1 Level of Socketed Intelligence Gems

- Multimod +2 Support and Minion Damage

- Attack annul and remove add attack until you get T1 Attack Speed, these should be ~5c-10c each
livejamie
This was a fun niche build to craft for, everything made from scratch.

I'm trying to get used to Static Strike but I'm not 100% yet.

The ring I'll put +1 Endurance Charges back on if I don't end up using Cyclone.

livejamie
Hi all, i use enduring cry with node in tree to make it instant, do i need minimum endurance charges on ring? i mean i cant go more than 3 with this? or its add 1 to maximum? thx for answer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info