[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Got myself to 98 in hhc playing relics, killed a8(not the cleanest, had to relog few times to re-summon relics, even at lvl 29 they tend to get one shotted by a last phase beam, still solid enought)
https://imgur.com/a/37DEPx3
Min-maxed build seems pretty smooth to play(using cyclone to map, shaper or whatever other easy content, using static for something that requires movement, like cortex and a8)
Damagevise its okay(got like 450k nova hit in pob, which is like 2.7m dps)
Tankiness is also just fine(using enduring with call to arms, got 100% freeze/chill/shock avoid+xibaqua, although phys mittigation is somewhat low w/o flask)
Downsides? relics tend to die a bunch, and sometimes u dont have mana to resummon them and it can be painfull xd.
Last edited by LostSinner666 on Jul 9, 2020, 4:31:23 AM
Hi.

Im in pretty high-end gear rn with 10k hp and 800k damage novas, but still looking to improve the build somehow. (Char in profile)

So, i was cheking my PoB and noticed, that a 2% increase in minion cast speed gives me around +3% dps to Holy Relics. And i just cant see how it could possibly be correct.

Holy Novas are instant casts with a strict cooldown, that is not affected by cast speed. So is PoB wrong about minion cast speed on holy relics? Or is it realy somehow improving their dps? If it is - could someone please explain to me, how exactly?

Also, managed to drop glancing blows, retaining 75% block without Bastion of Hope with this staff. 50% spell block. Feels like im almost unkillable in any encounters.
"
LostSinner666 wrote:
Got myself to 98 in hhc playing relics, killed a8(not the cleanest, had to relog few times to re-summon relics, even at lvl 29 they tend to get one shotted by a last phase beam, still solid enought)
Min-maxed build seems pretty smooth to play(using cyclone to map, shaper or whatever other easy content, using static for something that requires movement, like cortex and a8)
Tankiness is also just fine(using enduring with call to arms, got 100% freeze/chill/shock avoid+xibaqua, although phys mittigation is somewhat low w/o flask)
Downsides? relics tend to die a bunch, and sometimes u dont have mana to resummon them and it can be painfull xd.

That seems like a bit of a problem for HC. The relics end up having more than 15k ES and 30k life, so it's surprising that they still die.

I don't know whether this is worth it, but here are some changes I thought of:
1) Unallocating some minion damage nodes to pick up the 'Indomitable Army' cluster for more minion HP and resists.
2) Re-rolling the cluster jewel for both increased effectiveness and the 'Feasting Fiends' notable, so that relics can leech life.
3) Removing Zealotry and replacing it with Flesh and Stone + Aspect of the Spider. This will result in slightly less damage, but now we have some extra defensive tools.
4) Maybe fitting in Convocation somewhere into the gem setup could be useful to reposition the relics. I think we would have to replace Cast when Damage Taken.

Perhaps these changes are too difficult to implement, or end up being useless, but this is what comes to mind so far.
"
Austerlic wrote:
Hi.

Im in pretty high-end gear rn with 10k hp and 800k damage novas, but still looking to improve the build somehow. (Char in profile)

So, i was cheking my PoB and noticed, that a 2% increase in minion cast speed gives me around +3% dps to Holy Relics. And i just cant see how it could possibly be correct.

Holy Novas are instant casts with a strict cooldown, that is not affected by cast speed. So is PoB wrong about minion cast speed on holy relics? Or is it realy somehow improving their dps? If it is - could someone please explain to me, how exactly?

Also, managed to drop glancing blows, retaining 75% block without Bastion of Hope with this staff. 50% spell block. Feels like im almost unkillable in any encounters.

The relic nova casts as soon as you hit an enemy with an attack, and then goes on cooldown. Therefore, minion cast speed does not do anything for the DPS of the nova. To improve the hit rate of the nova, we have to get cooldown recovery speed instead of cast speed, like from Second Wind. I think this has to be an issue with PoB.

Also, yeah, that staff is crazy good. I'd be interested in knowing how you got it.
"
Moosseolini wrote:

The relic nova casts as soon as you hit an enemy with an attack, and then goes on cooldown. Therefore, minion cast speed does not do anything for the DPS of the nova. To improve the hit rate of the nova, we have to get cooldown recovery speed instead of cast speed, like from Second Wind. I think this has to be an issue with PoB.

Also, yeah, that staff is crazy good. I'd be interested in knowing how you got it.

Thanks for explaining, thought so but had my doubts =)

For that staff you need a ilvl 74-81 Maelstorm Warstaff base with +1 socketed gems and Incursion minion damage prefix. Then you remove all other modes via harvest crafting (Remove phys\fire etc.)

After that you craft quality (str+quality from crafting bench) and Hillock in transportation the staff to get 46% quality for easy 6-link with fusings. Then u replace the crafted mod with +2 lvl of support gems.

Now you have a staff with 3 needed prefixes and 0 suffixes. Since it's less then 82 ilvl - u cant get some redeemer unwanted mods, and u just slam redeemer exalt. You will get one of 3 suffixes - Spell block, Attack block or movement speed. Then slam "Augment random influence mod with lucky values" 2 more times.

Important note - if you get t2 block - you probably cant reroll it cheap. So u will have to live with that. Movement speed can be rerolled with "Remove speed" and then "Augment Influence mod". Dont try aug speed, since you can roll a much higher weighted attack speed

Besides, i had another similar staff with "intimidate on hit" and "unnerve on hit" until i realised i already have it from ascendancy xD
Last edited by Austerlic on Jul 9, 2020, 6:31:18 AM
"
Austerlic wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Thanks for explaining, thought so but had my doubts =)

For that staff you need a ilvl 74-81 Maelstorm Warstaff base with +1 socketed gems and Incursion minion damage prefix. Then you remove all other modes via harvest crafting (Remove phys\fire etc.)

After that you craft quality (str+quality from crafting bench) and Hillock in transportation the staff to get 46% quality for easy 6-link with fusings. Then u replace the crafted mod with +2 lvl of support gems.

Now you have a staff with 3 needed prefixes and 0 suffixes. Since it's less then 82 ilvl - u cant get some redeemer unwanted mods, and u just slam redeemer exalt. You will get one of 3 suffixes - Spell block, Attack block or movement speed. Then slam "Augment random influence mod with lucky values" 2 more times.

Important note - if you get t2 block - you probably cant reroll it cheap. So u will have to live with that. Movement speed can be rerolled with "Remove speed" and then "Augment Influence mod". Dont try aug speed, since you can roll a much higher weighted attack speed

Besides, i had another similar staff with "intimidate on hit" and "unnerve on hit" until i realised i already have it from ascendancy xD

First of all i like your way of thinking how to craft a somewhat different staff. At least this is very hard min-maxing if you taking into consideration, that you're actually safing one passive and probably a switch of the annoint on your amulet. didnt do the math right here if you can even change that one. but still..for me the investment seems kinda aweful.
"
Yelanah1992 wrote:

First of all i like your way of thinking how to craft a somewhat different staff. At least this is very hard min-maxing if you taking into consideration, that you're actually safing one passive and probably a switch of the annoint on your amulet. didnt do the math right here if you can even change that one. but still..for me the investment seems kinda aweful.

Well, it's not a must-have by any means. At some point players who spend a lot of time in PoE will have some extra currency with almost nothing to spent it on. And since all build upgrades at that point are usualy 15+ exalts worthy, it's time to get creative =) Speaking of exclusive crafts i also suggest to check this ring for Holy Relic build.

Was a much harder and complex craft, real pain in the arse

"
Austerlic wrote:
"
Yelanah1992 wrote:

Well, it's not a must-have by any means. At some point players who spend a lot of time in PoE will have some extra currency with almost nothing to spent it on. And since all build upgrades at that point are usualy 15+ exalts worthy, it's time to get creative =) Speaking of exclusive crafts i also suggest to check this ring for Holy Relic build.

Since you're moving the Kaom's route that i can totally understand with your double corrupt on it, i went for a socketed chest, that one i am wearing is not even a final one, i am progressing on a 2nd ring and a full STR chestpiece with t1 strength on it. If you feel like it, check out my cluster jewel..should be worth a lot at least. my future boots will have &strength on it, and i love going the influenced vermillion rings. should kinda boost be over 8.5k life.
as like you're saying correctly..i am investing into min-maxing right now. because all this stuff is barely needed i'd say.

BTW i am not going cyclone, therefore i did not like the minion dmg in the suffixes. i am thinking about even more AS to give it the last punch in terms of static strike ^^
Last edited by Yelanah1992 on Jul 9, 2020, 10:12:43 AM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
LostSinner666 wrote:

That seems like a bit of a problem for HC. The relics end up having more than 15k ES and 30k life, so it's surprising that they still die.

I don't know whether this is worth it, but here are some changes I thought of:
1) Unallocating some minion damage nodes to pick up the 'Indomitable Army' cluster for more minion HP and resists.
2) Re-rolling the cluster jewel for both increased effectiveness and the 'Feasting Fiends' notable, so that relics can leech life.
3) Removing Zealotry and replacing it with Flesh and Stone + Aspect of the Spider. This will result in slightly less damage, but now we have some extra defensive tools.
4) Maybe fitting in Convocation somewhere into the gem setup could be useful to reposition the relics. I think we would have to replace Cast when Damage Taken.

Perhaps these changes are too difficult to implement, or end up being useless, but this is what comes to mind so far.

Already starved on gem sockets to add something like flesh and stone(+ i do have blind from my medium cluster jool) and it seems like a waste.
IF to replace zealotry. i do go for avian+spider to keep up in damage or maybe even cat or crab instead of avian(dunno about crab thou, stacks wont be able to generate that fast since we r always getting hit)
Minion life cluster seems like a waste, couse their hp is not in issue, their base resists are.
Feasting fiends is an okay notable, yet it doesnt save relics from getting oneshotted xd.
"
Yelanah1992 wrote:
"
Austerlic wrote:
"
Yelanah1992 wrote:

Since you're moving the Kaom's route that i can totally understand with your double corrupt on it, i went for a socketed chest, that one i am wearing is not even a final one, i am progressing on a 2nd ring and a full STR chestpiece with t1 strength on it. If you feel like it, check out my cluster jewel..should be worth a lot at least. my future boots will have &strength on it, and i love going the influenced vermillion rings. should kinda boost be over 8.5k life.
as like you're saying correctly..i am investing into min-maxing right now. because all this stuff is barely needed i'd say.

BTW i am not going cyclone, therefore i did not like the minion dmg in the suffixes. i am thinking about even more AS to give it the last punch in terms of static strike ^^

Yeah, that jewel is pretty cool i'd say!

Didnt get your point about why if you are going Static Strike the minion damage is less valuable? Just to synch the cooldowns?

Also, about min-maxing. With Kaom's Heart i have 10k hp exactly, and without it dropping to 8500. So rn im considering some other option for a chestpiece, purely to increase my damage output. My 2 main choice are either Coming Calamity to replace one of the auras with lv 25 (up to 29 with corruptions) Herald of Purity for absurd single target damage, or Victario's influence, which would give me the possibility to add aspect of Spider or Blood and Sand alongway with lv30 generosity. What do you think? Or am i missing some other heavy-damage options? Consider currency unlimited =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info