[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Hey guys

I am getting super rekt by Baran (awk3). Maps are super fine up to T14, bosses also. But Baran... I do no dps, and I get one-shoted.

List of improvment I have in mind :
- more life here and there,
- +3 staff
- +1 amulet
- rings with Endurance Charge
- some lvl 21 gems maybe?
- an empower to replace brutality?

I have spend about 1-2 ex in gear, and I have 0 budget. So most of the ideas above are not possible for now.
Is there anything big I'm missing?
Should I just farm to get above mentionned gear and that's it?

Thanks for the help!
"
BobTheSilent wrote:
Hey guys

I am getting super rekt by Baran (awk3). Maps are super fine up to T14, bosses also. But Baran... I do no dps, and I get one-shoted.

- +3 staff
- +1 amulet

I have spend about 1-2 ex in gear, and I have 0 budget. So most of the ideas above are not possible for now.

Thanks for the help!

It is difficult to help you without seeing your character. Would you be able to import your character into Path of Building and then exporting the PoB code to me? Alternatively, you could make your profile public so that I can look at your gear and passive tree.
Thx for the reply!
Characters should be visible now.
"
BobTheSilent wrote:
Hey guys

- +3 staff
- +1 amulet

Thanks for the help!

u have to add Quality in your gems, u lose a lot of dps keeping them just level 20 without it.
U can improve a bit your rings too if u want. and use cyclone is a lot smoother the gameplay.
also change meat shield with empower not brutality, u get more dps with this combination + if u are lucky to get empower level 4 even more.
The only thing baran bothers me is that he drains my mana. eitherwise is not hard to do him really. This build got me to aw7 sirus with 1 death and i ll try aw8 and see how it goes. Trust me mate u need patience and everything will come with items etc.
Last edited by tokajero on Jul 7, 2020, 10:01:49 AM
"
BobTheSilent wrote:
Thx for the reply!

Your character is looking good. Here are some suggestions:
1) Get a level 21 Summon Holy Relic gem. This should be affordable if you look for level 21 gems without quality on the trade site.
2) Get a Chemist's Basalt Flask of Iron Skin to replace your mana flask. You can revert back to the mana flask on maps with no regen.
3) Get quality on your support gems.
4) Replace Meat Shield with Empower (lvl 4 if you can afford it, lvl 3 otherwise).
5) Get an amulet with '+1 to Level of All Intelligence Skill Gems'.
6) Craft '+2 to level of Socketed Support Gems' on your staff. This will cost 2 exalted orbs, and another 2 exalted orbs if you want to have the 'Minions deal % increased damage' mod together with it, but it will increase your damage by a lot.

Baran is also a tough conqueror to fight. Because lightning damage has high variance, he can sometimes just deal an insane amount of damage suddenly. Keep moving and try to anticipate his attacks by watching out for cues.

You probably won't be able to afford every upgrade listed here, start with what is within your budget. As tokajero has pointed out, have patience. Upgrades will come as you play, acquire more currency, and improve your skill gems.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
BobTheSilent wrote:
Thx for the reply!

Your character is looking good. Here are some suggestions:
1) Get a level 21 Summon Holy Relic gem. This should be affordable if you look for level 21 gems without quality on the trade site.
2) Get a Chemist's Basalt Flask of Iron Skin to replace your mana flask. You can revert back to the mana flask on maps with no regen.
3) Get quality on your support gems.
4) Replace Meat Shield with Empower (lvl 4 if you can afford it, lvl 3 otherwise).
5) Get an amulet with '+1 to Level of All Intelligence Skill Gems'.
6) Craft '+2 to level of Socketed Support Gems' on your staff. This will cost 2 exalted orbs, and another 2 exalted orbs if you want to have the 'Minions deal % increased damage' mod together with it, but it will increase your damage by a lot.

Baran is also a tough conqueror to fight. Because lightning damage has high variance, he can sometimes just deal an insane amount of damage suddenly. Keep moving and try to anticipate his attacks by watching out for cues.

You probably won't be able to afford every upgrade listed here, start with what is within your budget. As tokajero has pointed out, have patience. Upgrades will come as you play, acquire more currency, and improve your skill gems.

what he wrote is correct. i know u said u have no budget. understandable. do some mapping and currency will come + items. dont worry there is plenty of time ahead.

P.S
1)i dont have lots of budget too but i am happy with these items i have now. kinda the most expensive item of this build is the weapon. the other things are kinda lucky rolls.
2)you have good jewels too and i dont have that yet. i am jealous
First of all..i was already participating in here during the early start of harvest. now since i am getting tons or currency and into nearly all league mechanics, i'd say there are plenty of ways to craft your very own items by getting specific bases used in harvest crafting.
if you want to check out my profile and my character i would invite you to do so..
since it took me some time to get some AS on my cobalt jewels, static strike now feels much better in mapping and bossing context.
only advice i can give everyone swapping to "minion" builds...get your minion gem on the highest possible level..mine being 29 and maxed out, made things a lot easier for me.
actually i am still missing "minion dmg" on rings, which i am currently crafting on two bases i am holding and the labyrinth enchanchantment.
this should finally boost my damage by a lot.
All i want to share in honesty with you guys..whoever says,they can easily tank specific boss mechanics and they only "tickle", dont trust them.
I am currently running on 105%ChaosRes, being capped on 85% - when buffs being upped 90% phys mitigation and max% block.
Still...SirusA8 can kinda oneshot you. I just gave it a try yesterday, when i faced Sirus with my current build, facetanking everything he threw at me. All i can say is that youre relatively safe, yes, but youre not a god at least ;)

Last edited by Yelanah1992 on Jul 8, 2020, 2:50:09 AM
just what Yelanah said

u cant tank hard bosses abilities. especially Sirus

updated i just killed aw8 sirus in the 4th try. So its doable.. + oshabi from heart of grove one shot.

I run out of currency but i hope to be lucky in the next days because i need some jewels to find and change the neck/gloves for sure.
"
tokajero wrote:
just what Yelanah said

u cant tank hard bosses abilities. especially Sirus

updated i just killed aw8 sirus in the 4th try. So its doable.. + oshabi from heart of grove one shot.

I run out of currency but i hope to be lucky in the next days because i need some jewels to find and change the neck/gloves for sure.

Dont get me wrong. You can easily clear all content. Even SirusA8 is no problem at all. You just cant even facetank "everything" as former posters stated.
This is literally not doable.
I finally managed to craft up the first of my 2 rings. The 2nd one is on the fly.
Still need a new Cluster Jewel, i might invest in this evening. could probably boost me over 7.5k life and even more damage.
BTW guys. keep in mind upgrading Controlled Support, Minion Damage and Brutality Support to Awakening Gems if you can afford. This will greatly enhance your DPS as well.
"
Dont get me wrong. You can easily clear all content. Even SirusA8 is no problem at all. You just cant even facetank "everything" as former posters stated.
This is literally not doable.

i agree with u on that, thats what i meant. u cant facetank everything. and each player can see it himself that and not counting on others what always saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info