[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
"
punec wrote:
One more thing. How do I quote people when I reply to them? This forum is a little weird XD

press the Q button underneath their name :)

Oh hahah gotcha. Thanks :D
Oh boy, I think this build may have been killed :(

None of the masteries have generic %Increased Minion Damage, and our tree lost 38%...

really? :( i wanted to try this
"
snufflesms wrote:

None of the masteries have generic %Increased Minion Damage, and our tree lost 38%...

Iron will could help to compensate the 38% loss ? (strength's damage bonus applies to all spell damage as well)
"
nicoco wrote:
"
snufflesms wrote:

Iron will could help to compensate the 38% loss ? (strength's damage bonus applies to all spell damage as well)

Minions don't benefit from our increased spell damage.
Briefly skimming over the tree data, it looks like we lost about 30% minion damage on the tree that we were taking, but we got 10% more minion area of effect, 16% minion life, 2% chance to deal double damage to compensate. We can do better damage with a bit of re-pathing most likely, but we likely need to allocate 3 more passive points than before to get back to the same damage. Minion Offence Masteries are all unfortunately underwhelming for us.

Block is a bit more available for us from passives, and the passives we already take all went up by 1% block each approximately. This makes us a bit more tanky which is always welcome. Staff Masteries are okay, we can get some recovery on block as well as increased defences.

The reservation changes combined with various masteries will likely end up meaning that we can reserve an additional 50% of auras. I'm planning to make this Determination in the build guide, but there are other options, for example Flesh and Stone + Aspect of the Spider for damage.

Sanctum of Thought + an Armour Mastery + Chest corruption means we can completely negate enemy critical multiplier on crits against us, which is huge survivability wise.

Life masteries are mostly underwhelming for us. Regenerating life while moving seems like the one mastery we want.

Along with the buff to awakened gems, I'm planning to keep the average damage around 600k while making us much tankier with more armour, better crit damage reduction, and better life recovery.
"
snufflesms wrote:

The buffs to Awakened Minion Damage and Awakened Brutality more than make up for the reduced damage. And we gained other stuff from the tree. Overall, except for the loss of easy Fortify, this build got buffed.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
Briefly skimming over the tree data, it looks like we lost about 30% minion damage on the tree that we were taking, but we got 10% more minion area of effect, 16% minion life, 2% chance to deal double damage to compensate. We can do better damage with a bit of re-pathing most likely, but we likely need to allocate 3 more passive points than before to get back to the same damage. Minion Offence Masteries are all unfortunately underwhelming for us.

Block is a bit more available for us from passives, and the passives we already take all went up by 1% block each approximately. This makes us a bit more tanky which is always welcome. Staff Masteries are okay, we can get some recovery on block as well as increased defences.

The reservation changes combined with various masteries will likely end up meaning that we can reserve an additional 50% of auras. I'm planning to make this Determination in the build guide, but there are other options, for example Flesh and Stone + Aspect of the Spider for damage.

Sanctum of Thought + an Armour Mastery + Chest corruption means we can completely negate enemy critical multiplier on crits against us, which is huge survivability wise.

Life masteries are mostly underwhelming for us. Regenerating life while moving seems like the one mastery we want.

Along with the buff to awakened gems, I'm planning to keep the average damage around 600k while making us much tankier with more armour, better crit damage reduction, and better life recovery.

Yeah fair enough, end game probably will be fine, but I think the league start leveling will be a lot rougher now, early on we relied on those % Minion Damage nodes to carry before getting + Gem Level gear.
Last edited by snufflesms on Oct 18, 2021, 8:37:37 AM
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Thanks for your view on 3.16 with this build.
I'm very new to it so I may ask a stupid one but : have you already considered revers knockback cyclone to through all mobs directly in the relics aura ?
"
snufflesms wrote:
Yeah fair enough, end game probably will be fine, but I think the league start leveling will be a lot rougher now, early on we relied on those % Minion Damage nodes to carry before getting + Gem Level gear.

Our relics will be doing a bit less damage while levelling, but that's fine as they mostly clear white packs while levelling anyway. If anything, levelling may be smoother now, as we should be able put more support gems into Herald of Purity with the new reservation changes, which was our single target while levelling before.

To make it clear though, our early mapping/endgame transition will be a little worse due to the damage nerfs on the passives that we use.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 18, 2021, 8:48:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info