[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Hey man, awesome build. I have a question tho. Can this build work with a scepter/mace and shield setup? Or is the staff a requirement? Sry I'm kinda new to the game and wanted to go with something of a theme - a crusader with his mace and shield kind of thing and this build looks like a lot of fun but I was wondering about the weapon choice? I'm guessing since there won't be a 6 link on the weapon than it would have to be another amor and I was thinking of something like The Belly of the Beast to keep the high HP pool. Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm being stupid it's just quite confusing still
Aaand I just read the armors section of the build so that cleared my armor question.
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
Personally I think that we do not know yet how tanky we can build with the new changes to armor & talent tree. I think the fortify nerf only is noticeable during early mapping.

Fortify is extremely useful against bosses, not just early mapping

It's not about the usefulness if you have charged, but about the question "what's the ailment immunity threshold of the monster being attacked".

For instance, Sirus has a threshold of 25 million damage, which results in a required minimum damage of about 1410 per hit in order to generate a single Fortify stack. Of course, many mobs (especially in early maps) will probably have much lower thresholds - even if the threshold is 5 Million damage, going as low as 300 damage on a single hit will ensure generating a fortification stack.

If anyone wants to play with the numbers - the formula for shock effect is 0.5*(D/T)^0.4, where D is our incoming damage and T is the mob's threshold. As I understand the patchnotes, getting above 0.01 as a result of the formula will generate at least a single Fortification stack.

I read Weatherboy420's comment as "Fortify will still be a decent defensive layer in many occasions" (and I'd add: "but not against endgame bosses").
Last edited by HatMatter on Oct 17, 2021, 5:49:15 AM
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
buy a +1 support synthesised weapon and craft +1 +2 again, let enhance be lvl. 8, with that you get enough cooldown to hit 0.2 sec - from the vid comments.

Yeah, sure, as I said you need a lvl 8 enhance. Which can be achieved with a synthesised staff, but I'm not sure it's the wisest thing to do: the +20% spell block is a huge survivability boost, and while it's nice to also have a +1 SHR level from Empower, the CDR on relics is fairly negligible (0.23 to 0.2), I'm not sure it's worth to lose spell block for that.

It is definitely not worth, staff all the way.
"
HatMatter wrote:

It's not about the usefulness if you have charged, but about the question "what's the ailment immunity threshold of the monster being attacked".

For instance, Sirus has a threshold of 25 million damage, which results in a required minimum damage of about 1410 per hit in order to generate a single Fortify stack. Of course, many mobs (especially in early maps) will probably have much lower thresholds - even if the threshold is 5 Million damage, going as low as 300 damage on a single hit will ensure generating a fortification stack.

If anyone wants to play with the numbers - the formula for shock effect is 0.5*(D/T)^0.4, where D is our incoming damage and T is the mob's threshold. As I understand the patchnotes, getting above 0.01 as a result of the formula will generate at least a single Fortification stack.

I read Weatherboy420's comment as "Fortify will still be a decent defensive layer in many occasions" (and I'd add: "but not against endgame bosses").

We can get our Static Strike beam damage to be a little above 400, and Cyclone to about 550, if we take the Spritual Aid notable. It sounds like we can generate Fortification stacks against white mobs then, but not really against anything that takes us a while to kill. Due to fortify's 5 second base duration, and the ability to stack only every 0.2 seconds, we'll have to either gain 2 stacks per hit, or find ways of increasing the base duration, to have it permanently while mapping.

We'll also have to see what this "large bonus to fortification stack generation against rare and unique monsters" is going to be from the patch notes.

Fortify may help while mapping then, but we probably can't generate it vs bosses.
"
punec wrote:
Hey man, awesome build. I have a question tho. Can this build work with a scepter/mace and shield setup? Or is the staff a requirement? Sry I'm kinda new to the game and wanted to go with something of a theme - a crusader with his mace and shield kind of thing and this build looks like a lot of fun but I was wondering about the weapon choice? I'm guessing since there won't be a 6 link on the weapon than it would have to be another amor and I was thinking of something like The Belly of the Beast to keep the high HP pool. Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm being stupid it's just quite confusing still

I suppose you could do it with a sceptre and shield. The changes required for such a build would be to put the holy relic setup in a Skin of the Lords chest. Then you'd want to use one of the early mapping sceptres in your main hand and a shield in your off-hand (with stats like life, block, and so on). Then since you're not using a staff anymore, get the shield related block nodes on the passive tree rather than the staff nodes.

This may be a somewhat sub-optimal setup but it's possible you could get away with it. Let me know if you'd like a PoB.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
punec wrote:

This may be a somewhat sub-optimal setup but it's possible you could get away with it. Let me know if you'd like a PoB.

I did this for my league start, I kinda got away with it: https://pastebin.com/A48hxpzD

This is by no means optimized, but just a snapshot what worked for me (until my relics started dying, at which point I decided not to invest further although I could have).

The main idea was:

- Get a Tabula as cheap 6L
- Stack up attack block and some spell block to get some value out of Glancing blows
- Use a shield that has "life gain on block" as a defensive layer
- Use cyclone + The Stampede to roomba through maps. This is not neccesarily tied to the shield route, I just liked the playstyle

Extra notes:

- The weapon is actually a leftover of me pivoting into another guardian build. I believe I used a dagger with attack speed (1.5 aps), +1 to all spell skill gems and bench-crafted +44% increased minion damage. I don't have it in PoB though. Getting to the right attack speed with cyclone is key here (attack time just above 0.2s, or attack speed just below 5 attacks per second)
- The 12 Passive cluster jewel with 25% increased effect is just my preferred way to store skill points in a regret-friendly way and should be replaces
Aha thanks for the reply. No I don't want to bother you I'll try to do it on my own. Thanks again :)
Last edited by punec on Oct 17, 2021, 2:31:52 PM
One more thing. How do I quote people when I reply to them? This forum is a little weird XD
"
punec wrote:
One more thing. How do I quote people when I reply to them? This forum is a little weird XD

press the Q button underneath their name :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info