[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
Personally I think that we do not know yet how tanky we can build with the new changes to armor & talent tree. I think the fortify nerf only is noticeable during early mapping.

How do we feel about swapping out Predator for max lvl Enhance support gem in our 6L whilst using divergent version of holy relic for that 0,1 sec CD? Ill personally go that route this league.

Fortify is extremely useful against bosses, not just early mapping

I don't think you can get 0.1 sec CD. The most you should be able to get is 0.23. I have a 21/20 divergent SHR, a lvl 4 enhance, a +20% CD geofri's, and I'm at 0.23.

"
Moosseolini wrote:
I was under the impression that not many enemies have physical damage reduction, just a very tiny amount of armour. PoB is telling us we'll do more Sirus DPS, so I'm not complaining.

I think damage reduction is like resistances, it can go negative. So a -15% phys red is at least a 15% more damage (and higher for those that do have phys reduction already)

EDIT: correction, I was wrong, it cannot go below 0. It's still useful against bosses, though.
Last edited by Teschioz on Oct 15, 2021, 11:27:35 AM
0.2 cd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGaGz9LzhHw
👀
Hi,
first of all thank you for the build, I have played it for second time now and I really enjoy it.
But I would like to ask if you noticed the witch holy relic build - I saw Octavian and Ghazzy go the witch way. Why do you think they chose her over templar?
"
Hi,
first of all thank you for the build, I have played it for second time now and I really enjoy it.
But I would like to ask if you noticed the witch holy relic build - I saw Octavian and Ghazzy go the witch way. Why do you think they chose her over templar?

I had a very quick look over two PoB builds I could find, those being Ghazzy's "Zero 2 Hero" build and Octavian's HC build, from their respective YouTube channels.

In both cases, they seem very budget oriented, which is where Witch shines. If you don't really have gear, then the Necromancer ascendancy is going to give you an incredible amount of damage and tankiness. The 'Unnatural Strength' node gives something like 35% more damage alone.

What Necromancer lacks on the other hand is some very useful utility. Necromancer does have good utility on the ascendancy tree but it's rarely picked up. We don't usually get more minion area of effect, stun immunity, elemental resistances, huge curse effect reduction, or rapid life regen. None of these make us directly tanky (aside from the regen I suppose), or deal more damage, but are huge quality of life which make playing the game smoother.

In short, I think the raw tankiness and dps of Necro is why they chose her. It is definitely better than Guardian's, though it comes at the cost of some quality of life stats.
"
denhol wrote:

According to PoB, the only way to get 0.2 sec CD is to somehow have a lvl 8 enhance (including bonus levels), or extra quality of socketed gems on the staff. A lvl 7 enhance (lvl 4 base + 3 from the staff) and a 23% quality divergent SHR will give you 0.23 sec.
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Hi,

I had a very quick look over two PoB builds I could find, those being Ghazzy's "Zero 2 Hero" build and Octavian's HC build, from their respective YouTube channels.

In both cases, they seem very budget oriented, which is where Witch shines. If you don't really have gear, then the Necromancer ascendancy is going to give you an incredible amount of damage and tankiness. The 'Unnatural Strength' node gives something like 35% more damage alone.

What Necromancer lacks on the other hand is some very useful utility. Necromancer does have good utility on the ascendancy tree but it's rarely picked up. We don't usually get more minion area of effect, stun immunity, elemental resistances, huge curse effect reduction, or rapid life regen. None of these make us directly tanky (aside from the regen I suppose), or deal more damage, but are huge quality of life which make playing the game smoother.

In short, I think the raw tankiness and dps of Necro is why they chose her. It is definitely better than Guardian's, though it comes at the cost of some quality of life stats.

Thank you for this extensive response. So right now I am trying to figure out if I will try the witch aproach as a league start - since you said it is a budget oriented and maybe be able to recycle some of the gear later for templar.
"
Thank you for this extensive response. So right now I am trying to figure out if I will try the witch aproach as a league start - since you said it is a budget oriented and maybe be able to recycle some of the gear later for templar.

I'd say it's mostly personal preference at the end of the day, both should work fine for both league start and endgame.
necro seems more DPS and guardian more defensive...on top of the +2 from ascendancy, necro will get another +2 from the skin of the loyal they use
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
denhol wrote:

According to PoB, the only way to get 0.2 sec CD is to somehow have a lvl 8 enhance (including bonus levels), or extra quality of socketed gems on the staff. A lvl 7 enhance (lvl 4 base + 3 from the staff) and a 23% quality divergent SHR will give you 0.23 sec.

buy a +1 support synthesised weapon and craft +1 +2 again, let enhance be lvl. 8, with that you get enough cooldown to hit 0.2 sec - from the vid comments.
"
Weatherboy420 wrote:
buy a +1 support synthesised weapon and craft +1 +2 again, let enhance be lvl. 8, with that you get enough cooldown to hit 0.2 sec - from the vid comments.

Yeah, sure, as I said you need a lvl 8 enhance. Which can be achieved with a synthesised staff, but I'm not sure it's the wisest thing to do: the +20% spell block is a huge survivability boost, and while it's nice to also have a +1 SHR level from Empower, the CDR on relics is fairly negligible (0.23 to 0.2), I'm not sure it's worth to lose spell block for that.
Last edited by Teschioz on Oct 17, 2021, 4:27:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info