Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

I'm holding my pog about arc buff.
Can't wait!
These summoner nerfs are way too harsh. Should have nerfed the overpowered summoner gear/skill tree combo's, instead of minions directly. Minions themselves were in a good spot, survivability wise.

Changes like these really remove all the fun from starting a new league. Not just that, but you guys are making it more and more a requirement to go for the top tier gear just to be able to play the game. Not good!

Leagues are starting to require more and more investments, for me it is almost up to where I one day will say: "This is too much." And with investment I mean: Having to figure out a new build every league, builds requiring more and more gear investments, more grindier challenges/RNG challenges, etc. Leagues last three months, at some point it is going to be too much.

PS: Could you guys please fix the login on this website, I keep having to log in twice for some reason(including two captcha). First time it just reloads the loginscreen without actually logging in.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Dec 10, 2019, 2:36:00 AM
"
nanakiinu wrote:
"
LoloJolo wrote:
Why?
It taking me 2 days to pass story!

REMOVE XP LOSS ON DEATH FOR SOFTCOVER LEAGUE!!!!

I'm player with DISABILITIES!
WHY YOU CONTINUING MAKING GAME UNPLAYABLE AND PAINFUL!?
What is wrong with you GGG?

I'M FEEL I'LL DROP THIS GAME!
I SPENT MORE THAN $500 supporting you for WHAT?

If Somebody WANT HARDCORE PLAY - LET THEM PLAY HARDCORE!
I didn't feel THAT GAME IS EASE! I STOPPED ON LEVEL 98 AND PLAYED MORE THAN MONTH ON THE SAME LEVEL 98 BECAUSE OF 1 SHOT DEATH FROM LAGS OR REGULAR MONSTERS WITH SUMMONER WITH 7.0K HP POOL AND 97+% RESISTANCE!

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!
GGG PREPARING GAME FOR PAY TO WIN!

1. its always, to my knowledge, been part of the game.
2. You dying is not at all in anyway making the game pay to win.
3. HC when you die that character is gone, not an xp loss, just gone completely. So where would that mechanic which makes sense go? It should always stay in core.

Cmon guys who respond to this post. Serioisly? You were just trolled.
Boo to "Monster Resistances, Armour and Life" ... I think the Bosses are already hard enough. But seeing the top tier players melt them, yes, I see how they might seem too weak. Not everyone can afford to buy or roll the top tier meta gear to melt Bosses though.

Why not just make the Map Boss Map Mod Rolls more challenging instead? Vanilla bosses stay the same but Magic and Rare and Corrupted modded-maps get more dangerous Bosses and Better Drops from them?

I guess cuz Metamorph is a Boss-Killing league and people are going to focus more on single-target and survivability than the usual Clear Speed meta, though, I guess for this league the Bosses can't be too easy or it loses the point of the league.
Excellent read. Excellent communication.
Let's see how these changes turn out in game. :)
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Garash wrote:
Been practicing leveling for 2 days revolving around OoS, onslaught, stormblast mines and perhaps LTS and they all got nerfed lol

Me too :D

I was never into racing but wanted to reach endgame asap this league.

Any ideas on what to do now?
"
GGG balance team apparently doesnt play their game,

They seem to watch streamers/youtuber builds, and how they make everything look easy, but they forget they play 6-10 hours a day.

And then they make the game more difficult, exactly in a ''Boss league'',
Man good thing im not a Hardcore player myself.

Its funny, everyone complains about how shitty boss loot is, and they to the opposite thing, Buffing bosses, but dont talk about the rewards OMEGALUL

I predict low tier metamorph boss farming, cus higher tiers will be oneshotting everyone and is not worth it

Agree.

But looking at some of those new Uniques that have pretty much all good and no bad ... probably gonna be worth it.

Still, yeah, those of us with jobs NOT playing PoE, even when we are decent players with a long history of playing, we just don't have the time to level and farm and trade the way the top tier players do.

Don't make it Harder; give us more Diversity.

At least on that point, I am excited for MetaMorph. We've been AOE kill ASAP for too many leagues, it's nice to see single target and survivability be the meta for once. If metamorph becomes core, that would diversify the types of characters we build totally.

Why buff melee just to take it away a couple leagues later? MAKES NO SENSE

Next, GGG keeps doubling down on the same fixes that keep making things worse. By lowering DPS and increasing monster health it will just result in people putting more points into DPS.

Bring balanced builds back into the game by bringing back defense. Defense has been nerfed to the point it is absolutely stupid to put points into it.

Drop one shot boss mechanics.

Install diminishing returns for builds that are burying the DPS meters without hurting builds doing normal levels of DPS.
My grain of salt, and rough reaction

You guys should look into the gap between a semi casual gamer, this mean a guy playing like up to 8h a day for a couple of weeks, and the "Streamer name here" 16h/day super effective rolling on infinite resource type of guy.
The usual 20k to 350k build usual player access compared to the 1Mil because he can throw 20ex each couple of days in a build.

This is what you should fix and balance really, not give 5% more dps to "skill name", or 1% more effectiveness to "mechanism name here".

That would be a good manifesto. Between i think this issue cropped because the game switched from a hardcore game, into a league/leader board reset each 6m. But the investment value was never adjusted, thus Mr streamer can afford it but us normal scrubs can't (because that would mean this build would have to played in default league for years of improvement but can't). This "manifesto" should have come years ago, but never did.

Apart for that 10/10 for effort, no really, i wish more companies in gaming was like GGG.
Last edited by Halagaz on Dec 10, 2019, 2:51:52 AM
how did i know that by "balance" you mean making the game harder. the only people who want the game "harder" are people who already put in 10-12 hours a day. the game SHOULD be easy for them, they put it in the time. if they WANT it to be harder then it currently is they can go PAY for a private server and make it harder. the other 99% of players shouldn't have to deal with this.

look at your stats GGG, you keep going this way and there wont be any casuals to fund the trade system anymore and the 1% you keep feeding wont be able to enjoy the game as they do right now...at least not without 500% more bots playing the game.

again, STOP FEEDING the 1% of players. even if they left the game it wouldn't even matter. play for the other 99% of people who want to play but can't because they don't have 8+ hours to throw at the game every single day to get anywhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info