Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

OoS and Stormblast getting nerfed was almost certain, personally do not care (I have tried and liked it but pretty much end up using my endgame skills at some point).

I do wonder though how hard the Armor changes on monsters / bosses will affect bleed. I wanted to try a bleedquake as a starter, while cheap in any case I hope the damage will not suffer so hard that it is completely unviable now.

Someone please enlighten me why GGG is so hell bent on making the game super hard and nerfing everything that is "strong" instead of bringing up some skills to be on par. Powercreep is a thing yes, but I do not understand the mentality of "we want more people to play the game" and at the same time "only .5% should be able to get xx challenges or beat boss xy".

I feel many POE players are already not casual in the strictest sense (the true casual probably still runs after seeing the tree for the first time), the 1% of racers will always find some skill to abuse / optimize and as many have written, the top 1% with 1000 Ex will always find item combos to obliterate any boss / content. It really does seem that all balance changes always revolve around this small player base and the meta skills that a lot of people (casuals probably included) play.

I understand a boss should be challenging, challenges should be challenging. I consider myself semi-casual - I play alot, try to do the challenges and amass enough currency to get the items for a build. I will probably never farm a mirror on day 3 though. While bitching is usual pre-launch and the nerfs usually are not that bad, this time I too am a little worried that I will have a much harder time to get anywhere.
"
dragothica wrote:
Raise Spectre - 3rd Spectre at level 25 instead of level 21 gem level.

Isn't that a quite massive nerf? Gem level 25 sounds like it's very far in the end game, like player level 95 equivalent or so.

Was it really necessary to change it? I'm just quite a bit concerned..

21 gem level
+2 levels from necro ascendancy
+1 convoking wand
+1 delve boots
problem is that this change is hurting build diversity, because it will be more complicated to get 4 spectres outside of necro ascendancy. stupid change.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Level 25 for a third spectre? Might as well have just capped the Raise Spectre gem at 2 so far as I'm concerned. I don't think I've ever had a gem's effective skill level hit 23, and the only reason I don't say 22 is that I could probably log into Standard, find a level 20 Raise Spectre gem, and slap it on an appropriate Necromancer to get 22.
"
Thelegendofn wrote:
pog

Not the word I would use. More like...homogenize, boring, nerf, ruin,lame, questionable, wtf....I can go on.

And wtf is with the fascination with making campaign bosses " more challenging"? It's all just in the way to getting to mapping, where finally all your play time isn't a complete waste of time.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 10, 2019, 1:42:13 AM
"Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers"

Does that mean multimod + 2 crafted modifiers

or

multimod + 3 crafted mods

please quote me so I get msg need to know thx

Last edited by apexmateria1 on Dec 10, 2019, 1:41:51 AM
Multimod nerf has been needed for a while now. its been alt spam 1-2 mods then regal and annul, multimod cause its been extremely powerful for way to long. unless you needed/wanted a special mod a unique offered theres been zero reason to even consider using any weapon other then a multimodded one.

they killed spectres for me when they changed the +1 spectres mod on crafted boots. havent played a spectre build since. guess i'll have to see if they fucked over my 2h zombie mace by changing the mod on already existing crafted items again.

these changes to already crafted items fuck players in standard that may have spent a considerable amount of time and currency crafting items to only have them screwed over. just another push to have them quit and/or play forced meta beta test temp leagues.
Sweet
bows
Blight - boost necros
CotA - nerf necros, boost bows
next - nerf bows, boost ...

HYPE HYPE HYPE
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
"

And wtf is with the fascination with making campaign bosses " more challenging"? It's all just in the way to getting to mapping, where finally all your play time isn't a complete waste of time.

that's the trick.. the trick is to hold you to get to what actually matters.. to discourage people doing several builds in 1 league but when in truth casual players barely complete their 1st one..

basically to keep you playing.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Dec 10, 2019, 1:46:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info