Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Changes seem fine actually. Wanted to bitch about something cause it's bee a bit of a crappy week, but can't put myself to it.

Shock and chill buffs for non-crit builds whoop-whoop!
I'm thinking to start league with arc mines before this manifesto released...
And now arc buffed, POG.
Thanks GGG.
I'm soo happy about all those nerfs(hope to see more), they're logically correct, keep the great job u doing, the more harder the game become, the more fun u'll get. Thanks to all GGG team for everything, keep it up! Don't listen to whiners/casuals, if they don't like nerfs, they should play some shitty game like D3.
IGN: Rngrofl
3.8 - winnion league
3.9 - bow league
also 3.9 - RIP melee
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Well, I was never able to reach Uber Elder or Shaper and if everything is now harder to kill, I don't think I'll see end game this league either.
"
nGio wrote:
I see a lot of nerfs to builds and player power, and I don't really see why. This is primarily a single player game, and it's supposed to be a modernized D2. D2 was about the quest to become a god, and getting that 141 Shako to replace your 140.

Artificial difficulty in the form of "get one shot more!" or "hold this button down longer!" doesn't serve a purpose imo. Every game and genre doesn't need to have some wannabe LoL Worlds competitive balance. This just isn't that kind of game, and that's okay.

Yeah, a lot of people are going to leave on this one. Metamorph should be renamed, Metaabysmal.

Nerfing the defenses on Melee put me over the edge. I don't care for spell casters, ranged builds or summoners. I like melee. I had 1 viable shaper melee build and now that's been torn up.

GL with that stupid shit GGG.
"
nGio wrote:
I see a lot of nerfs to builds and player power, and I don't really see why. This is primarily a single player game, and it's supposed to be a modernized D2. D2 was about the quest to become a god, and getting that 141 Shako to replace your 140.

Artificial difficulty in the form of "get one shot more!" or "hold this button down longer!" doesn't serve a purpose imo. Every game and genre doesn't need to have some wannabe LoL Worlds competitive balance. This just isn't that kind of game, and that's okay.

not anymore.. it's a shooter arpg with now tower defense included.

we can argue about how they call this balance and their words at exilecon but it's not gonna change alot, this changes are mostly aimed to retain players online keeping them in game with "hard" content while the unhealthy practices guy with over 700+ hours every league is barely gonna feel anything.. it's weird tho they are kinda trying to target a casual audience at twitch but now the changes arent exactly casual friendly..

the logic of this dev's not sure if it's reaching to activision blizzard levels yet.. but clearly they are trying to since "balancing your game around e-sports" is a thing, a thing that sink games.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Been practicing leveling for 2 days revolving around OoS, onslaught, stormblast mines and perhaps LTS and they all got nerfed lol
I agree with what others said. My builds are low dps, don't have much currency, and usually struggle by the time I get into red maps... Making enemies tougher is a change for da' rich boys, while it will ruin the gameplay for those who don't choose the "Path of min/max".

Last edited by 0000000100 on Dec 10, 2019, 1:21:09 AM
"
dostov wrote:
"Orb of Storms, Lightning Spire Trap, Onslaught Support, Smoke Mine and Stormblast Mine are being reduced in power at low levels, but will be around as effective late game."

hahahahaha, balancing skills based off of a small % of players that race is such a brilliant way to run a game.

What makes you think that is just a racing thing? Non-racing players also use the most efficient leveling skills then switch to their actual build at higher levels.

GGG sees the stats on how many people are doing exactly that and makes this kind of change based on widespread player choices.

Imagining that it is directly solely at racers is just silly.
Last edited by Qiox on Dec 10, 2019, 1:24:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info