3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

"
Spasko wrote:
"
"
Spasko wrote:
Torstein, what about Aspect of carnage? Thought it was the most OP Berserker ascendancy? It's like 700k more dps in PoB (on your character). I know it's intentional not specing into it but can't get the idea behind it :)

I think it's not worth doing. War Bringer and Pain Reaver are too good to be skipped for more damage which is not an issue.
You won't get the feel that build is bad if your damage is little off, but it will feel like sh*t if you are dying no matter the damage.

What I meant was Aspect of carnage instead of Blitz. Guess I'm not getting how important Blitz actually is and why. It's 700+ dps on your char in PoB if I unallocate Blitz and allocate Aspect of Carnage.

I actually discussed blitz with Torstein because I felt the build was a bit 'sluggish' for my taste. Trust me he was right when he told me 'just wait until you get blitz'.

It's such a huge QoL and makes the whole build feel much smoother.

If you really want to go with carnage I would be more inclined to skip the warbringer for it and war cries in total, this would also save 3 points on the passive tree. However keep in mind it will make you allot squisher, gives you less recovery options and less reliable endurance charges which are really good in this build.
Last edited by foojin on Jan 8, 2020, 9:31:12 AM
"
foojin wrote:

I actually discussed blitz with Torstein because I felt the build was a bit 'sluggish' for my taste. Trust me he was right on his remark 'just wait until you get blitz'.

It's such a huge QoL and makes the whole build feel much smoother.

If you really want to go with carnage I would be more inclined to skip the warbringer for it and war cries in total, this would also save 3 points on the passive tree. However keep in mind it will make you allot squisher, gives you less recovery options and less reliable endurance charges which are really good in this build.

Ah thank you!
I'm thinking it will probably be smart to have a ruthless gem for mega juiced metamorphs when we can finally freeze them again. I've noticed with some map mods I sometimes can't freeze map bosses consistently and ruthless seems to help a lot.
"
daason wrote:
I'm thinking it will probably be smart to have a ruthless gem for mega juiced metamorphs when we can finally freeze them again. I've noticed with some map mods I sometimes can't freeze map bosses consistently and ruthless seems to help a lot.

Good point. Ruthless will help with freezing bosses with lots of life.
Metamorph bosses are now freezable!
Hi, so how performs this Build in 3.9 ? Looks interesting
Last edited by MartiniHenry on Jan 8, 2020, 5:34:42 PM
"
MartiniHenry wrote:
Hi, so how performs this Build in 3.9 ? Looks interesting

Like a champ! I'm playing it too.

Few points from me and my progression.
-mapping is fantastic
-char is very safe although i die occasionally and that just from 1) either me being lazy and too comfortable OR 2) i test it to see the limits
-damage is also great
-fighting t16 morphs no prob and when they enable freeze after patch it will be even better

Just tried my first Sirius in this league at Awakening lvl 5. Sirius itself is not hard at all. I facetanked beams from the "little" Sirius no problem, just avoided triple one with "DIE" cue (which is easy). HE never killed me, i lost 5 portals due to not knowing where to go and last one I stand next to him after phase when he spawned storm on top of me... But it's ok... xD Ill get him no prob. It's easier than Uber Elder, just to learn what to do with those storms.

This would take 6 points to get to, is there anything worth dropping in favour of these points?
The other two points are "9% increased armour" and "+12% fire resistance"
Last edited by Maelstro on Jan 8, 2020, 6:18:58 PM
"
Maelstro wrote:

This would take 6 points to get to, is there anything worth dropping in favour of these points?

looks like 5 points but still that's a lot... :/ Build has a lot of resistance penetration so adding more has diminishing returns.
Maybe some combo where you spec into that and anoint Written in blood... Depends on your gear also if you have some int based rare items with es.
Brainstorm it xD
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 8, 2020, 6:25:44 PM
4 question

1. Why alway Yugul as minor
2. Why no taste of haste
3. Why Warbanner instead more level of precision
4. Why no watcher eye (precison critmulti)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info