[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

"
DotsandDashes wrote:

Thanks for the info. My only concern with Chieftain is overall speed of the character. I dont need meta levels of zoom zoom but i feel like Chieftain will be sluggish in overall speed compared to a dex character. Got any videos of clips of your gameplay?

I don't record, can't be bothered. Yes, Chieftain will be slower than a Deadeye because you don't have tailwind. You can craft tailwind with one of the new exalt orbs though, but that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon, and it's not gonna be cheap. It is also slower than a Raider cause raider gets movement speed from having frenzy charges and phasing, but other than that, Chieftain is as fast as anything else. I think its just fine personally.
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
DotsandDashes wrote:

Thanks for the info. My only concern with Chieftain is overall speed of the character. I dont need meta levels of zoom zoom but i feel like Chieftain will be sluggish in overall speed compared to a dex character. Got any videos of clips of your gameplay?

I don't record, can't be bothered. Yes, Chieftain will be slower than a Deadeye because you don't have tailwind. You can craft tailwind with one of the new exalt orbs though, but that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon, and it's not gonna be cheap. It is also slower than a Raider cause raider gets movement speed from having frenzy charges and phasing, but other than that, Chieftain is as fast as anything else. I think its just fine personally.

I will be putting up gameplay for 3.9 once I've gotten the build in a good place and I plan to stream my progress twitch.tv/bdzle. I work a full-time job though so my progress isn't going to be as swift as some already trying the build. I will put a request in the build post for T16 gameplay or higher if anyone is interested in submitting.

Some people have already discussed this but, the monster buff in 3.9 will make leveling feel a little slugish if you aren't paying close attention to your gear. This build isn't built to be speedy; Rather, a semi-tanky and cautious approach to the new difficult bossing. The Trickster version will likely be much faster. Unfortunately, I've been busy at work and haven't had much time to revise. I plan on getting something worked out before the end of the year.
Uh oh, Stinky
CrazylikE is so right. Progressing the Atlas is such a PITA, holy shit

BA is amazing for morph bosses, especially if you are not geared heavily. Kite with BA and f**king run and sometimes the morph boss will melt, sometimes it will be a bit tanky. But good lord, I can't imagine playing melee this league.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Dec 16, 2019, 4:55:46 PM
i made a berserker with this tree and everything is pretty nice and fast so far.
"
girng wrote:
CrazylikE is so right. Progressing the Atlas is such a PITA, holy shit

BA is amazing for morph bosses, especially if you are not geared heavily. Kite with BA and f**king run and sometimes the morph boss will melt, sometimes it will be a bit tanky. But good lord, I can't imagine playing melee this league.

Yeah, only thing they've got going for them is that they have fortify, which might be enough to tank some more stuff, not sure. There are so many things the morph bosses do that is god damn impossible to see some times. Its just black on black on black, all of a sudden 1 beetle blows up on you and kills you even with 8k life. This reminds me of Invasion league back in the day, where every damn boss would just one shot you from off screen. Only difference is, now we actually create the bosses that will one shot us. Been abusing our range lately, don't even bother having the boss anywhere near my screen space.
Probably a stupid question, but how do you sustain mana? Am I missing something?
Assuming you're running two auras (herald of ash & anger) you should have like 100+ mana left over, if you use precision you need an enlighten gem level 2 or higher, or just have a lot of extra base mana.

To sustain you need to grab the node near the ranger side, the 0.4% physical damage leech life/mana. This will enable you to gain mana back on hit.
Is there anything we can do for movement speed? I'm really enjoying the build, but would be loving it if I could move faster to clear.
so quick question and tips for all i went Lionaeye Paws with culling strike and curse on hit flammability if u can manage the resist with gear and use those its GG easy curse setup and culling built in also for OP of post do you think dropping tasalio for End charge on fire skill might be better ? again if resist aren't a problem

i was wondering its easy investment for us to get to 5 End charge

so +25% fire dmg and 25% physical dmg would that be better also with the extra QoL of

5 End charge = 20% DR and 20% resist all thx in advance
Currently leveling this, i've got a 5 link xoph's bow and one thats unlinked that im in the process of trying to 6 link.

Before i manage to 6 link my bow, what gem should i drop for my 5 link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info