[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

Could you give some advice about trickster variation?
Nice guide mate
"
Loethor wrote:
Could you give some advice about trickster variation?
Nice guide mate

Yeah i have a trickster, doing toxic rain but not really feeling it.
Would love to see a trickster variation too.
would iron grip help us or not ? thx in advance
why aren´t you using PIERCE support gem? With PIERCE monster pack clearing is much more smoother
"
Core421 wrote:
would iron grip help us or not ? thx in advance

Iron Grip is not worth grabbing in the build's current form. If we were STR stacking with Hyrri's Demise and Xoph's Heart, I'd say it would be a much more valuable pickup.
Uh oh, Stinky
"
TonyStark81 wrote:
why aren´t you using PIERCE support gem? With PIERCE monster pack clearing is much more smoother

/early on, I suggest Pierce, once your damage is good enough, you shouldn't need the pierce gem and a supplementary source of pierce should be all you need. If you prefer to pierce a whole pack, you may opt to use Infractem in your second weapon slot. Infractem is pretty cheap, so it's worth trying out.
Uh oh, Stinky
"
TonyStark81 wrote:

Just to add to the answer above, remember we proliferate. With GMP and a single pierce on our quiver, packs should die very consistently.
So I've been leveling with this, and so far the ONLY issues I have is single target. EA has been more than amazing for clearing and I've actually ended up over-leveled because of it. Very good build though, can't wait to see what I can do in maps.

I'm working on upgrades as I finish act 10, but I can't figure out a way to boost single target. Burning damage was better over combustion, so I swapped to that for faster burn, but atm can't get anything to increase damage.
"
lord9898 wrote:
So I've been leveling with this, and so far the ONLY issues I have is single target. EA has been more than amazing for clearing and I've actually ended up over-leveled because of it. Very good build though, can't wait to see what I can do in maps.

I'm working on upgrades as I finish act 10, but I can't figure out a way to boost single target. Burning damage was better over combustion, so I swapped to that for faster burn, but atm can't get anything to increase damage.

Pick up Infractem. You'll be happy
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
When I saw the changes to burning arrow my first thought was Chieftain as well for some nice tankiness and fire synergy. I found this guide a few days before the patch and have been using it roughly since. Been working out great so far as I've been leveling (in Act 8 at this point, no problems so far). A couple things to note about the build:

In reality your damage is going to be much higher than displayed in PoB. Ngamahu isn't factored in at all and is actually better for ignite builds than any other build. During the effect you're getting the 100% increased physical damage as fire, giving you big ignites. Then even when the buff wears off your last big ignite will still tick away for 4-5 seconds depending on your setup. So you're essentially getting the buff for about 8-9 out of the 10 seconds.

I swapped Malevolence for Anger. It's basically the same DPS wise but with the added benefit of +skill duration. The burning arrow "extra ignite" damage has its duration extended by malevolence which increases both uptime and chance a better, bigger ignite is ticking. Same with wave of conviction debuff / curse uptime.

I'm also using malachai's artifice w storm brand instead of stormfire. It depends on your gear to figure out which is better. If you have a decent amount of lightning damage stormfire is probably better. Also if you can't keep up 5 stacks of the extra ignite stormfire may be better. But its definitely a good option for super cheap and early game. It also lets you cap lightning res pretty easily which basically only leaves cold from your remaining gear. Stormfire is far better for clearing, though.

Lastly, has anyone tried Asenath's chant? I'm thinking of trying it out with wave of conviction / flammability / elemental weakness in it rather than using CWDT / trying to get it on gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info