[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

"
Elestor wrote:
Hello,

i created a similar build before seing your guide ! It is awesome and helped a lot.

If i can put my contribution :

- i play witchfire brew who is giving us a LOT of dps with the despair curse aura. It is easier to apply than flammability.

- I didnt take Ngamahu because i needed the resist and the tankyness of Tasalio.

- I am playing storm gift who is realy helping my global dps (i rolled implicit fire damage % life). It is very good with stormfire !

- I took boits with "Ignite you inflict deal dmg 10% faster"

- Drillneck is super mega good for clearing, best boiw imo.

- Hrimnor's resolve is a must have for this build.

- I am playing ice golem and precision level 3 for the extra crit since i wasnt procking ele overload often enough.

- I took versatilility and Precision because i think they are worth to spend some points.

- Next change is to remove greater multiple proj when i got my Dying sun, i ll switch it for swift afflication

- I got a ring with fire and lightning dmg as well as herald of ash lvl 22; big dmg boost and free slot.

With all that, i can't be ignited, chilled or frozen, poisoned thanks to the pantheon. Other immunes are on flask.

For this to work you need to get Tasalio or u dont have enough resistances.

The build runs smooth and is tankier than i expected (6k+ hp izi pizi, capped all resistances).

Thank you for sharing your experience with the build! I will play around with your suggestions and try to work them into the guide.

Witchfire brew is a great option for budget dps increase.

Storm's Gift is a great option for this build. I'll have to look into the possible implicits and write some info on it.

The ignite speed boots are definitely a smart addition!

I'll have to look at Hrimnor's resolve.

The build could use a little more crit to proc our EO as often as we want. I'll look into re-organizing things to fix this.

That HoA ring seems like a great addition to the build. I'm hoping Shaper/elder rings aren't too hard to get.
Uh oh, Stinky
Hey so I'm using this build and was looking at the ignite DPS of your original post and after fiddling with the settings to be actually the real xoph's nurture and now I can only manage to get 980k ignite dps on the single target to show with all of the expensive gear options and a half decently rolled xoph's nurture. If I use modest gear, the ignite dps goes down to 680k. Unless I'm missing something here it seems that the actual DPS of this build is quite lower than what was thought earlier/ is being advertised? My character still has a ton of room to grow as I'm trying to roll some shaper gloves right now among other things such as improving my jewels and getting a 6link, but I can't help but feel that the boss DPS leaves much to be desired unless I'm doing something horrifically wrong.
Curious what's the max level of wave of conviction to work with lvl 11 cwdt? i see flame golem is listed but not WoC
"
Misease wrote:
Curious what's the max level of wave of conviction to work with lvl 11 cwdt? i see flame golem is listed but not WoC

WoC should be lvl 14. I'll add that info into the guide.
Uh oh, Stinky
"
BDZLE wrote:
"
Elestor wrote:
Hello,

i created a similar build before seing your guide ! It is awesome and helped a lot.

If i can put my contribution :

- i play witchfire brew who is giving us a LOT of dps with the despair curse aura. It is easier to apply than flammability.

- I didnt take Ngamahu because i needed the resist and the tankyness of Tasalio.

- I am playing storm gift who is realy helping my global dps (i rolled implicit fire damage % life). It is very good with stormfire !

- I took boits with "Ignite you inflict deal dmg 10% faster"

- Drillneck is super mega good for clearing, best boiw imo.

- Hrimnor's resolve is a must have for this build.

- I am playing ice golem and precision level 3 for the extra crit since i wasnt procking ele overload often enough.

- I took versatilility and Precision because i think they are worth to spend some points.

- Next change is to remove greater multiple proj when i got my Dying sun, i ll switch it for swift afflication

- I got a ring with fire and lightning dmg as well as herald of ash lvl 22; big dmg boost and free slot.

With all that, i can't be ignited, chilled or frozen, poisoned thanks to the pantheon. Other immunes are on flask.

For this to work you need to get Tasalio or u dont have enough resistances.

The build runs smooth and is tankier than i expected (6k+ hp izi pizi, capped all resistances).

Thank you for sharing your experience with the build! I will play around with your suggestions and try to work them into the guide.

Witchfire brew is a great option for budget dps increase.

Storm's Gift is a great option for this build. I'll have to look into the possible implicits and write some info on it.

The ignite speed boots are definitely a smart addition!

I'll have to look at Hrimnor's resolve.

The build could use a little more crit to proc our EO as often as we want. I'll look into re-organizing things to fix this.

That HoA ring seems like a great addition to the build. I'm hoping Shaper/elder rings aren't too hard to get.

Storm's Gift is an interesting option, especially for clear speed. Might be more awkward to balance resists for early play. Incursion gloves with a pierce craft can do the same, especially as shaper rares are more scarce:

Losing the dex from Starkonja's makes the Hrimnor swap feel bad. I guess rebalancing for Dex in the tree via accuracy nodes works, losing out on crit for EO though too

Last edited by mrelusive on Dec 18, 2019, 10:49:48 PM
"
Rionok wrote:
Hey so I'm using this build and was looking at the ignite DPS of your original post and after fiddling with the settings to be actually the real xoph's nurture and now I can only manage to get 980k ignite dps on the single target to show with all of the expensive gear options and a half decently rolled xoph's nurture. If I use modest gear, the ignite dps goes down to 680k. Unless I'm missing something here it seems that the actual DPS of this build is quite lower than what was thought earlier/ is being advertised? My character still has a ton of room to grow as I'm trying to roll some shaper gloves right now among other things such as improving my jewels and getting a 6link, but I can't help but feel that the boss DPS leaves much to be desired unless I'm doing something horrifically wrong.

Are you calculating the 40% extra debuff ? With 5 of those stack your total DoT is 3 times your average ignite DoT, even more if you count 3 stacks form vaal burning arrow.
I am interested in Storm's Gift, but don't know how it works. Can anyone explain? Since they can roll Lightning Resistance in implicit, I think I can swap my gloves. But losing the life.

Here are my comments for those who are thinking about going for this build, based on my tier 7 mapping so far.

The build is very good, 100% worth going for. Tanky, clears at a good speed, great boss damage and kiting.

However leveling is kinda a pain if you go for a bow leveling. I would suggest going fireball, and swapping at 53 when you can buy an infractem.

Infractem is very nice, carried me all the way to tier 5 until I had enough currency for a 5-link xoph's. Damage and clear speed was good, sustain was a bit hard without leech.
Can you please post a poeplanner link or something other than pastebin? its down right now xD
I have a question. How do you deal with porcupines? I get to maps and even at t1 got a close call when pack explode on my face off screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info