Watch the ExileCon Livestream and Win Microtransactions with Twitch Drops!

"
Zykor wrote:
"
xlordfanboy wrote:
jesus guys come down! everyone got a chance for FREE stuff.

They did not, that's the problem. Most people weren't detected as eligible despite having their accs linked. Only 0.75% of the 1.6m total viewers were detected as eligible to roll for item drops. Are you telling me you non-ironically believe that only 0.75% of people would link their accoutns to twitch despite the largest incentive to watch the stream being twitch drops? Hello?

Bex even said it - 12,000 viewers were in the rolls. Go away boomer.

stop crying like a little kid.

"i watched 5hours and i didnt get a single cosmetic REEE where are my cosmetic ggg. i lost all trust in you!"

give me a brake. grab a monster and listen to lil pimp zoomer.

Pathetic...
The biggest mistake GGG made with this was having it be a timer-based random chance with no guarantee. It would have been much better for them to have simply done it as a drop ever 4-5 hours of watch time and then just still had the reward be the random grab-bag.

The 1.5% chance every hour just pisses people off since many don't understand that 5.5 hours is an *average* time between drops at those odds and not a guarantee and it also means that exceptionally unlucky people could tune in from start-to-finish on both days and get nothing while others could get multiple rewards watching for half an hour, leading to lots of people feeling cheated. RNG was the wrong way to handle this - bad RNG was why I quit Blight half-way through the league... just like players feel cheated when they put 200 hours into a league and only witness a single exalt drop while watching their friends get them almost daily, viewers seeing others post about getting multiple Twitch drops while they aren't getting any is only going to upset them.
HOW ARE PEOPLE SO DENSE LMAO??!!!

They ADMITTED There was a fcuk up. They just SHOVED ALL THE BLAME ON TWITCH LMAO!!!!

DID GGG even BOTHER? Bother to Check during the stream(HEY CRAZY IDEA, How about checking BEFOREHAND if streaming via x number of eligible accounts works?) Or bother to make amends after the fact? NOP.

Just went FULL 6ix9ine on Twitch's a$$. The same platform that is letting them gain Millions of views for THEIR BUSINESS. They just said "IT WAS ALL TWITCH'S FAULT ON THEIR END SO WE'RE BLAMELESS #SCIENCE"

Lol dudes, it's one thing to defend the good sides of a game and its devs, and defend the game when people are objectively Incorrect in their criticisms

It's a whole nother thing to be a blind fanboy sycophant. Who just gets sore at any criticism, even if it's valid. And their chimp brain parts just flare up and they leap to defense and shite flinging. They feel like they're defending their sacred idol, and anything is fair, even random pseudo arguments like "learn2use statistics u nobe", "you people r just super sore and raged out at not winning an item sore losers just deal with it like i deal with my problems, by escaping into a video game".

Christ we GET IT, YOU LOVE THE GAME, AND HAVE INVESTED TOO MUCH TIME AND MIND IN IT TO THINK IT, AND ITS MAKERS ARE FLAWLESS. But guess again, friendo, they're just like you sometimes; wrong.
"
saif3r wrote:

I've spent 1.5y playing with basic stash and never complained about it. All I needed is procurement and I was enjoying trading with no issues.

Hence "free only for players who like pain and discomfort".
Can't imagine playing now without currency\map\fragments tabs. And while Procurement is a valid option, it's just really really inconvenient and poe.trade (I believe it pulled data from trade topics) turned into outdated mess (try selling something like Tabula Rasa and you'll get dozens PMs from poe.trade users 10 minutes after sale was complete).

PoE needs purchases to be an enjoyable game.
GGG needs to fix this. Doesn't matter whose responsibility it is, but this is turning from PR candy to PR poison.
I suspect for GGG the fix is stupid easy.
GGG asks Twitch for the accounts and logged in times for each. I'm guessing Twitch has all this as knowing account login times and viewer watch times is what their marketing dept uses to sell ad space. Selling ad space is Twitch's business model.
Then GGG runs a quick script on that and assigns loot. Boom fixed. Everyone is happy (except for that one guy who watched all day everyday and got hosed by RNG). Even the hosed guy is more happy if as an apology everyone also guest 1 random MTX from the pool.

Last edited by Painsponge on Nov 16, 2019, 3:02:01 PM
"
Dreznin wrote:
The biggest mistake GGG made with this was having it be a timer-based random chance with no guarantee. It would have been much better for them to have simply done it as a drop ever 4-5 hours of watch time and then just still had the reward be the random grab-bag.

The 1.5% chance every hour just pisses people off since many don't understand that 5.5 hours is an *average* time between drops at those odds and not a guarantee and it also means that exceptionally unlucky people could tune in from start-to-finish on both days and get nothing while others could get multiple rewards watching for half an hour, leading to lots of people feeling cheated. RNG was the wrong way to handle this - bad RNG was why I quit Blight half-way through the league... just like players feel cheated when they put 200 hours into a league and only witness a single exalt drop while watching their friends get them almost daily, viewers seeing others post about getting multiple Twitch drops while they aren't getting any is only going to upset them.

The single most common-sense thing they should have done when hosting one of the biggest events of their short existence, is QUALITY CHECK THE PROMOTION, TEST IT BEFOREHAND, COMMUNICATE WITH TWITCH, instead of throwing them under the bus and poofing away. It is THEIR LAZINESS that caused this, their inability to forsee the failures of their promotion. Nobody is entitled to any mtx, of course.

But luckily, as we have it, by virtue of GGG's own statement on this very post, the players who signed up, are ENTITLED to the OPPORTUNITY to win, Not the guarantee, But the OPPORTUNITY to do so.

Gonna be 30 pages of this pointless back and forth ad absurdum soon.
"
allbluedream wrote:
GGG needs to fix this. Doesn't matter whose responsibility it is, but this is turning from PR candy to PR poison.

Their support needs to be inundated with emails for them to even think about taking this seriously.

Everybody reading this needs to complain hard as fuck.
i just wanted to second all of those complaints, saw the twich , enabled drops as said in the guide, all night long 5.5 hours got 0.0 drops + ate almost all of my bandwith and cant play for shit all day.
please, cheapen the wing prices !
Am Yisrael 'Chai
Twitch Prime Drops: Your account is eligible to participate in Twitch Prime Drops. IS OTHER WORDING THAN Your account is eligible to participate in Twitch Drops. may it be that prime members are bugged and dont get the drops? is here any prime user that can say he got drops?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info