[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
sorell0 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

That's is of course no criticism on your comments as everyone can have his own opinion. I just want to have a healthy discussion about options in this build :)

Im agree with you!:)

But your calculation are really wrong!
You got just 46% chance to impale so that make your impale totaly usseles(I mean how many hits need your minions to proc impale?).Without a Impale support
you gain just a impale effect(When a impaled enemy is hit,the impales reflect 10% of the physical damage of the impaling hit to that enemy.Impales least for 5 hits.Impale support but also grant Increased Impale Effect/More physical Damage/-physical reduction against Impale Hits.

Here my damage.. Just with 1 Awakened(Minions damage).And without a Bottle of faith or other Awakened that you got for sure not for cheap.

Spoiler

So i will suggest to use Skitterbots insteand Dread Banner/Aspect of the spider really fast 80%base + three % and grant Chill and Shock witch increase our Sentile dps by a lot!
Cheers

There is one big failure in your calculations also. Skitterbots only apply a base shock auf 15% but you are calculating with 50%. Update this and you will see a significant decrease in your DPS.

I know that my Impale dps is not that predictable but I try to achieve as much flat damage as possible and possible impale is just another boost. Although I could imagine replacing dread banner/spider with skitterbots. But they only give a 15% shock as said before.
"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
sorell0 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

That's is of course no criticism on your comments as everyone can have his own opinion. I just want to have a healthy discussion about options in this build :)

Im agree with you!:)

But your calculation are really wrong!
You got just 46% chance to impale so that make your impale totaly usseles(I mean how many hits need your minions to proc impale?).Without a Impale support
you gain just a impale effect(When a impaled enemy is hit,the impales reflect 10% of the physical damage of the impaling hit to that enemy.Impales least for 5 hits.Impale support but also grant Increased Impale Effect/More physical Damage/-physical reduction against Impale Hits.

Here my damage.. Just with 1 Awakened(Minions damage).And without a Bottle of faith or other Awakened that you got for sure not for cheap.

Spoiler

So i will suggest to use Skitterbots insteand Dread Banner/Aspect of the spider really fast 80%base + three % and grant Chill and Shock witch increase our Sentile dps by a lot!
Cheers

There is one big failure in your calculations also. Skitterbots only apply a base shock auf 15% but you are calculating with 50%. Update this and you will see a significant decrease in your DPS.

I know that my Impale dps is not that predictable but I try to achieve as much flat damage as possible and possible impale is just another boost. Although I could imagine replacing dread banner/spider with skitterbots. But they only give a 15% shock as said before.

Impale don´t grant flat damage.

The Skitterbots' base Chill is a 10% reduction of Enemy Action Speed and the base Shock is 15% increased Damage Taken. This is before the "Increased Effect of Shock" and "Increased Chill Effect on Enemies" bonuses of the gem are taken into account.

Cheers
Last edited by sorell0 on Apr 2, 2020, 2:35:14 PM
"
sorell0 wrote:

The Skitterbots' base Chill is a 10% reduction of Enemy Action Speed and the base Shock is 15% increased Damage Taken. This is before the "Increased Effect of Shock" and "Increased Chill Effect on Enemies" bonuses of the gem are taken into account.
Cheers

Yeah. Base shock is 15%. Increasde by 19%, i.e.,
15%*1.19=17.85%
and therefore 17.85& increased damage taken. But in your PoB you use a shock value of 50 instead of 18.
"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
sorell0 wrote:

Cheers

15%*1.19=17.85%
and therefore 17.85& increased damage taken. But in your PoB you use a shock value of 50 instead of 18.

That becouse poe don´t calculate the 15% damage take before the effect.Cheers
"
sorell0 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
sorell0 wrote:

Cheers

15%*1.19=17.85%

That becouse poe don´t calculate the 15% damage take before the effect.Cheers

I don't understand. Can you try to explain more detailed how you get to the number 50% in PoB exaclty by using 15% Base Shock and 19% increased effect of shock?
Second Update:

POB has DPS up to roughly 2.3M per Sentinel for a total of 16M-ish DPS. Got a lucky House Of Mirror drop so decided to update as much of my gear as I could. Both rings are now the proper stats, and upgraded a medium cluster to Pure Agony/Disciples. Upgraded my belt to fit in another jewel (updated existing ones too) as well as getting a really nice + 1 active gem chest. All gems are now 20/20. Pushed my health over 6300. Clearing T16s with ease and burned down a juiced Minotaur last night about as fast as I ever have. I usually stop playing a character after level 90 but almost 94 on this guy. Will continue to push my atlas until I get Sirus 8.

My only upgrades at this point would be a very expensive +1 Strength, + 1 Phys Amulet, Awakened Gems, and possibly new boots/gloves but that is just min maxing at this point.

Estimated total gear expense is roughly 25-30 ex with the majority of the cost between the chest, rings, and amulet.

Thoroughly enjoying this one. Definitely the most currency I've ever invested into a single character.

"
Jaxom wrote:
Second Update:

POB has DPS up to roughly 2.3M per Sentinel for a total of 16M-ish DPS. Got a lucky House Of Mirror drop so decided to update as much of my gear as I could. Both rings are now the proper stats, and upgraded a medium cluster to Pure Agony/Disciples. Upgraded my belt to fit in another jewel (updated existing ones too) as well as getting a really nice + 1 active gem chest. All gems are now 20/20. Pushed my health over 6300. Clearing T16s with ease and burned down a juiced Minotaur last night about as fast as I ever have. I usually stop playing a character after level 90 but almost 94 on this guy. Will continue to push my atlas until I get Sirus 8.

My only upgrades at this point would be a very expensive +1 Strength, + 1 Phys Amulet, Awakened Gems, and possibly new boots/gloves but that is just min maxing at this point.

Estimated total gear expense is roughly 25-30 ex with the majority of the cost between the chest, rings, and amulet.

Thoroughly enjoying this one. Definitely the most currency I've ever invested into a single character.

I see you use Blind support and Culling strike instead of Spectres and Stone golem. How did this affect the build? Clearly more dps this way? How about survivability?

I have 6,7k life and strong regen atm but only 1,26 million dps per sentinel. Got the +1 sentinel helmet enchant, +1 active skill socket body armor and awakened minion dmg gem today. My build is based on the 3.9 passive tree with no cluster jewels so I suspect that's where I lose the dps. Even without cluster jewels this build can clear pretty much everything in the game. Only thing I've failed is Uber Elder but that was my first time trying it and I don't know the mechanics well yet. Also Sirus at aw8 is extremely difficult after 3.10 but at aw7 quite easy. Playing standard.

https://pastebin.com/ESpG9yKK

Last edited by patouskii on Apr 3, 2020, 2:40:32 PM
"
patouskii wrote:
"
Jaxom wrote:
Second Update:

I see you use Blind support and Culling strike instead of Spectres and Stone golem. How did this affect the build? Clearly more dps this way? How about survivability?

I have 6,7k life and strong regen atm but only 1,26 million dps per sentinel. Got the +1 sentinel helmet enchant, +1 active skill socket body armor and awakened minion dmg gem today. My build is based on the 3.9 passive tree with no cluster jewels so I suspect that's where I lose the dps. Even without cluster jewels this build can clear pretty much everything in the game. Only thing I've failed is Uber Elder but that was my first time trying it and I don't know the mechanics well yet. Also Sirus at aw8 is extremely difficult after 3.10 but at aw7 quite easy. Playing standard.

https://pastebin.com/ESpG9yKK

Yeah, if you are basing this off of the 3.9 tree, and not leveraging cluster jewels, you are missing a ton of damage. My tree a bit different than the guides. I specced out of the entire top of the tree. I used those points to grab more life nodes towards the marauder start, and used the rest for cluster jewels.

Because I'm not in the witch area, I dont have the extra golem, and not using spectre's. This freed up 2 gem slots and decided to add blind to my Carrion Golem and Culling Strike. I also have 6% blind on minion hit on an abyss jewel so most things are blinded. Its just another layer of defense and even standing in the middle of packs, i rarely get hit between blind, evade, and block. Cull is nice for end game bosses and just makes some of the harder boss kills a tiny bit faster. Certainly not needed but I do notice a little bit of a difference.

Cluster jewels are probably more than half of my damage. My minions should have 80% to impale, plus I get 2 extra Sentinels bringing my total count to 7. You can get a lot of minion damage, speed, attack speed in those clusters, plus with Disciples, I get another 7% phys reduction (1% per sentinel). I also have 2 small clusters both providing nice life increases and regen.

https://tinyurl.com/u4pbell

My tree is above. You can see the extra clusters I'm using and jewels. Pure Agony/Disciples Cluster was the most expensive and I just upgraded to it last night so its certainly not needed but does help with a little bit more survivability. I used Pure Agony/Invigorating Portents Medium cluster for most of my levels and is pretty cheap.

Any tips how to craft that +1 level phys and str gems amulet? I have a double influenced ilevel 82 amulet, and try to alter till one of the +1 prefix comes (around 2-300 alter, sometimes 2 times that much), then anull if necessary and regal the other prefix on it, but I was wondering if there is any other way, or maybe quality from catalysts help.
Last edited by palpatin on Apr 4, 2020, 2:17:57 AM
"
Jaxom wrote:

Yeah, if you are basing this off of the 3.9 tree, and not leveraging cluster jewels, you are missing a ton of damage. My tree a bit different than the guides. I specced out of the entire top of the tree. I used those points to grab more life nodes towards the marauder start, and used the rest for cluster jewels.

Because I'm not in the witch area, I dont have the extra golem, and not using spectre's. This freed up 2 gem slots and decided to add blind to my Carrion Golem and Culling Strike. I also have 6% blind on minion hit on an abyss jewel so most things are blinded. Its just another layer of defense and even standing in the middle of packs, i rarely get hit between blind, evade, and block. Cull is nice for end game bosses and just makes some of the harder boss kills a tiny bit faster. Certainly not needed but I do notice a little bit of a difference.

Cluster jewels are probably more than half of my damage. My minions should have 80% to impale, plus I get 2 extra Sentinels bringing my total count to 7. You can get a lot of minion damage, speed, attack speed in those clusters, plus with Disciples, I get another 7% phys reduction (1% per sentinel). I also have 2 small clusters both providing nice life increases and regen.

https://tinyurl.com/u4pbell

My tree is above. You can see the extra clusters I'm using and jewels. Pure Agony/Disciples Cluster was the most expensive and I just upgraded to it last night so its certainly not needed but does help with a little bit more survivability. I used Pure Agony/Invigorating Portents Medium cluster for most of my levels and is pretty cheap.

Thanks for clarification. Cluster jewels seem to be quite expensive so I'm sticking with 3.9 build for now. There's still some things to optimize on this one also, like +1 phys skill gem amulet. I'd also prefer slightly better survival. Leveling from 95 to 96 now, which is still quite managable but died twice on some freaking lightning totem while mapping, ridiculous. Did Sirus on aw5 just to be sure not to die there, and I didn't.

Btw I had wrong configuration options on PoB. Didn't have power, frenzy and endurance charges ticked for minions. We get them through Harmony of Purpose ascendancy. So ticking those and combined dps went from 1,26 million to 1,84 million dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info