[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Spectres suck balls, they are always dying.
My thoughts so far:

Instead of harmony of purpose you i will take Time of Need. The only thing i need are the endurance charges.
You can take one small cluster jewel: Enduring Composure (30% Armor, 1 Endurance Chare every second when hit recently). In my oppinion a very strong small cluster jewel.

Als also drop spectres as they are shit.

Lastly instead of Disciples or Cult Leader i took Heraldry in two of my medium cluster jewels. Heraldry reduces Herald Mana reserve by 10%. ABSOLUT not relativ. 2 of them are 20% less mana reserved total.
That saves me all the points in the mana reserve wheel.

Overall. Very strong build.
I'm having issues keeping the sentinels going, I'm at 8 sentinels atm. but the hard part is keeping them up. Using blade vortex atm. Linking current gear and links, got 4 times pure agony and disciples + 3 times surging vitality.

Spoiler
Last edited by Maggot123666 on Apr 1, 2020, 2:36:27 AM
"
Maggot123666 wrote:
I'm having issues keeping the sentinels going, I'm at 8 sentinels atm. but the hard part is keeping them up. Using blade vortex atm. Linking current gear and links, got 4 times pure agony and disciples + 3 times surging vitality.

Spoiler

You could get better gloves.
Spec into Grave pact. Anoint Ravenous Horde.
Get a Helm with the enchant +1 to number of sentinels

Get one of these instead

Why do you have a mana flask?
Don't forget to flip your gems with the level 20 + 1GCP recipe.
Fish
Well got a new helmet

Damage isn't the issue all bosses die instant when i have 9 sentinels, the problem is spawning them, by blade vortex takes too long to kill trash mobs in T16 maps.
Last edited by Maggot123666 on Apr 1, 2020, 5:34:45 AM
"
Maggot123666 wrote:
Well got a new helmet

Damage isn't the issue all bosses die instant when i have 9 sentinels, the problem is spawning them, by blade vortex takes too long to kill trash mobs in T16 maps.

You can use a writhing jar flask.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Would it make any sense to get two corrupted iron point daggers, both with incr. spelldmg? that should boost bladevortex dmg slightly?
Well got a new helmet

Damage isn't the issue all bosses die instant when i have 9 sentinels, the problem is having spawning them, by blade vortex takes too long to kill trash mobs in T16 maps.

Edit:

Got a new chest and a lvl 21 gem, still need more survivability.
Regarding the Sentinels spawn issue:

Many of you seem to have issues spawning them in Maps. This should never be the case. In Simulacrum Wave 19/20 it can be hard but should be possible with enough gear.

Most people who have problems using 2 large cluster jewels to get to 9 Sentinels. I think this is not needed and also explains why you have problems to spawn sentinels in Maps.
Skipping Spiritual Aid on the left side minion wheel decreases your DPS significantly as your BV dmg isnt increased by minion damage anymore. I check my PoB and allocating Spiritual Aid TRIPLES my BV dps. If you really want to head for 9 sentinels you should maybe considering annointing spiritual aid.

I'n my opionion 9 Sentinels are not necessary and 7 are enough. As many say boss dps is high enough and clear is great with only 7 sentinels as well.

Give Spiritual Aid a try!

"
SuchWaffles wrote:

Note about spectres: Honestly if you are going to use them, just use the Stoneskin Flayers. Everything else just dies if you are doing actually hard content. I haven't lost a Flayer yet. You could use minion life too, I suppose, but I don't have many issues with golems dying as is. My end goal is maybe to use an Awakener orb to add Elder to my helmet and roll for a +3 lvl 20 minion life support but I don't even think that's really worth doing.

Can only support this! Since I'm using them they never died. Replaced my Carrion Golem with 3 (Daeth Attunement instead of Golem Cluster) of them and they not even die in Simulacrum 20, 100% Delirium or AW8 Sirus. I'm using selfcast Convocation to keep life regeneration up and to position them better.

"
TallTimbers wrote:
Get jewels with these modifier to improve survival.

Minions have #% chance to Blind on Hit with Attacks
Minions have #% chance to Taunt on Hit with Attacks

Also a great advice regarding suvivability you shouldn miss! I especially recommend taunt on hit when you using many sentinels and no golems or spectres!

"
So what is the word on the best amulet anointment options?

I see Charisma listed. Is that really optimal? I don't seem to require any reduction in mana reservation running Herald of Purity, Pride, Dread Banner, and Flesh and Stone.

Some random minion damage mod or a random survivability mod? But of those, which are the best? Or is Charisma still the best entirely because of the aura effect buff?

You need Charisma if you want to fit in an Aspect along the other auras as well. Using your rings and Sovereignty you can reduce you HoP to 0 mana reservation but you have to cut of some reservation from the others as well to be able to reserve Aspect of the Spider. I'm currently left with 127 Mana using all auras.

"
Kronodude wrote:
So I'm following this build

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Gnomiro/Oeller_DSCHoP?i=1&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Purity

Stats
75/75 Res
4505 Health
6023 Armor

I think I've seen Gnomiro post in the forum as well. I'm loving it and just starting red maps so I got some work to do still. Dmg is insane especially on single target.

Does anyone have any tips on defensive options with this build? Right now I'm working up to better gear with more armor and health. My ascendancies seem good the only thing I'm missing is Disciples for the extra physical resistance.

That being said I only die in 18+ simulacrum and when I'm deep in delirium with conqueror mobs spawned.

Thanks,

I like to use a high level CWDT setup in this build as you have high armour and a higher level increases your protection when its procc. In addition we want molten shell to proc when we get a big hit and not small ones. If you have a low level one molten shell is maybe on cd when you are receiving a hard hit.

Another point is that you seem to not use Fortify neither whirling blades. Fortify is a more or less unique dmg reduce modifier which increases your survivability significantly! You should at least use a two-link with whirling blades or maybe even a 3-link with faster attacks for better quality of life. You have to use it approximately every 4 sec and hit an enemy.
You can put your desecrate into an off-hand for raising spectres.

On my progression:
Switched to Stoneskin Flayers as spectres replacing Carrion Golem for more "protection minions" around me. Golem aura dmg-loss was covered by respeccing into Death Attunement which increases minion dps significantly.

Furthermore was able to move my dex requirement fully into ring-implicits, amulet implicit and small cluster jewels (crafted one with 15 dex per small passive along life and fettle):

In addition I finally got a new chest and culling gloves. Culling Gloves can be seen as an additional QoL feature for sentinel creation. The chest allowed me to get rid of some resistance requirements on other items. Although I wanted to hit "% Life on Kill" to increase survivability:

Last progression point now will be an awakended Multistrike which increases sentinel dps by around 50% (from 3.4 million to 5.2 million)
Last edited by Gnomiro on Apr 1, 2020, 10:07:35 AM
I used to use a 6link weapon swap to start off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info