[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Thanks, spiritual aid solved my issues!
"
Gnomiro wrote:

"
SuchWaffles wrote:

Note about spectres: Honestly if you are going to use them, just use the Stoneskin Flayers. Everything else just dies if you are doing actually hard content. I haven't lost a Flayer yet. You could use minion life too, I suppose, but I don't have many issues with golems dying as is. My end goal is maybe to use an Awakener orb to add Elder to my helmet and roll for a +3 lvl 20 minion life support but I don't even think that's really worth doing.

Can only support this! Since I'm using them they never died. Replaced my Carrion Golem with 3 (Daeth Attunement instead of Golem Cluster) of them and they not even die in Simulacrum 20, 100% Delirium or AW8 Sirus. I'm using selfcast Convocation to keep life regeneration up and to position them better.

How do I get these spectres?
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Maggot123666 wrote:
Well got a new helmet

Damage isn't the issue all bosses die instant when i have 9 sentinels, the problem is spawning them, by blade vortex takes too long to kill trash mobs in T16 maps.

You can use a writhing jar flask.

Whenever I try to use writhing jar in this way my golems kill them before my blade vortex seems to, do i have to unsummon golems or am i doing something wrong haha
How do you guys mitigate elemental damage?

No block or dodge, minions AI still dumb af with feeding frenzy so I have to be up close and personal.
Gnomrio,

I looked at your PoB and you can save one point if you move your jewel by Instability below Constitution unless you need that INT.

Edit:
Didn't realize that was thread of hope, what's allocated i don't see on pob?

The tree on the website showed me.
Fish
Last edited by TallTimbers on Apr 2, 2020, 12:15:00 AM
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Last progression point now will be an awakended Multistrike which increases sentinel dps by around 50% (from 3.4 million to 5.2 million)

Where you come from with 3.4m dps x sentinel?
I don´t calculate Crusader slam becouse of 6 sec cooldown

"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
Curs3dfox wrote:
"
chaelp wrote:
Decent build, does all content well, even Sirus would be a piece of cake if the fight wasn't bugged as hell. Done level 20 of whatever that zone is called a few times, bosses melt.

Why are people not using Impale? Are claw cluster jewels really good enough to make impale jewel not worth using over others? Even with all the bonuses you get on an impale support gem?

Impale has its use in longer fights. When everything melts down you never get the damage increase PoB is showing you as you don't hit the enemies enough. The other games provide maybe a little less damage but on every hit from the beginning.

Not true!Becouse we can reach now 100% impale with new cluster.
I see you sentinel have 2.3 Attack/s thats mean you have a big increase of damage at the second hit aswell, help with rare monster(blight/simulacrum/legion event even map mob/bos) when the sentinel can not oneshot them like normal white mob.(More sentinel more dps/clearspeed!).

My tip is don´t use Aspect of the spider becouse they periodically applies a Spider's Web debuff to nearby Enemies.Insteand use Skitterbots becouse of the instant debuff they made.
Last edited by sorell0 on Apr 2, 2020, 8:56:45 AM
"
sorell0 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:

Last progression point now will be an awakended Multistrike which increases sentinel dps by around 50% (from 3.4 million to 5.2 million)

Where you come from with 3.4m dps x sentinel?
I don´t calculate Crusader slam becouse of 6 sec cooldown
Spoiler

Here is a screen from my PoB with damage and configuration:
Spoiler

I'm using the community fork which accounts for more damage modifiers and cluster jewels: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding
Here is also a PoB: https://pastebin.com/v475KB2b

"
sorell0 wrote:

"
Gnomiro wrote:

Impale has its use in longer fights. When everything melts down you never get the damage increase PoB is showing you as you don't hit the enemies enough. The other games provide maybe a little less damage but on every hit from the beginning.

Not true!Becouse we can reach now 100% impale with new cluster.
I see you sentinel have 2.3 Attack/s thats mean you have a big increase of damage at the second hit aswell, help with rare monster(blight/simulacrum/legion event even map mob/bos) when the sentinel can not oneshot them like normal white mob.(More sentinel more dps!).

I could also say "not true": 100% impale only means that each hit applies an impale debuff. But you need to hit 5 more times to apply all "stored" damage of this hit. Resulting in 50% more damage only if you would follow each hit by five more which is impossible as your last five hits will never reach this state. If a mob lives for 2 seconds the first hit would have 50% more dmg but the others not. And often even bosses only live for 2 seconds now. If all your minions hit a mob 10 times with 100% impale you get:

(1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.4 + 1.3 + 1.2 + 1.1 + 1) / 10 = 1.35

So 35% more damage (of course not including impale effect yet). Thrash will most of the time die after 2 or three hits from some of sour sentinels:

(1.2 + 1.1 + 1) / 3 = 1.1

You get only 10% more damage and a minion damage support already grants more.

"
sorell0 wrote:

My tip is don´t use Aspect of the spider becouse they periodically applies a Spider's Web debuff to nearby Enemies.Insteand use Skitterbots becouse of the instant debuff they made.

Skitterbots of course are another option but they need an additional gem slot and I think we use a lot. At least I couldnt fit them in. How big is their aura range on the shock debuff?

That's is of course no criticism on your comments as everyone can have his own opinion. I just want to have a healthy discussion about options in this build :)
Last edited by Gnomiro on Apr 2, 2020, 9:04:46 AM
"
Gnomiro wrote:

That's is of course no criticism on your comments as everyone can have his own opinion. I just want to have a healthy discussion about options in this build :)

Im agree with you!:)

But your calculation are really wrong!
You got just 46% chance to impale so that make your impale totaly usseles(I mean how many hits need your minions to proc impale?).Without a Impale support
you gain just a impale effect(When a impaled enemy is hit,the impales reflect 10% of the physical damage of the impaling hit to that enemy.Impales least for 5 hits.Impale support but also grant Increased Impale Effect/More physical Damage/-physical reduction against Impale Hits.

Here my damage.. Just with 1 Awakened(Minions damage).And without a Bottle of faith or other Awakened that you got for sure not for cheap.

So i will suggest to use Skitterbots insteand Dread Banner/Aspect of the spider really fast 80%base + three % and grant Chill and Shock witch increase our Sentile dps by a lot!
Cheers
Last edited by sorell0 on Apr 2, 2020, 12:20:38 PM
Thank you for a great build, it has been a pleasure. This is easily my best build for bosses and also quite low budget with such a great dps and clear speed. Well my Tesla Cyclone build is quicker but much bigger risk of dying in the process. I've actually leveled that build lately and used this one to kill Sirus and some delve bosses only. Now wanted to give this build some attention again.

Changed spectres to Stoneskin Flayers and added impale and dread banner to the build as OP suggests. This combo seems to be very popular as it's in all my three builds I play. But is impale better in the build if you don't use cluster jewels to support it?

This is where I'm at, playing standard with the build since 3.9:

https://pastebin.com/jGHdGXVw

Not sure where next. I don't have +1 sentinels of purity helmet yet. I've tried to grind it on lab with twice enchanted prophecies but it's just useless, not gonna happen. I have the enchant on Rat's Nest Ursine pelt but not sure if it's better than my Bone Helmet with +40% minion damage and +2 to socketed minion gems (having golems and spectre on helmet). I also need some cold res on helmet. Which gives more dps, +1 sentinel or +40 minion dmg?

Sirus is easy at aw7, aw8 is broken in 3.10 I think. Shaper and Elder pretty easy to do deathless. Uber Elder I failed though. Fun build and quite easy to play.
@Bashtart

Thanks for this build, I really enjoyed using it as a benchmark and built my own version along the way.

I wanted to share with everyone, a version without golems and spectres. I'd say really easy to play since you just have to run around and keep your sentinels up all the time.

End-Game: Not HC viable, All content, Sirus A8 deathless (possible to down last phase during the 4-sirus illusion mode), Max Deli viable with deaths.
Life - 6.67K. 9 sentinels (4.8m dps each - including vaal haste, 2 curses).
If I add awakened multistrike + awakened phys dmg + Impale (21/20); dps will go up to 5.8m for each minion.
Gear is ~20 exalted. Expensive ones are the Helm, Amulet and awakened Gems. Other than that, everything cost between 10-50C.
Cluster Jewels: ~2 exalted. large/medium cost between 10-50C each; I crafted fettle jewels myself and spent about 1k alterations).
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/HDK2vB8k

Budget: not HC viable, all content, Sirus A8 (1-2 deaths during last phase), Max Deli viable with deaths.
Life - 6K. 9 sentinels (3.8m dps each - including vaal haste, 2 curses).
Gear is ~4 exalted. Majority will be from Amulet +1 phys (1-1.5exa), chest for 1exa.
Cluster Jewels: ~1 exalted. Buy them instead of crafting, may not have the ideal jewel sockets but you can disregard some life in early-game.
Budget Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/mpUykeDV

Main difference between Budget and End-game is that I had to attempt to squeeze the pride aura in for the boost in damage. I have removed this in the Budget Pastebin and effectively, you will still hit ~4m dps.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions on the playing style.

Last edited by Kendricklzb on Apr 2, 2020, 1:06:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info