[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Vennto wrote:

Oh totally, no doubt about that. From a perspective of value vs. output this is by far inferior to your option. It was just an informative tip for people that want to minmax and go for the double shaper mods for traps, as those are in a vacuum pretty powerful. Especially when you´re using Mageblood you are missing out on a lot of potential throw-speed from the belt-slot, where I usually gotten it twice - once via unveil and one crafted mod. So I had to look for other pathways to get it - jewels come to mind but ideally you want quadrouple damage or ES + triple multi jewels, so sacrificing throw speed on those is also not optimal.

In the past I´ve crafted a few of those gloves for my trappers (this was pre-eldritch currency though, so there weren´t really alternatives):

As you see, it´s not completely impossible to hit at least one decent ES-Mod. The harvest crafts go for 50c, and with the new tech I described above you can get a pair of sorcerer gloves with the double mod for a reasonable price, when you are okay with sacrificing a bit of Resistances or ES. Could u craft a very decent set cheap like this? surely not, then I would go with your variant. But if you eigher want to minmax OR prioritize the shaper mods, this is a possible way to go about it now due to the recombinators when before it was a pure alt-spamming torture :D

yeah, i mean, i agree with all your points
if i decide to really min max the shit out of build, i will go with your way for sure, with double shaper mods, for power and for flex ofc :D

After all i was making similar ones in the past where there were no eldrich currency, heh

While we're showing gloves ;p

fine, the multiplier was overkill.
This is the worst build. It's just the worst. The quick guide says one thing, the form says another, the character's author has another. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Jun 2, 2022, 6:12:13 PM
Second time doing your build, and even if during this league things got messy, I've managed to play around with the tree and found a good spot for me (a mix between the mix/max'd and the tanky one).

This is my current equip:

I'm planning to change the belt for a good stygian and starting to corrupt the chest hoping to get a +2/+2, what do you think?
"
liowaart wrote:
This is the worst build. It's just the worst. The quick guide says one thing, the form says another, the character's author has another. [Removed by Support]

You are lvl 78 with a wand that would barely work in act 2... ?
Those are attack mods sir... attack crit, attack lightning...

You have 13% lightning damage + your implicit, you might as well be slapping the archnem rares with your bare fists.

Then you're CI with 2 life flasks and majority of your gear has barely any actual ES on it ??... only the 3 uniq items you clearly did manage to find in the guide... :)

Where are you having a problem with understanding the guide? if you actually point out where you see a conflict, i'll be happy to correct it :)

As for MY own character... its none of your worry my dude, all the info you need, is IN the guide.

I'll let you in on a secret though:) I'm always testing new stuff for the guide. For (obvious reasons?) I don't run "my own build tree" every league....
I test new ideas during the leagues I play and then update the guide accordingly if I feel I (or anyone else playing the build and sharing feedback!) found anything worth changing/implementing.

"
KronosIT wrote:
Second time doing your build, and even if during this league things got messy, I've managed to play around with the tree and found a good spot for me (a mix between the mix/max'd and the tanky one).

Spoiler

I'm planning to change the belt for a good stygian and starting to corrupt the chest hoping to get a +2/+2, what do you think?

Definitely! this was a rough league start for everyone with how wacky the archnem mods were... and some are still really annoying. Like imo there's way too much crap being left on the ground that doesn't decay nearly fast enough, it's just annoying gameplay design from GGG's side, it's not really engaging or fun having to "move from this, move from that, move again from this".

Hopefully they are doing a thorough re-design of archnems in general for the next league, with all the critique they're received.

For the gear, i'd 100% craft a stygian and then aim for a +corruption next yep! It's a huge DPS gain, something like 40% if you manage to get +4, but even so it's huge even just getting a +2 for traps (and they're quite affordable as well).

I'm testing a super tanky variant of the skill-tree but not the expensive one, but a cheap'ish version I want to make work so that everyone can afford it.

clip of it in action:)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1316199300
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 2, 2022, 10:15:26 PM
"
woooooorm wrote:

But there is more, impossible escape also frees our anoint! Which brings even more room for finetuning/customization to the build. In my case i opted for "Deflection" (5% attack block, 25% chance for endurance charge on block), but if someone lacking damage, he also can get any dmg oriented notable

I was planning on trying this before checking the thread and was thinking of champion of the cause how much mana does lightning trap cost and is mana fine without that small amount of extra reservation?
Last edited by TikiWikii on Jun 3, 2022, 9:11:13 PM
"
TikiWikii wrote:

I was planning on trying this before checking the thread and was thinking of champion of the cause how much mana does lightning trap cost and is mana fine without that small amount of extra reservation?

Well, you can take champion of the cause i guess, but its not necessary imo

Atm i have 26 free mana i think and with some mana cost shenanigans (-7 manacost craft on ring, alt quality inspiration or trap and mine damage, insightfulness notable) its enough. Problem completely disappears with lvl4 enlighten tho

Edit: about mana cost of your traps. if you want you can pretty much drive it to exactly 1 mana on full energy shield (7 otherwise )
Last edited by woooooorm on Jun 4, 2022, 12:12:13 AM
Just crafted this one.

Still has a spot for slamming ;)

"
oestergreen wrote:
"
liowaart wrote:

You are lvl 78 with a wand that would barely work in act 2... ?
Those are attack mods sir... attack crit, attack lightning...

You have 13% lightning damage + your implicit, you might as well be slapping the archnem rares with your bare fists.

Then you're CI with 2 life flasks and majority of your gear has barely any actual ES on it ??... only the 3 uniq items you clearly did manage to find in the guide... :)

Where are you having a problem with understanding the guide? if you actually point out where you see a conflict, i'll be happy to correct it :)

As for MY own character... its none of your worry my dude, all the info you need, is IN the guide.

I'll let you in on a secret though:) I'm always testing new stuff for the guide. For (obvious reasons?) I don't run "my own build tree" every league....
I test new ideas during the leagues I play and then update the guide accordingly if I feel I (or anyone else playing the build and sharing feedback!) found anything worth changing/implementing.

"
KronosIT wrote:

Spoiler

Definitely! this was a rough league start for everyone with how wacky the archnem mods were... and some are still really annoying. Like imo there's way too much crap being left on the ground that doesn't decay nearly fast enough, it's just annoying gameplay design from GGG's side, it's not really engaging or fun having to "move from this, move from that, move again from this".

Hopefully they are doing a thorough re-design of archnems in general for the next league, with all the critique they're received.

For the gear, i'd 100% craft a stygian and then aim for a +corruption next yep! It's a huge DPS gain, something like 40% if you manage to get +4, but even so it's huge even just getting a +2 for traps (and they're quite affordable as well).

I'm testing a super tanky variant of the skill-tree but not the expensive one, but a cheap'ish version I want to make work so that everyone can afford it.

clip of it in action:)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1316199300

Yep, for real, just with +2 traps i went from 190k to 220k tooltip :)

Since the damage is way too much, I'll work on something to have more survivability on uber encounters, I'll post it if i'll find anything to share!
Last edited by KronosIT on Jun 4, 2022, 2:17:46 PM
So, I am somewhat confused. Part of the ES build is getting CI and you mention that Pain Attunement is something else to get... but that doesn't work with CI at all... CI renders your max 1 hp as full life.

Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info